The Masked Singer UK #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
M F is the only one i have guessed correctly at first song, he was easy if you have heard him sing as many as many times as I have. 😁
I was the same with Morten Harket. I guessed it was him as soon as he started singing.

Reactions: 3
That is an excellent guess. No effort at all in that very strong voice. I just listened on YouTube to National Express and the voice is very similar - tho he's not been heard about for ages.
The Divine Comedy are still touring regularly and NH certainly hasn’t ‘disappeared’. Not necessarily the type of activities that garner high-profile media coverage, but NH/Divine Comedy are still active and successful.

I’d absolutely love it if it was him (I’m a HUGE Divine Comedy fan), but I’d struggle to think of anyone less likely to do it. I don’t really sense anything of NH’s voice in Phoenix’s performance either.

i can definitely hear lulu in jellyfish
Well by all accounts she’s pretty poisonous so Jellyfish would be an apt costume 😁

Reactions: 6
Had it on again for dockid to watch today - was listening (not watching) as busy which slightly changed some thoughts. When jellyfish said about winning a competition or similar, I started thinking along the xfactor theme, and listening to her sing reminded me at first of Diana Vickers and then Katie Waissel. Very tedious ‘celebs’ I know. Just a thought.
A few on twitter were suggesting Michelle McManus.

A few on twitter were suggesting Michelle McManus.
I actually hold my hands up to watching a video of her singing as it’s difficult to get a grasp of jellyfishs size - felt that the clues were too obvious for her based on the obscurity that there has been before. I think she’s bustier than jellyfish too based on what could be seen. And she didn’t have as much of a rock voice though I appreciate that could change over the weeks. (yes I need a life and almost certainly will be wrong throughout!)

Ignoring most of the clues, I did first think, keeping in mind the sort of disappointing mid-2000s hasbeens that crop up, Jellyfish's voice could be Gabriella Cilmi. Didn't she say a lot about being relaxed = chill me? The beachy shots would be because she covered Echo Beach for the TV show of the same name and as for her choice of character, *drumroll*, she has an album called The Sting!

Nah, if we can make the clues seem logical for anyone this early on, they're probably just names the show wants us to think it is. Ohoho so devious.

I saw that fellow mid-2000s hasbeen Katie Melua has an upcoming tour to promote and hasn't done anything notable in many moons, so expect her in the next batch of six! Nelly Furtado is also bound to be on the show eventually.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Also responsible for Father Ted's My Lovely Horse
And the theme song. It's
The Divine Comedy are still touring regularly and NH certainly hasn’t ‘disappeared’. Not necessarily the type of activities that garner high-profile media coverage, but NH/Divine Comedy are still active and successful.

I’d absolutely love it if it was him (I’m a HUGE Divine Comedy fan), but I’d struggle to think of anyone less likely to do it. I don’t really sense anything of NH’s voice in Phoenix’s performance either.

Well by all accounts she’s pretty poisonous so Jellyfish would be an apt costume 😁
100%

He is way too serious to do something like this as well.

Plus I’m sure I saw somewhere she won the celeb sewing bee (I could be very wrong), which also ties into the clue about the stitches equalling 26
Oooh didn't she win that celeb opera singer thing ages ago, where they were trained to sing at that level?

Someone said they think that was filmed in the US.
But I did find an article confirming filming for the current series of the masked singer took place October 2022. Amber posted on the 17th October 2022 she was in the UK
Yes a relative of mine was in the audience for the masked singer final and this was back in October!

Reactions: 1
Anyone else think cat and mouse could be Jennifer Saunders and ade Edmondson?

Phoenix I reckon is Ricky Wilson

Mr Voltaire got Kammy straight away but he’s a big football fan

Looking forward to the next batch.

Some of the outfits are terrible. Rubbish bin?
If Jacket Potato isnt Brian Harvey I will be so disappointed.

• Haha
Why am I finding Joel hot tonight?😅 Think it must be the hair 😂

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
The duck is davina wearing?!
Johnathan’s jacket is giving me the creeps 🫣🕷

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.