The Ingham Family #326 Will this Arctic trip finally Finnish off the Inghams?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love it that it was Isla, and not her 'Professional Videographer' father, who captured the best and most striking image of the Aurora.

At least photography is one hobby that she can practise wherever she is, without relying on her useless parents to help her.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
A few years ago we knew my grandpa was nearing the end and we all went to visit him in hospital. We don't live local so had travelled two hours because we knew he didn't have long left. My gran had been staying with him but had gone home for tea so we picked her up on our way to the hospital. Walked in to the room to find he had already passed away. Nurses swore they didn't know as they wouldn't have let the whole family walk in without telling us first. They said they had checked on him five minutes before so it must literally have just happened. This was only nine years ago but I know the memory will never leave me either. The last thing I would want is a picture of that moment, but people express grief in different ways and maybe they wanted that last photograph. We will never know.
I guess it`s kind of like how some people can visit their relatives once they`ve passed ,before the funeral).I absolutely adored my granddad (my first big loss) ,my husband (way too young) and then my own dad. I don`t judge those who do who need to say their goodbye in that way but i knew i`d never forget it.I used to work with children with various severe disabilities ,and everyone who cared for him was invited to see him at the funeral home/I remember many years later how badly it haunted ,me. |Different strokes for different folks.xo Much love to all my fellow tattlers who`ve been through such sudden losses. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 20
How come they only visit Coop extra on this trip, why not check out Spar and see if they have those potatoes they love so much. Or meny, Rema 1000. Looks like we only have Coop extra in Norway.
I knew Creepy would say that the shops in Norway/Scandinavia are superior to those in the UK. I mean, I don't know whether they are or not, but rather predictably he can't ever pass up an opportunity to have a dig at the UK.

He really can't hide the disdain he clearly feels for his home nation and its people and rules and customs and everything really. I honestly don't know why he hasn't already fucked off to live somewhere else. Maybe he'll address his resentment when this epic change comes around, if he does indeed move abroad as many suspect.

• Angry
Reactions: 24
They never struck me as being particularly well off and I don’t think they expected for him to die suddenly and relatively young. A decent funeral in the uk is about 10k. The worst you could condemn them for is not having any life insurance but hey, they are where they are now.
personally I’ll be going for the simple cremation and anything extra can go towards the wake where people can have a laugh about what a nob I was
[/QU
I guess it`s kind of like how some people can visit their relatives once they`ve passed ,before the funeral).I absolutely adored my granddad (my first big loss) ,my husband (way too young) and then my own dad. I don`t judge those who do who need to say their goodbye in that way but i knew i`d never forget it.I used to work with children with various severe disabilities ,and everyone who cared for him was invited to see him at the funeral home/I remember many years later how badly it haunted ,me. |Different strokes for different folks.xo Much love to all my fellow tattlers who`ve been through such sudden losses. ❤
I was with my husband when he died.
The undertaker was most put out when I said I didn’t want to see R when they took him to the funeral parlour.
As far as I was concerned when he took his last breath there was just a shell that was left
each to their own beliefs
---
Well apparently we celebrate Easter by eating chocolate, love how they tar the entire population of the United Kingdom by their standards. Then backtracking and saying we know it's not just about the chocolate. They really need to pipe down and start looking into these holidays a bit more.
I remember a television Presenter once wishing everyone a Happy Good Friday

• Heart
Reactions: 26
My brother died suddenly in November aged 60 and I visited him in the funeral home three times , I went with my sister once then with the other sister then with my 19 year old niece ( his only child ). Her mother told her not to go but she was so glad she did. She stayed 40 mins played his favourite songs talked to him and kissed him. She had chosen his favourite clothes which my sister prepared and he had his cigarettes in one pocket , his knife in another , a hanky and a crunchy. He ran a toilet hire business so one of his employees ( who went with 2 others ) wrote him a letter and put it in with a toilet roll.
He looked terrible when he was ill and at the end but looked really good in his coffin. But we would never have taken a picture.

• Heart
My partner of 20 years dropped dead in front of me at home
I tried CPR whilst on the phone to 999.
Then he was left on the sofa for hours whilst waiting for all the formal procedures that have to be followed
I relive it every day.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
I can't tell if this comment was made tongue in cheek.

Screenshot_20240308-194600_Chrome.jpg

Also, why was Sarah going on about how great Norwegian schools are, with their much shorter days?......as if Rosabelle Academy doesn't have the shortest days of any 'school' going. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I was with my husband when he died.
The undertaker was most put out when I said I didn’t want to see R when they took him to the funeral parlour.
As far as I was concerned when he took his last breath there was just a shell that was left
each to their own beliefs
---

I’ve been asked if I wanted to go and view relatives and once my best friends toddler at the undertakers and have declined every time. I hold the same opinion as you. Everything that made them “them” has gone. Also having Irish heritage and Irish friends I’m used to the concept of loved ones coming home one last time but I’ve never gone.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I can't tell if this comment was made tongue in cheek.

View attachment 2803508

Also, why was Sarah going on about how great Norwegian schools are, with their much shorter days?......as if Rosabelle Academy doesn't have the shortest days of any 'school' going. 🙄

No hours for education ever with the Inghams! World Book Day, Jace and Mila will never learn to read and write. The older children will never be able to discuss historical, geographical, scientific and political subjects with their peers and elders. How will they cope at interviews if and when ….
It made me chuckle when ‘School Mum of the Year’ had no idea when she admitted that she couldn’t pinpoint Mt Everest and the Seychelles on the world map.
And don’t forget the ‘Island of Portugal’!

Reactions: 17
Instagram, the social butterfly and her foghorn mother are making a big deal out of getting a 'cheeky' McDonalds, giggling away as if they are on a drunken night out and Isabelle in a onesie.
Sad that neither of them have any friends so only have each other and can never have a night out, especially permanently pregnant/breastfeeding Lazy.

They always make a big point of constantly referring to Creepy as 'dad' when neither of them are his daughters and none of his children are there. I've always thought it's to rub Isabelle's dad's nose in it and to try to convince the ifam that Isabelle is Creepy's daughter and officially an Ingham.
They must be starving to go on like that. Having to get food on the sly. Shouldn't have had the clickbait babies if they can't afford to feed them.

Reactions: 13
I think when Sarah was talking about not knowing where the Seychelles were on a map, she was really talking about the Maldives, but even she knew how stupid she'd sound if she admitted to that.
When she was looking at the map, she pointed out the Maldives and sounded surprised for a split second and like she was about to say something else and then caught herself. I thought at the time she had stopped herself from saying she didn't know that's where they were in the world, so it's a massive coincidence that a day or later she's taking about not knowing where the Seychelles were.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Apologies for posting on here, but I think if my partner had just passed away, this would be the last thing I was doing
Maybe she feels she has no choice but to be strong. Sometimes deep pain can make you numb. She’s a mum after all and we can’t fall apart no matter how bad it gets.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Apologies for posting on here, but I think if my partner had just passed away, this would be the last thing I was doing
It certainly wouldn’t be me. However, god only knows what she is going through. It probably hasn’t totally hit her yet. She has the birth to get through before the grief properly hits her. For all influencers can be unsavoury no one should be going through what she is having to. 😢

• Sad
About ten years ago I went to a three hour service on good Friday, most of it was sitting in silence.
As I left the head of the church where I live commented, and I quote, ‘well that was depressing’ 🙄 so what chance do others have?! His good Friday service incidentally was all guitars, drums and loud singing. Oh and complaints. LOT of complaints. Many do not understand Easter anymore. I send cards to people and even a Christian friend asked me why I bother as it’s not really a major church event...

So what hope does Mr and Mrs “we invented Boxing Day” have?!

Reactions: 7
3 COUNTRIES IN 1 DAY & INSANE NORTHERN LIGHTS! 😍 😱

Aurora Borealis timelapse. Cackling and singing Time to say Goodbye. Creepstopher tells Lazy it’s actually called Time to say Goodnight. Jace has been playing with his friends *exaggerated French accent* Frederick and Milan. His favourite thing was hide and seek and sledging. He showed them how to build tobots. He tells Creepstopher he’s embarrassing. Creepstopher threatens to knock him out.

The Inghams haven’t vlogged for a few days. Isabelle has been thinking about how they have friends in different countries who they see when they travel, such as the guy in the garage. She reminisces about going to the garage in Minganilla. Easter is a big deal in Norway with dog sledding and ice fishing. The Inghams just sit and eat chocolate eggs. Isabelle is back in her emo stage.

Lazy finds the school system in Norway interesting. On Mondays and Fridays they start school at 8:20am and finish at 11:30am. Creepstopher makes a terrible joke “if they Finnish at half 11, what about Norway and Sweden?” On Wednesday it's 8:30am - 1pm. Tuesday and Thursday is 8:30am - 2pm. They’re big on being outside in the winter.

Last night Creepstopher went in the sauna. Seeing the Aurora last time was monumental for them. This time it was forecast thick cloud. They were supposed to check out yesterday but wanted to stay one more night. Creepstopher got an Aurora alert on his phone and someone tagged Lazy on Facebook. Two minutes later the lady from the site knocked on the door and told them to go outside. Footage from last night. Photos.

Lazy says it was fate. Isabelle told everyone to put their phones and cameras away and just watch the lights. They got to show Aurora. They’re starting to make their way home. Jace is putting the towels in the bathroom so the cabin is ready for the next people who stay there.

Drone. Driving. Stop to feed Aurora. The scenery on the drive has been incredible. One minute the roads are clear and suddenly it’s thick snow and ice. Creepstopher sends the drone up and Lazy can’t breathe because it’s windy. She filmed mini vlog Monday yesterday. She didn’t know where the Himalayas or Nepal was and neither did Creepstopher. Lazy didn’t realise the Seychelles are near the Maldives. She took GCSE geography.

The Inghams have stopped at a supermarket. In an hour they’re driving into Finland and then they’re driving into Sweden. Bad boy juicy trolley seat for Aurora. No shops compare to UK shops according to Lazy. Creepstopher thinks it’s the same as co-op. She can’t wait to get home and open everything she’s ordered online. They’re in Xtra. She’s picked up animal beads for learning games. Working out prices. £3 for a 1.75l carton of milk. You can’t buy a loaf of bread for less than £3. Cheese is very expensive and the cheapest is £7.50. A kilo of chicken is £12. Meatballs are £7. Creepstopher waves a fish in Lazy’s face. She almost passed out as she’s found bad boy mouldy bread.

Lazy is back in the van. She gave the worker the green bread and she was shocked. Mila asks Lazy what she’s got. They’ve got sweets for the kids and she can have them when she’s strapped in like a good girl.

Driving. Creepstopher shows us where they’re squatting tonight by the side of the road. The trail to get down to the spot said to use caution. The clearing is as big as an Asda local car park. There’s strong Aurora but there’s too much cloud. There’s moose tracks all around. They’re making a stomp to the nest destination to tick something off Lazy's bucket list.

End of vlog
1709936228554.png
1709936391340.png
1709936607784.png

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.