The Ingham Family #62 Now everyone knows Chris dipped his wick

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A 16 year old deserves a right to privacy, they are still vulnerable but they are young adults and shouldn't have parents putting monitoring devices on their phone, hawk eyeing all their social media, checking their browser history or going through their text messages, what a massive way to break trust and control them. Safe guarding for 16/17 year olds means talking, letting them know how to use the internet safely, discussing the pros and cons of what can happen and treating them like the young adults they are. If the person is a child under 16 then it's a different story but I'd be mortified at that age knowing that my parents are watching my every move.
I had monitoring software on my kids computers and had their social media passwords, but you're right, once they got to be older teens, I didn't go digging behind their backs. But they knew I could. My daughter has special needs, and even though she's 25, I still have access to her accounts, but I wouldn't go checking them without discussing it with her, and I would have her present when I did.
You're right that there has to be some trust, and kids have to have some privacy, but there's a line to walk between respecting their privacy and being oblivious, which it seems so many parents are. Groomers couldn't succeed at online grooming if parents talked to their kids, and kept an eye on their accounts. That's why they say that kids shouldn't have computer in their rooms. If it's in a family area, there's less likely to be an opportunity for someone to creep on them.

Reactions: 14
I had monitoring software on my kids computers and had their social media passwords, but you're right, once they got to be older teens, I didn't go digging behind their backs. But they knew I could. My daughter has special needs, and even though she's 25, I still have access to her accounts, but I wouldn't go checking them without discussing it with her, and I would have her present when I did.
You're right that there has to be some trust, and kids have to have some privacy, but there's a line to walk between respecting their privacy and being oblivious, which it seems so many parents are. Groomers couldn't succeed at online grooming if parents talked to their kids, and kept an eye on their accounts. That's why they say that kids shouldn't have computer in their rooms. If it's in a family area, there's less likely to be an opportunity for someone to creep on them.

. SM-G960U .
So much of what you've said is true for kids or people with special needs but otherwise a 16 year old isn't a kid. They are young adults and need to have their privacy, they can legally have sex, have a kid, get married, live on their own, they're entitled to go on the internet without being monitored. When they're older they won't have their parents there to check their messages and searches are safe, they need to learn those skills themselves and that means stepping away and letting them take control. As I said, safeguarding for them means conversations, talk about things, discuss helpful ways to use social media and what can go wrong. Asking where they're going instead of looking on app builds trust, even now I still let someone know where I'm going because I understand that it's safe to do that. It's all about learning the skills themselves so they can be independent later on, privacy is a very important part of developing and growing up and really should be respected.

Reactions: 10
A 16 year old deserves a right to privacy, they are still vulnerable but they are young adults and shouldn't have parents putting monitoring devices on their phone, hawk eyeing all their social media, checking their browser history or going through their text messages, what a massive way to break trust and control them. Safe guarding for 16/17 year olds means talking, letting them know how to use the internet safely, discussing the pros and cons of what can happen and treating them like the young adults they are. If the person is a child under 16 then it's a different story but I'd be mortified at that age knowing that my parents are watching my every move.
Love this only people with teens will understand and do it all you want you will just push them away and they become worse and rebel could end up much worse off

Reactions: 4
I don't know, I find Dave a bit suss too. I remember someone saying on a video that they used to be a fan of his band, and Chris would hit on young girls at their shows and just generally act creepy. Not saying thats on Dave, but as bands from that genre and MySpace era are often perceived as being a bit creepy/suspect to begin with (especially with how many have had allegations against them in the past - Moose Blood, Neck Deep, Brand New etc), if you knew your brother was using your platform for that and still allowing him to tag along and follow fans on Instagram...it just doesn't sit right with me.
Yeah, Dave's a twit of the highest order too. Hi Steve, your family is the worst!

Reactions: 3
I am questioning all da orders. I think lazy is just moving the inventory from one side of the room to the other, taking pictures so it looks like they sold a very lot and have reordered a very lot. They got all da nerve.
That's what I thought. So the bought blankets have been posted, and they are what remains

Reactions: 2
How many websites have they had for merch? Iam sure there have been at least 4.

Reactions: 10
I’m not surprised they’re struggling to get things posted.
It must be difficult since Postman Pat is no longer on the payroll.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

. SM-G960U .
Agreed my parents had the family computer in our living area when we were young their argument is that you shouldn’t be looking at anything that’s bad enough not to be seen ,
When we were older we had phones it’s true but they were monitored occasionally like a spot check 😂😂😂

Postman Jane
Postman Jane
Oh no she’s been at it again
Early in the morning when the kids are yawning
She messages their phones to come and do their work

Sorry I have been behind so much lately with a poorly 1 year old! Why can't they sell the pop sockets any more? Thanks :)
Were they from a cheapo supplier as well they probably had complaints about all the broken iPhones when they fell off , que bobbly blankets unravelling at the seams lmao 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8

. SM-G960U .
It’s also very important to teach kids about online safety. What a groomer is and the type of things they will say. The dangers of giving out personal information to strangers. My kids have learnt this from an early age and we monitor their stuff till around 16. Not overbearing them but if we think there is an issue we check things out. We explain why. My 11 year old has autism so is even more vulnerable to this kind of thing so we keep an extra eye on him. He only plays on Xbox love with friends we know. And we monitor what he watching on YouTube. He knows the risks as we have talked to him about it. Teaching kids about online and in person predators and what people shouldn’t be saying or doing to you as a child is very very important.

Reactions: 7
Why did she spend Saturday and Sunday walking around the shops if she had a back log of orders?
Why not post the orders people have paid for instead of spending the money ??
Surely you would want to make a good impression considering your business just began.
The mind boggles

Reactions: 38
Bit late to be launching a bit of Halloween tat, isn't it? Halloween is on a school night anyway this year - I don't think it's going to be major. All my local stores have tiny displays. It's all Christmas. I don't think the stores are really expecting any huge rush for Halloween plastic bits and bats.

But their greed knows no bounds. Greedy, grabby little arses. Not content with trying to peddle over-priced blankets, they have to stick their name on a one-day holiday. Just get ordinary jobs, Minghams. You won't get many mortgage repayments out of Halloween merch 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Bit late to be launching a bit of Halloween tat, isn't it? Halloween is on a school night anyway this year - I don't think it's going to be major. All my local stores have tiny displays. It's all Christmas. I don't think the stores are really expecting any huge rush for Halloween plastic bits and bats.

But their greed knows no bounds. Greedy, grabby little arses. Not content with trying to peddle over-priced blankets, they have to stick their name on a one-day holiday. Just get ordinary jobs, Minghams. You won't get many mortgage repayments out of Halloween merch 😂
Halloween is during half term this year (for a fair few anyway). But yes, very late. Typical them, though - no thought, no planning.

Reactions: 4
Halloween is during half term this year (for a fair few anyway). But yes, very late. Typical them, though - no thought, no planning.
That explains my stores not bothering to push the Halloween displays this year - ALL our schools are off and go back before Halloween 😆 No Mingham merch in our borough then - THERE IS A GOD! 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I saw that, not sure how she implicated herself. Can’t see she’s done anything wrong 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: 19
Oh god, I've had a long day and momentarily thought those bastards were just using Nikki for her postal services.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.