The Lodge Guys

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
100%!! They brought their house for £177,500 back in 2002, it is now valued at over £450k. Previous holiday vlogs didn’t show scrimping on hotels etc so they were quite clearly financially secure. Recently things have had a down turn, what with the business etc and hence introduction of Patreon. I wish people would see the wood through the trees that their money is propping up a lifestyle choice. I’ve seen little in the way of using the donations to support and improve the vlog, instead it’s going towards lengthy international holidays, gin and amazon prime.

p.s, Can we please talk about the gifting of a second hand chocolate bar as a birthday gift, they didn’t even see any shame in it! I think Janine and family are wonderful and would be great full regardless.
How do you know that info? not a dig but a genuine enquiry btw

Reactions: 1
How do you know that info? not a dig but a genuine enquiry btw
When they registered their company with Companies House they used their home address before changing to their business address. Silly as it now makes it all public record. Zoopla then gives you all the details about purchase history etc.

Reactions: 2
I wish people would see the wood through the trees that their money is propping up a lifestyle choice. I’ve seen little in the way of using the donations to support and improve the vlog, instead it’s going towards lengthy international holidays, gin and amazon prime.
You said that much better than I was trying to!

Why do they both feel like they need to pretend to be ‘asleep’ when the other one is vlogging? It’s so obvious they’re not even asleep.

Nick also makes out that he sings as a laugh and doesn’t take it seriously, tonight’s and previous vlogs beg to differ. You can tell he tries really hard...

I also hate how robotic they are when they open and close their vlogs; everything’s always begging for likes and subs, I don’t believe you should beg as your content alone should be enough to make people want to do that naturally

Reactions: 6
OMG that rice he cooked ... slop :sick: must be because he didn’t have his “chef” hat on !!!!

• Haha
Shall we start a new drinking game, ? every time Nick says literally or basically - take a shot, I would definitely be pi$$ed off my t!ts ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
You get sweet FA for four quid, barely a leg in the door of their “Patreon Family”. To get early access to their videos you need to be paying them $20 a month.

If they did away with the tiering and just asked people to donate simply because they like the content I’d have no issue. It’s the grasping nature of the tiering that I dislike.
Yeah and you see a jump in their patreons bumping up to that early content tier when they go abroad. While I agree £4 is nothing if you’ve got 130 a month paying a minimum of £4 a month, over a year it £6,250 which can do a bit and given that I think I remember the last time I saw there were 80 on the £20 tier or higher they were doing ok, which is why I thought I can go support someone else

You all know that the smallest patreon donation is like £4 don't you? it's small change to most people, hardly life changing amounts of money
£4 to someone on very low or limited income is a lot .. many many years ago when my daughter was 5 ish (she’s 33 now) I was a single parent and struggled some days to scrape £1 together, so £4 to me back in the day I’d have thought I’d won the lottery!!!

Just tried to comment on their latest vlog, looks like they have to approve it before it shows 🤷‍♂️ Guess this means they do read every comment. I did wonder why everyone was so positive within the comments section.

Reactions: 3
Just tried to comment on their latest vlog, looks like they have to approve it before it shows 🤷‍♂️ Guess this means they do read every comment. I did wonder why everyone was so positive within the comments section.
Just shows that they’re gutless they put themselves out there but obvs can’t take the negativity they only want positive comments which is not a true representation of their channel !!

Reactions: 4
£4 to someone on very low or limited income is a lot .. many many years ago when my daughter was 5 ish (she’s 33 now) I was a single parent and struggled some days to scrape £1 together, so £4 to me back in the day I’d have thought I’d won the lottery!!!
Yes, you're right it is a lot to someone on a limited income - therefore they wouldn't become a Patreon? To watch videos its free. I personally don't see the problem with Patreon. Nobody is forced to become one for any influencer.

Yes, you're right it is a lot to someone on a limited income - therefore they wouldn't become a Patreon? To watch videos its free. I personally don't see the problem with Patreon. Nobody is forced to become one for any influencer.
That’s true but it’s just a form of online begging .. that’s just my opinion .. but it’s each to their own I personally wouldn’t give my hard earned money to two people who definitely don’t appear to need it !!!

That’s true but it’s just a form of online begging .. that’s just my opinion .. but it’s each to their own I personally wouldn’t give my hard earned money to two people who definitely don’t appear to need it !!!
Hmm... like you say though it's your opinion (which you are entitled to) everyone has the ability to make their own decisions to be a part of it or not. It's not my thing really but my point is nobody is being forced into it.

I totally agree that it is a choice whether you participate in Patreon or not, the issue I have is that if you don’t, you are purposely felt to get very little. Everything they do (watch parties, quizzes, cookalongs, meet-ups, discord chats, karaoke, bingo, animal crossing, call of duty.... etc) is only open to those who contribute to their pockets.

Throughout the vlogs you are reminded of what you could be a part of, subliminally of course. If people were to hear “we have a watch party tonight exclusive for our paying patreons” or “we have a quiz tonight that you can join if you have donated us money through Patreon” I think more people’s eyes would be opened to the fact it has become a members only club.

The fact the underlying message is camouflaged people aren’t seeing the money grabbing for what it is, (Next time you watch, time how long it takes to hear something about Patreon or exclusive material) and thus people are sucked in. £4 is not a lot to most therefore not a big deal to sign up right? I mean you get access to all this additional stuff! But wait, if I go to the next tier I can get a shout out and so on.... and through this Machiavellian scheme your “option” to sign up doesn’t seem as free willed as it should and more of a necessity if you want to be a part of the “gang”

Let’s not forget to add they will be payed to a degree from Youtube for views, superchat income if you want to ask a question, they have a paypal account ready to drop funds into, a “merch” store, company sponsorships on the rise with the increase of subscribers (another thing you are urged to do) and watch this space for a PO Box reopening.

Lastly, feel free to comment on their videos, they do read every comment after all, but bear in mind no-one else will see it until it has been vetted. ✌🏻

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Ex patron here.

We found the vlogs about 18 months ago and thought they were quite entertaining at first, although we did notice Nick to be a know it all.

We paid for the lowest tier as we thought brilliant we can help them create new content. Less than six months later that direct debit got cancelled, thank god all they got out of us was £24! I’d hate to have paid more!

During the discord ‘chats’ Nick is very, very, very controlling, thinks he knows it all and doesn’t like it at all when he is in the wrong and tries to belittle you so much!

Leigh doesn’t really bother interacting too much on there, although this may have changed since lockdown.

As for the minions, they truly are brainwashed.

The names they mention over and over and over they’re literally on discord 24/7, and it makes me cringe.

Cliquey as hell and after a while you couldn’t get a word on edge ways as they just prattle on about nonsense.

Glad we hightailed out of that one!

Also the Disney Vlog thing annoys me - they know nothing about Disney, and use all the knowledge they’ve gained from others on discord, in the Florida group etc to palm it off as their own.

We still dip in and out on the vlogs, but notice so much more now when watching and cringe hard at it all.

Reactions: 18
I totally agree that it is a choice whether you participate in Patreon or not, the issue I have is that if you don’t, you are purposely felt to get very little. Everything they do (watch parties, quizzes, cookalongs, meet-ups, discord chats, karaoke, bingo, animal crossing, call of duty.... etc) is only open to those who contribute to their pockets.

Throughout the vlogs you are reminded of what you could be a part of, subliminally of course. If people were to hear “we have a watch party tonight exclusive for our paying patreons” or “we have a quiz tonight that you can join if you have donated us money through Patreon” I think more people’s eyes would be opened to the fact it has become a members only club.

The fact the underlying message is camouflaged people aren’t seeing the money grabbing for what it is, (Next time you watch, time how long it takes to hear something about Patreon or exclusive material) and thus people are sucked in. £4 is not a lot to most therefore not a big deal to sign up right? I mean you get access to all this additional stuff! But wait, if I go to the next tier I can get a shout out and so on.... and through this Machiavellian scheme your “option” to sign up doesn’t seem as free willed as it should and more of a necessity if you want to be a part of the “gang”

Let’s not forget to add they will be payed to a degree from Youtube for views, superchat income if you want to ask a question, they have a paypal account ready to drop funds into, a “merch” store, company sponsorships on the rise with the increase of subscribers (another thing you are urged to do) and watch this space for a PO Box reopening.

Lastly, feel free to comment on their videos, they do read every comment after all, but bear in mind no-one else will see it until it has been vetted. ✌🏻
Well said 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

I bet they are loving the fact that a couple of ex patreons are here giving us the inside scoop *waves to Nick and Leigh Cooooeee :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Ahh pouting Leigh and know it all Nick.

Queens of “Hello Fresh”

I cannot believe people pay for the privilege to play
call of duty with them or bad Karoke!

The lady from Bristol is enchanting, not too irritating
at all....

Reactions: 7
OMG - the 'apartment' - what a dump!

Seriously, why??

And please people stop giving them money, they patently don't need it. If you want to help them out send them a chopping board.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.