The Michalaks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m going to be honest, I think the Michalaks are fab.

I think Stef is super talented with the way he puts the videos together and I find them so relaxing to watch. I love the fact that the videos aren’t about the children, they’re just part of it. I like that they manage to keep an element of privacy there and I enjoy their outdoorsy theme. Do I think sometimes Stef could reign it in with the monologues? Maybe, but to be honest I quite enjoy his wit.

I find Hannah very watchable and don’t find her offensive in the slightest. I can see she struggles with mental health and certainly has patches of depression/anxiety but I admire that they don’t keep pushing content out for the sake of it and will take a few weeks off if they need to. Like others have said I’m certain they have another stream of income.

They are such an antidote to the bizarre family vloggers out there who push any old thing out every day just to remain relevant.

I can see here they are not everyone’s cup of tea and that’s cool, but I genuinely enjoy their content.
Why tell Tattle. Go on their social media. This is for people who can't stand them.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I think there’s a place for all opinions - good and bad. I used to love them, especially Hannah, but they have gone off on so many ‘creative’ tangents (Stef’s vanity projects), they’ve lost a lot of what made them special.

Reactions: 10
I have to say, I used to love them. It wasn't the move to Bath or change of video style that put me off, its the arrogance that they both seem to have developed in the last couple of years. I just can't be arsed to sit and watch them sat on a sofa, his mansplaining and interrupting everything Hannah says and Hannah looking down her nose with absolute contempt at the camera.

Reactions: 16
Yes exactly!! They’ve become very arrogant and also resentful. He mansplains everything and she is always annoyed, pissed off and looks at Stef like she wants to kill him. I don’t get it. Doesn’t he tell her ‘hey reign it in a little?’ Doesn’t she see how rude and bitchy she comes across?
I can’t watch. It’s so bad. Stef is a dick to us but he’s her husband and the father of her kids. She’s so nasty to him so much second hand embarrassment for both of them during these videos.

They use the kids for content a lot. They know how to put them in there and in Instagram shots to get like and empathy. I don’t think they’re better than any other bloggers.

Reactions: 8
Yes exactly!! They’ve become very arrogant and also resentful. He mansplains everything and she is always annoyed, pissed off and looks at Stef like she wants to kill him. I don’t get it. Doesn’t he tell her ‘hey reign it in a little?’ Doesn’t she see how rude and bitchy she comes across?
I can’t watch. It’s so bad. Stef is a dick to us but he’s her husband and the father of her kids. She’s so nasty to him so much second hand embarrassment for both of them during these videos.

They use the kids for content a lot. They know how to put them in there and in Instagram shots to get like and empathy. I don’t think they’re better than any other bloggers.
That’s exactly it, they would always think they were “above” other YouTubers or family vloggers but they’re just as bad if not worse than most of them 🤐🤐

Reactions: 4
Remember the days when they used to rip the piss out of family vloggers for shilling their kids out for whatever money they could get? Using slo-mo and a b&w filter doesn’t make you any better than Jon Saccone Joly, Stef.

Reactions: 14
Remember the days when they used to rip the piss out of family vloggers for shilling their kids out for whatever money they could get? Using slo-mo and a b&w filter doesn’t make you any better than Jon Saccone Joly, Stef.
I also recall him indirectly ripping the piss out of Jonathan Saccone-Joly for getting a hair transplant a few years ago.

I can't stand JSL, but Stef really isn't much better now.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I also recall him indirectly ripping the piss out of Jonathan Saccone-Joly for getting a hair transplant a few years ago.

I can't stand JSL, but Stef really isn't much better now.
I don’t know much about the SJs, thankfully I’ve never seen their content but I know they are cringe.

I’ve stopped watching Hannah and Stefs weekly (ish) vlogs but all I see on his social media is LandRover ads? Who is buying Landrovers off of the back of a vlog??

Reactions: 5
I'm sure Landrover is using them for cheap marketing- pay a wannabe film maker a couple of thousand and lend them a Land Rover , so they can use the footage from their trips for proper LR advertising and marketing, at a fraction of the cost if they were to pay for professional footage. Meanwhile they still drive around in their old car.

Someone’s commented on her latest post saying they think they saw her today and she was like omg you should’ve said hi.. anyone else feel like she seems like the least approachable person ever or is it just me?! 🤣

• Haha
Someone’s commented on her latest post saying they think they saw her today and she was like omg you should’ve said hi.. anyone else feel like she seems like the least approachable person ever or is it just me?! 🤣
OMG I would never! I’d fear getting sneered at 😂

Reactions: 3
Hi, and then watch the tumbleweed. Hannah has nothing interesting to say. Just ask her why she married a head.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I do really like Hannah’s style and loved her old videos but Stef seems pretty arrogant - I once saw him driving that stupid convertible Evoque in Bath. He had some shite chav music blaring away whilst driving through the city centre with the top down. Was quite embarrassing for him when he had to stop at a red light right outside the busy train station :LOL: I made sure to do a proper awkward stare and explain to whoever I was with what a wannabe he is..

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Or getting Grayson to read some dull or dreary poem !

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Remember that poor witch who stopped to say hello to them outside a coffee shop in a vlog. Hannah was as cool as ice, wouldn't even shake hands. Stef at least was friendly.
Also in last week's pile of crap video Stef and Hannah said that we've all been through some stuff so that's why we're all the massive cunts we are. Paraphrasing there. No, I'm good thanks. Just think Hannah is a twit and Stef a dick. Shame as she used to be so likeable and I loved watching them in their London vespa days.

Remember that poor witch who stopped to say hello to them outside a coffee shop in a vlog. Hannah was as cool as ice, wouldn't even shake hands. Stef at least was friendly.
Also in last week's pile of crap video Stef and Hannah said that we've all been through some stuff so that's why we're all the massive cunts we are. Paraphrasing there. No, I'm good thanks. Just think Hannah is a twit and Stef a dick. Shame as she used to be so likeable and I loved watching them in their London vespa days.
Yes!!! Stef came across so much better, I hope he’s the same about their viewers off camera. Hannah should have been at least polite, their viewers are their source of income after all.

I’m going to be honest, I think the Michalaks are fab.

I think Stef is super talented with the way he puts the videos together and I find them so relaxing to watch. I love the fact that the videos aren’t about the children, they’re just part of it. I like that they manage to keep an element of privacy there and I enjoy their outdoorsy theme. Do I think sometimes Stef could reign it in with the monologues? Maybe, but to be honest I quite enjoy his wit.

I find Hannah very watchable and don’t find her offensive in the slightest. I can see she struggles with mental health and certainly has patches of depression/anxiety but I admire that they don’t keep pushing content out for the sake of it and will take a few weeks off if they need to. Like others have said I’m certain they have another stream of income.

They are such an antidote to the bizarre family vloggers out there who push any old thing out every day just to remain relevant.

I can see here they are not everyone’s cup of tea and that’s cool, but I genuinely enjoy their content.
I agree with you on a lot of points. I think Stef very talented, although I’d qualify that by saying I know zero about film or photography. I love his silky montages! I wish he wouldn’t spend videos talking about making the videos - just get on with it!

I think the kids get more privacy than say the Saccone Joly kids but a lot of their content is about the kids so I’m a bit torn on that one.

Hannah comes across as somewhat spoiled recently. Some of the way she comes across might be anxiety who knows but she was more watchable even a couple of years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I've not watched for ages but caught a link on another thread here about their trip to France so watched Hannah's vlog last night (Roo's 3rd birthday) and was just gobsmacked at the size of the "vlogging camera" that Stef uses. How is that not intrusive to their lives? And all the setting up of shots and no natural interaction. It's so sad really.

(slight backstory : I challenged Stef once on Twitter - he promptly blocked me from his Twitter account (not a problem) and then did the same on Hannah's Twitter account even though I exchanged a few nice tweets previously with Hannah. He's such a controlling head)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.