The Lodge Guys

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No it's not all begging, but they really do only interact with their clique.
And it is very very cliquey.
There are a lot of people who think they are their best buddies.
It's just very micro managed, Nick truly lord's himself around, behind the scenes people think he is a giant knob.
So what made you see the light and leave

Reactions: 1
I feel that they take advantage of people who are probably unable to see friends as often (if they work Unsocial hours or maybe work away from home) and charge them to be in their ‘clique’.
Seriously, if anyone is feeling lonely enough that they have to pay to be friends with The Lodge Guys I will be your friend for free 👍

Reactions: 5
So basically you pay your Patreon money, get access to these Discord chats with other Patreons but they're so heavily moderated that conversions and chats are being deleted?

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I have wondered how 'fun' their discord chats are. They seem to mention the same few names, are they the chosen few or the ones who just put up with more crap from this pair of losers.

Reactions: 2
I have wondered how 'fun' their discord chats are. They seem to mention the same few names, are they the chosen few or the ones who just put up with more crap from this pair of losers.
Maybe the more money you pay the more mentions you get?

Well, I've just watched some of the live they've just done, I noticed one of their patreons commenting that they wouldn't be carrying on as one as he was saving up for something (a motorbike licence I think) About a minute later Nick said hang on I just need to delete a comment. I scrolled back and guess what? It was that comment! How effin rude!!! And ungrateful!
RUDE!! shown his true colours there.

They get all these things gifted to them I’d like to know what they gift to others? Nowt I bet or if they do be cheap crap

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
surly they will know who you are if you’ve left their discord?
I can’t stand them both, I know the feeling is mutual with tattle life 😉
They might, although I never spoke on there just read.
I can't help how it made me feel. And I don't mean any harm.
I'm just a woman in my 60s who is wise to people's behaviours.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve been very active on the Sophie and Dave thread and the Victoria in detail threads.
And I would put Adam Hattan in the same bracket to some extent.

these “Disney” vloggers use And manipulate their audience and it’s so dangerous 😐

glad you got away!

If you didnt speak on there.
How do you know what the one to one interactions are like.
Isn't discord alot of private conversations?
Sorry for so many questions but I was thinking about joining but seeing your comments is making me feel different

I think Patrons come and go. I support an Irish podcaster, nothing to do with Disney or vlogging, but I haven’t bothered to listen for a while so I might cancel.

I would imagine vloggers that use Patreon need a steady stream of new contributors due to people leaving all the time.

It’s a very unreliable income stream. Presume they have other ways of bringing in money? I’d be stressed out of my head if I was having to sing for my supper on Patreon.

I was also thinking about it when they were doing vlogmas. I thought they were really entertaining and funny and the lodge looked beautiful so I tuned in every night at six. Then they went to Florida for 5 weeks and I realised I needed my money more than they did!

Reactions: 7
I think he's just vain both in fact both of them are, there's nothing wrong with either of them, they keep fat shaming each other and I don't think either of them is overweight .. he brings more attention to himself by going on about it and when he went swimming in his shirt he stood out so much which brought on all the comments !!
First time commenting- I always find their diet and body image stuff over the top - especially when some of their patrons are a bit larger. So I think how does that portray to them? I’m finding them bland right now.

I used to love watching them. And was a patron for a long time.
But my opinion has completely changed.
I don't think they have a healthy relationship. I appreciate they both clearly lack in confidence but the personas they have created make them look like idiots.
They don't respect each other, and Nick is absolutely obsessed with that guy who lives in America.
If I was Leigh I would be questioning that for sure.
The reason I finally left Patron was the constant censoring of what could and couldn't be talked about.
They had a section for the Virus, and you could see it was hugely beneficial to many. But apparently people were arguing so it got removed. I didn't see arguing.
Nick is far to controlling, you can be a patron but only if you talk about what they want you to.
I'm not in their FB group so I'm not sure if it's the same in there.
He talks to people like they are crap on his shoe. They would be better separating, they are not good for each other.
They were getting their admins to close off/turn off comments for any conversations to do with the virus, but now it’s all people desperately trying to keep holiday dreams alive and other realising that UK citizens may just not be able to get back into the US for a while

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
So basically you pay your Patreon money, get access to these Discord chats with other Patreons but they're so heavily moderated that conversions and chats are being deleted?
Essentially, yes I’m an ex-patreon as well. Unless you’re in that clique, you’re ignored. I can chat to people anywhere, I don’t need to pay for it

I would imagine most Patrons are on the $20 tier as a minimum. That’s the one that gets you “exclusive early access”. The $5 tier is kind of pointless and the $10 isn’t much better, the only added bonus is that it gets you a shout out on their vlogs when you join.

I don’t have a problem with the Patreon model because it allows you to support content creators, and thats fine. It’s the “benefits” as you go up the tiers I find ridiculous.

Also, the podcast I support has no tiers. You choose how much you want to contribute.

I didn’t join the Patreon campaign for the rewards. I just wanted to support it to help it be financially viable for the content creator.

So it really annoys me if they paywall something that should be part of the core product, and the “exclusive access” should be part of the core product in my opinion.

Last edited:
Essentially, yes I’m an ex-patreon as well. Unless you’re in that clique, you’re ignored. I can chat to people anywhere, I don’t need to pay for it
Their patreon thing is false advertising IMO. They hard sell it as a fun, games, chat and interaction for ALL patreons. When by the sound of it it's only the chosen few who fully included.

What do we think of Nicky? the one who went to Florida with them.

Their patreon thing is false advertising IMO. They hard sell it as a fun, games, chat and interaction for ALL patreons. When by the sound of it it's only the chosen few who fully included.

What do we think of Nicky? the one who went to Florida with them.
I take it Nicky is a Patreon .. If he is, IMO they treated him shamelessly on that trip, they should have picked him up and dropped him off whenever they were out together, as he's paying into their vlogs, again IMO it's the least they could have done as a thank you for his support, but instead they let him get Uber's numerous times and they didn't even take him to the airport when he was going home ... selfish!!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.