The Ingham Family #37 Lazy is traumatised, but it's all ok after a Five Guys

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
our schools here do the nfer tests and then in year 6 its the Sats still.... my youngest daughter who is in year 4 atm did one of the last years sats papers last year as just something to pass the time ... her teacher told me she won't have any issues come year 6 as shes got a level 5. When my older girls did sats ... (12/13 years ago a level 3 was a pass.... 5 was a good pass and 6 was exceptional .. funny how they change year after year.. how they can compare one year to the next is beyond me)

Mr slimmy needs to go get his skin looked at.. that isn't normal at his age surely

Reactions: 2
Just my thoughts on tonight's vlog. It was lovely to see a vlog mainly about Esme. She seemed genuinely happy to have some one on one time with Sarah.

Why did Sarah not just take that thick t-shirt of Jace instead of airing his balls in the car for all to see! 🙄 Them dungerees would have looked fine on they're own.

Ofcourse the poor boy is grumpy, wouldn't you be squished in a car seat all day? I did love though that he was so happy looking at the toys on his mobile and as soon as Sarah put her face over his he frowned 😂.

Also nice to see Chris is now a vet too and diagnosed Prinny before the vet did. He also said she had antibiotic injection at the vets, now when our cats get that it's a 2 week thing so why did he need to bring home more antibiotics? And okay maybe that was one dose she had but if so she shouldnt have been having another one that evening so close to the injection one (which at the least should last 24 hours!)
But let's just say they take better care of the dog than the girls. Surprised they didn't say Prinny was milking it. When the girls are sick they go to school or wander around in the cold and rain so they can vlog...

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I can't believe Sarah didn't even go and see Harrison yesterday in the vlog for his birthday. Has she even mentioned getting him a present/card?

Chris' skin just makes me itch. I wonder if he isn't washing so they can save money on the water bills.

• Sick
  • Haha
How do adults remember what their year 6 SATS results were? I literally have no clue, don’t even remember if I did well or not 😂😂 Same for year 9 results 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 13
I never took sats, they were introduced 1994. I left primary in 1993 so missed out. We did do end of year tests but they were informal & we didn’t even know we were going to take them until the morning of.
It remember getting level 7 in year 9 sats.
My son took his sats last year. And they are definitely something you have to revise and prepare for. For example for the math paper, you have to know the formulas & your times tables. Now I know some children will already know these things but a lot don’t. In my opinion not all schools prepare well enough for sats. It’s not enough to start prep in year 6. It needs to be done throughout the upper years of primary.
As for the holy communion party. I went to a Catholic school, everyone took part in year 3. There was a massive celebration party afterwards for all the pupils. Some parents had additional parties the next day. Bare in mind this was a large catholic community. I suspect Lazy attended the party at the church hall afterward the church service.

Reactions: 3
think i left primary in 1988 (yep im that old haha) i do remember doing tests but they wasn't called sats ... they were to see what lessons we went into at secondary.. I do remember a number of my year doing the 11+ (it was an opt in thing and i couldn't be bothered as i wouldn't have been allowed to travel to the local grammar school anyway) Don't remember being told how well i did in those tests ......i remember thinking they were bloomin easy though.

I think nowadays the Sats are overrated... far too much pressure into them. They reassessed the kids come secondary too so not a big deal if they have a few off days. The only perk of doing them here are the getting to go to school 20 mins earlier for a bacon sarnie lol

I’ve been thinking about the (alcoholic) drink thing...when they claim to not drink I think it’s because they (or Sarah anyway) views drinking as being something alcoholics do (like her dad?)...so because she isn’t an alcoholic she doesn’t think she drinks...I actually know a couple of people who think this way, both with an alcoholic parent.

Bit like people who think they’re vegetarians but actually eat fish. Or chicken 😀

think i left primary in 1988 (yep im that old haha) i do remember doing tests but they wasn't called sats ... they were to see what lessons we went into at secondary.. I do remember a number of my year doing the 11+ (it was an opt in thing and i couldn't be bothered as i wouldn't have been allowed to travel to the local grammar school anyway) Don't remember being told how well i did in those tests ......i remember thinking they were bloomin easy though.

I think nowadays the Sats are overrated... far too much pressure into them. They reassessed the kids come secondary too so not a big deal if they have a few off days. The only perk of doing them here are the getting to go to school 20 mins earlier for a bacon sarnie lol
I left in 1990 so didn’t do 11+ or SATS - can’t really remember any tests. I do worry for my daughter who is in year 4 for what she has coming, it seems such a massive deal.

Reactions: 4
I can't believe Sarah didn't even go and see Harrison yesterday in the vlog for his birthday. Has she even mentioned getting him a present/card?
I think people thought maybe they had a fall out or Katrina was trying to 'distance herself' but then wasn't Katrina at the baby shower?

Reactions: 1
I left in 1990 so didn’t do 11+ or SATS - can’t really remember any tests. I do worry for my daughter who is in year 4 for what she has coming, it seems such a massive deal.
It really isn't a big deal ... my dd2 took hers a number of years ago .. the teachers grade marked her as level 3 .. luckily hers was chosen to be assessed by outside examiners and they remarked hers as level 5 ... she went on to get A's at gcses and the same at A levels.. she is now a manager of a jewellers.. They are just a few little tests so the school can show up coming parents how well their teachers can teach. I always treated test days like any others.. Seeing my daughters off with a " have fun and keep smiling" The children don't actually get told or see their test results.. they usually get sent home in a letter to the parents so there is no need to even tell your children them if you don't want too.

It really isn't a big deal ... my dd2 took hers a number of years ago .. the teachers grade marked her as level 3 .. luckily hers was chosen to be assessed by outside examiners and they remarked hers as level 5 ... she went on to get A's at gcses and the same at A levels.. she is now a manager of a jewellers.. They are just a few little tests so the school can show up coming parents how well their teachers can teach. I always treated test days like any others.. Seeing my daughters off with a " have fun and keep smiling" The children don't actually get told or see their test results.. they usually get sent home in a letter to the parents so there is no need to even tell your children them if you don't want too.
Thanks that’s reassuring - my daughter was talking about doing old test papers for them as practice yesterday and I just thought Christ surely they don’t need to be worrying about it yet!

I think people thought maybe they had a fall out or Katrina was trying to 'distance herself' but then wasn't Katrina at the baby shower?
Maybe that was for show? Money could have changed hands, who Knows! I don't understand why Katrina, being her sister, and her kids, are never in Sarah's house! Something doesn't add up

Sats are really important as they help to set the predicted grades for GCSE's. and other targets for secondary school I got one of the highest in my class. I think only one person got a higher grade than me.

Reactions: 1
Sats are really important as they help to set the predicted grades for GCSE's. and other targets for secondary school I got one of the highest in my class. I think only one person got a higher grade than me.
Really? I didnt think they meant anything other then how school were preforming. Unless you mean the year 9 sats, i always thought it was your mocks that helped predict gcses.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Sats in Year 6 help determine what level your child is working at when they transfer to Secondary School.

Reactions: 7
Really? I didnt think they meant anything other then how school were preforming. Unless you mean the year 9 sats, i always thought it was your mocks that helped predicted gcses.
Maybe it has changed since I was at school but that is what we were all told.

Any decent high school should do separate tests when entering year 7 and monitor their progress constantly. Unfortunately now sats are used to predict GCSE results and that progress 8 score thingy.

I really hate sats and the pressure that is put upon 10 and 11 years olds. I am so glad I only have one more child at high school with only 4 years to go till she leaves.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
SATS don't set predicted grades etc. SATS is all to do with school performance. A waste of time and a whole load of stress on kids for nothing.

Let's investigate Lazy's results:

She claims she got Level 3's. Upon investigation, and remembering my own SATS scores (there were levels 3,4 and 5 - 3 being a fail, 4 expected, 5 above average). I got 2 level 5s and a level 4.

So, she did not do well in her SATS.

Here's some figures to back the findings up.

Sarah's full of bullshit 🎵

SATS don't set predicted grades etc. SATS is all to do with school performance. A waste of time and a whole load of stress on kids for nothing.

Let's investigate Lazy's results:

She claims she got Level 3's. Upon investigation, and remembering my own SATS scores (there were levels 3,4 and 5 - 3 being a fail, 4 expected, 5 above average). I got 2 level 5s and a level 4.

So, she did not do well in her SATS.

Here's some figures to back the findings up.

Sarah's full of bullshit 🎵
Edit to add: Lazy took hers in 1996

Attachments

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.