The Moscow/Idaho Murders #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just watched that and I agree.

But it's really interesting that the prosecution is carrying on like this. It just makes me go mmm...
One of the things LYK said really sat with me.

'In the interest of justice they should be able to present their evidence'

and I think thats why a lot people online are really struggling to see why the prosecution are behaving in such a obstructive way.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
That's what I thought.
And there will be various other politicians, who have no doubt made comments on the case, or have pressed for the death penalty, who will be up for election.

Oh well, cat and mouse it is.
Valid point. I didn't keep up with all the politicans that commented on the case. But I do know that he Governor of Idaho and the mayor of the city of Moscow, both talked about the case before there was an arrest.

The Coroner Cathy Mabbutt was just re-elected, I think in 2022. Someone did post online how to get her election re-called because of things she said in some interviews and how she waited until about 5 or 5:30 pm to show up at the crime scene when she was called shortly after 12 noon. She claimed in one interview that she was letting LE do their thing. But there is Idaho law code that states that she is suppose to work with LE to investigate the scene.

I think that JJJ is just trying to get re-elected when he told Anne Taylor that he doesn't want to schedule the trial for 2025 during the Jan 2024 and Feb 2024 hearings. He said that it's not fair to the families of the victims for a 2025 trial date and I think that this should go to trial in 2024. Same with Bill Thompson too, when in the Jan 2024 hearing, he wanted a Summer 2024 trial. Because the high school is just up the street from the court house and he was worried about the limited parking at the court house for the media and the witnesses. In addition Bill Thompson mentioned that there are a lot of sporting events during the fall and spring semesters at the college, that take up all of the lodging. He said that it's not fair for the community to be inconvenienced by this trial or something to that effect. I was like omg this guy's life is on the line and he was worried about hotels and parking and traffic. But after the defense mentioned that it takes a long time to get ready for this kind of trial and then Bill Thompson stood up and said that what the defense said was true. That's when JJJ was willing to go along with a 2025 trial date but said that it did want to but he may have to do it that way. I was like omg, this wild. Also someone point out that when Bill Thomson filed that paper work asking for a 2024, Bill already knew that there was no way that this trial was going to happen in the summer of 2024, he was just trying to make the defense to look bad. Also the defense pointed out that she doesn't think that the state has all of the discovery yet during one of the recent hearings. This is a hot mess of a case imo.

I don't think that the back and forth is going to stop anytime soon. The prosecution just fights everything that the defense request or wants to do. They are not use to death penalty cases, I think that there has only be one other case. I also heard that Bill is use to getting plea deals and he's not use to going to trial from what I understand. But I could be wrong. I heard rumors that Bill thought that defendant would take a plea deal but that didn't happened.

Reactions: 1
Did Ashley Jennings shush Anne Taylor during the hearing ?!

WHY does no one care about the disclosure? When I worked in the legal world for too long, the judges I know would be absolutely pissed off about withholding disclosure and would absolutely set hard and fast deadlines. Hell, they would even ask WHY and require whichever side to explain themselves. This judge is so doo-dee-doo.

And bill. Good lord. He is way too emotional for a lawyer never mind a lead prosecutor. I can see how he may be one of those that avoid trials (they exist, they don't really want to earn their tax payer salaries...just the easy way out. Only problem for him is the world is watching).

Reactions: 4

WHY does no one care about the disclosure? When I worked in the legal world for too long, the judges I know would be absolutely pissed off about withholding disclosure and would absolutely set hard and fast deadlines. Hell, they would even ask WHY and require whichever side to explain themselves. This judge is so doo-dee-doo.

And bill. Good lord. He is way too emotional for a lawyer never mind a lead prosecutor. I can see how he may be one of those that avoid trials (they exist, they don't really want to earn their tax payer salaries...just the easy way out. Only problem for him is the world is watching).
My guess is because it is a death penalty case.
And therefore it is sort of two trials combined as one - with each relying on different but connected issues.

But I agree, this disclosure issue is most odd - particularly from the prosecution.

Reactions: 2

Good to hear your take about Bill and JJJ since you have a legal background.
---
My guess is because it is a death penalty case.
And therefore it is sort of two trials combined as one - with each relying on different but connected issues.

But I agree, this disclosure issue is most odd - particularly from the prosecution.
I don't understand how the state gave some parts of surveillance around the 1122 King Rd house to the defense but it's only just a few clips and there is no sound.

But in another case MPD claimed that no body cam footage existed for a whole year and then they finally turned it over to the defense, but there was no sound available.

Some people think that the Ashley tried to get the JJJ's attention so that he could stop AT was talking about the test drive. Some people think that the prosecution doesn't want the public to know how they verify the cell phone pings with the drive test. I guess the prosecution thinks that most of the public didn't follow Lori Vallow's case because it was audio only until the closing statements.

Last edited:
I can't wait to see what Andrea Burkhart and EDB cover this latest hearing. I heard that Andrea Burkhart went to the latest hearing in person so that's good.

• Heart
I see that Andrea has finally uploaded her video up to YouTube, I've watched some of it. I'll watch the rest of it later today.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I see that Andrea has finally uploaded her video up to YouTube, I've watched some of it. I'll watch the rest of it later today.

Watching the video...
I found myself wondering if the FBI did a criminal profile...
So I did a quick google search - and sure enough there are plenty of news stories in which former FBI profilers opine on the case.
And I noticed the buzzword 'incel' appeared in numerous stories.

Which in turn makes me wonder if they went looking for an 'incel' (whatever that is this week) and now the problem is the facts don't fit the case against the 'incel' (however they defined it at the time) they found.

Watching the video...
I found myself wondering if the FBI did a criminal profile...
So I did a quick google search - and sure enough there are plenty of news stories in which former FBI profilers opine on the case.
And I noticed the buzzword 'incel' appeared in numerous stories.

Which in turn makes me wonder if they went looking for an 'incel' (whatever that is this week) and now the problem is the facts don't fit the case against the 'incel' (however they defined it at the time) they found.
Out of the 60 FBI agents there was four members of the Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU) working on the case.

Source:

Yeah, the main stream media road that "Intel" theory into the ground.

I agree with your last sentence 1000%. ;)

• Wow
Out of the 60 FBI agents there was four members of the Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU) working on the case.

Source:

Yeah, the main stream media road that "Intel" theory into the ground.

I agree with your last sentence 1000%. ;)
So effectively the FBI took over the case.
That makes what Andrea said more intriguing.

From what I understand no they didn't but Chief asked for Idaho State Police and the FBI's help because they needed their resources. Also someone in New York wrote an article suggesting that Chief Fry should let the FBI take over the case and Chief Fry said that it was their case not too long after that.

An article from Dec 23, 2022

Qutoes from the article linked above -
"Moscow Police are conducting their probe alongside federal agencies. Fry was at pains to point out that such collaboration is normal rather than an indication local investigators are stumped."

'I think there's some misconception out there with how we operate here in Moscow', he said.

'We've called in ATF in the past, we've called in the FBI in the past on many of these big cases because they have resources that we don't, and we want to have the best investigators there.

'We've always done these investigations with the help of our federal and state partners,' he said.

'We're continuing the investigation. We're continuing to push on. Like I said from the very beginning I'm very confident we will have a conclusion to this timeline as things develop and we're following up on all those things.

'We're conducting a lot of interviews and we're putting the puzzle together. There's a lot of things we don't know. We're not sure where the individual [responsible] is. Every tip helps.'

An article written by a former FBI agent that Moscow should let the FBI take over the case. on Dec 14, 2022

But by the looks of some of those court filings from Anne, Idaho State Police was very involved in this case more so than Moscow PD was. Because Anne asked for the training records of Two ISP officers, I think it was Tolleson and Gunnerson and Vargas. Vargas is from Moscow PD.

• Heart
Why interesting imo, I thought that she was only on the lease but never moved in but now they are saying that she moved out, wow.

After all this time now she gives an interview with the media. mmmm....

Last edited:
  • Wow
Why interesting imo, I thought that she was only on the lease but never moved in but now they are saying that she moved out, wow.

After all this time now she gives an interview with the media. mmmm....

Sorry everyone, I didn't know that there was a longer interview with a station in the area. Still have yet to watch this whole interview but I see now that she did live in the house and moved out in May 2022 but was still on the lease. Sorry for the confusion. OMG this case is wild. I heard this lady just started a charity or a non for profit., so I'm guessing that is why she is talking now.

But I still think that the timing Is odd since Bill Thompson and the Judge both confirmed in court that BK stalked that victims in person or on social media.
---
Okay So I've watched the whole video and this lady is talking about the dangers of social media but Bill Thompson and the Judge said that the suspect didn't stalk them on social media.

WOW the coverage of this case is unreal sometimes. SMH.

Last edited:
  • Wow
BBC three, trial by tick tok on now for Uk viewers about how murders became an internet obsession.
I am not sure think it might have been on previously?

BBC three, trial by tick tok on now for Uk viewers about how murders became an internet obsession.
I am not sure think it might have been on previously?
Yes it's been on before in March 13, 2024 and March 14, 2024. Thank you for posting, so others can go and see it.

I see that it airs tomorrow at 1:55, I'm guessing that is AM.

Or you can stream it
here's the link

there is a theory going around that maybe the FBI used a stingray (cell-site simulator) in the area and maybe that's why there is no CAST report.

and also one lawyer thinks that MPD signed a NDA which is why there is no FBI CAST report. In one of the hearings last year, I thought I heard Bill Thompson stated that they wasn't going to call the FBI CAST expert and the FBI Car expert to testify if I'm not mistaken and I thought mmm that's odd.