The Ingham Family #29 No feelings of joy for the new baby boy, But time can't turn back - quick, get the kid a hat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'Jace' does remind me of The Mortal Instruments/Shadowhunters books but his was still a nickname because his initials were J.C.
Not that I'd be impressed with them just lifting Jonathan Christopher either but at least it gives the kid some options when he's older rather than still being 'Jace' at 40 🤷

Reactions: 9
Say "Chase", now saw "Jace", now imagine for the rest of his life how baby Jace is going to have to spell his name or speak VERY clearly. I agree that Jace sounds like the nickname for your mate, Jason in the 90's.
He doesn't look like a Jace or a Jason. It's not too late to change the name, Inghams. Maybe Jace can be a middle name! Isabelle, Esme and Isla are all pretty names and not too unusual.
Have another look in the baby book and when you find a name you like, try to convert it to a name which is more common in occurance and not common socially.

Reactions: 11
Was I the only one who cringed when she said "montage"? She emphasized the "g", and it's a really soft "g". She said the "g" at the end like "George"
I know it's nitpicking, but wow. Litrally.

Reactions: 3
I thought this too very odd!

Chris obviously fell off his new toy from that lovely cut 🤢 he showed on his Insta stories. I'm a little miffed he didn't break anything as that would have served him right.

Was anyone else super uncomfortable watching Prinny with the new baby?!
I wasn't just super uncomfortable watching the dog with the baby, I was scared. Prinny was so close to the baby, and they let her climb on him and lick his face, so disgusting, and then Prinny was just face to face with the baby, mouth open. You do not let the dog treat the baby like it is a toy. I was afraid she would snap at his face. She might at some time, since they seemed to think all that was just too "cute." The baby is the cutest ever, and I love how Esme was with him, and how content he was with her. I called the "no breast feeding" way back also, since Chris is going to be doing the feedings. I don't like the name at all. I think Isla will be fine. She also was in the vlog, they all went to the hospital to get them, and then it showed her sitting on the couch with Isabelle waiting to hold him. I haven't seen Isabelle hold him yet? As am American, what is with the whole bias against red hair? It sounds ridiculous. I saw an interview with Rebecca Mader, who was the Wicked Witch on Once Upon a Time, she has gorgeous red hair, and she said she was bullied in school for it. I love red hair, and Esme's is beautiful, just like she is.

Reactions: 6
You Me and the 6Cs dog is called Chase. It sounds like that.
Jace was my first dog’s name 😂

Welcome to the world Jace. I think of Jason when I hear it - 80's child.

What’s the link to the 80s with the name Jace? I only ask because my first family dog was called Jace and it was around the 80s -was it a bad taste name on my parents part?! Ha

I could be completely wrong, but it looks to me as if Sarah is forcing a smile and making herself vlog.

there is something about her face that just doesn't seem very happy at the moment.

Reactions: 8
I hope they don't try and get Prinny put to sleep when she inevitably (in my opinion) bites Jace. They haven't prepared their children or their poor dog for his arrival. She didn't know what to do when she saw him. Pushing her away from him isn't going to help either.

Reactions: 3
I wasn't just super uncomfortable watching the dog with the baby, I was scared. Prinny was so close to the baby, and they let her climb on him and lick his face, so disgusting, and then Prinny was just face to face with the baby, mouth open. You do not let the dog treat the baby like it is a toy. I was afraid she would snap at his face. She might at some time, since they seemed to think all that was just too "cute." The baby is the cutest ever, and I love how Esme was with him, and how content he was with her. I called the "no breast feeding" way back also, since Chris is going to be doing the feedings. I don't like the name at all. I think Isla will be fine. She also was in the vlog, they all went to the hospital to get them, and then it showed her sitting on the couch with Isabelle waiting to hold him. I haven't seen Isabelle hold him yet? As am American, what is with the whole bias against red hair? It sounds ridiculous. I saw an interview with Rebecca Mader, who was the Wicked Witch on Once Upon a Time, she has gorgeous red hair, and she said she was bullied in school for it. I love red hair, and Esme's is beautiful, just like she is.
im American too. My sister is a redhead and never got bullied. Never heard of such a thing either. Actually red heads here are beautiful. Yes we call them redheads not ginger. Ginger is a seasoning.

Did anyone notice The name Jace is very similar to the name Jess hmm. So his name means healing from what he did to Jess? Poor baby...

Reactions: 9
Sorry if it’s been mentioned, but did anyone else think the voice over was sooo cringe? It sounded very staged, Sarah is even worse an actor than the girls 😂 they must’ve planned it for months and it was so awkward to listen to.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I could be completely wrong, but it looks to me as if Sarah is forcing a smile and making herself vlog.

there is something about her face that just doesn't seem very happy at the moment.
She’s probably knackered and it’s come as a shock to her system.

I still rather liked Edward!! I thought Isabelle, Esme, Isla and Edward was lovely! Hate the name Jace and it doesn’t suit his little soft face
I wish they’d chosen something a bit traditional. George, Henry, that kind of name. They are timeless. Jace sounds sooo chavvy. Poor baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Jace does not go with the other names at all. There will not be many a child in an independent school with that name.

Reactions: 11
Was I the only one who cringed when she said "montage"? She emphasized the "g", and it's a really soft "g". She said the "g" at the end like "George"
I know it's nitpicking, but wow. Litrally.
Nope, not just you!

I'm not perfect myself but I find the way the Ingham parents speak really offputting and every little anomaly grates.....the way they mispronounce even simple words....the strange tempo and odd breaks between words and in the middle of words.....the way they place emphasis on syllables that don't need it......the bizarre ghetto slang (mainly Chris).....the baby talk (to non-babies).....the constant Americanisms (no offence to Americans but, let's face it, the Inghams are not American (just wannabes) so it just sounds completely naff to me).....the overuse of adjectives and superlatives to hype up and exaggerate every trivial detail....sigh....

The Inghams put themselves out there as some kind of example, whether they care to admit that or not. Unfortunately their followers see them as inspirational (surely there's a Specsavers colab sponsorship deal there, just waiting to happen!) and the ifam want to emulate them in every way.

Obviously they're not the only social media 'stars' (ahem!) with a less than perfect grasp of the English language but these two in particular do really grip my sh*t and every mispronunciation really jars. Of course if their crimes against the English language were their only misdemeanours against society then I probably wouldn't notice half as much as I do!

And to be clear, this has nothing to do with their regional accent or dialect which I imagine is actually something quite quirky to many viewers would set them apart, if they stayed true to their roots and stopped trying to be something that they're not...i.e. posh and an iddy biddy bit Americanified!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
View attachment 9740
No wonder the neighbours weren’t out to greet them, he has got his sad little skating rail out on their road again. Imagine the noise 😬
Sorry but if I had bought a house on there I would be fuming to find that prick outside acting like a teenager. In fact he wouldn’t be there long because I would be out there telling him where to go!

Reactions: 30
I know we have in the past done a guessing game with the Ingham's youtube revenue and social blade estimations. This guy breaks down his channels income extremely well with a lot of detail. I'm sure you could extrapolate information for the Ingham's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.