The Ingham Family #270 Sarah Ingham - making a house a home bargains

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So, I've been doing a wee bit of googling to reconfirm to myself how absolutely batshitbonkers this trip is, especially with young kids. Apparently (according to someone who lives where the northern lights are visible and has written many articles about visiting) you need good base layers, thermal trousers underneath regular trousers but if possible snow trousers (with base underneath) are better that jeans ect.
Wool layers for the top of you body, in multiples, not just Tesco £4 value fleece zip tops, or twit and me snuddies. Cashmere sweaters are supposedly best and there's not a rats ass chance in hell Sarah owns a single cashmere item never mind the l D's.
Wool socks, a decent hat and gloves (again, not B&M specials.
Good boots, not Uggs, they recommended Sorell boots, I actually have the ones the author has, Joan of Arctic, and that's only for nipping to the shops here in Scotland when it's cold or snowing.

There's also some comments on Reddit about people asking how to do what they're doing. The comments are concerning regarding the van tyres.

I also searched the route they'll have taken to get to Norway/Finland, dependant on where they go but I'm assuming Norway. It's literally going to take DAYS. They've really not thought ght this out properly, but will do their best to show all the haters they're living their #BestVanLife. Cretins. That poor baby. I could cry for her.
Sarah’s ex best friend went and someone said to her they recommend kids under 4 should not go because it’s that cold

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Prince Harry has revealed he put Elizabeth Arden cream on his “todger” when he got frostnip after being in the North Pole.
STG, I've learned so much more about that guy than I ever wanted to know, and I haven't even read his damn book.

So much more than anyone needs to know, really.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
And their many highly successful businesses wasn't even Sarah's first thought when she replied to the 'what would you do without YouTube?' comment. Her first reply says that they have seven years of uploads that are 'constantly' being rewatched so could stop uploading and still earn from old vlogs.

They're sitting on just over 2 million views total in the past 30 days and about 30-40k of those are coming from a brand new vlog six days a week. Let's be generous and round it down to 30k multiplied by 25 vlogs in 30 days. That's 750k views that they wouldn't have got if they hadn't uploaded new content in January. That'd leave them with a channel getting 1.2 million views in a month. Before any IFAM naturally lose interest, which they obviously would without new content.

I know maths doesn't feature highly on the Ingham Manor curriculum but I'd ask Creepy for a look at that bank account if I was Sarah.

Reactions: 19
K so I've seen this about "full fat coke" a couple times and I'm confused. Isn't coke fat free? Do you guys have a different formulation? Or is it just meant to be full sugar coke (which will make you fat if consumed in excess)?

I'm not trying to be a d!ck with this question, btw, I'm genuinely confused lol
---

This is where I'm losing it with them. I took care of my godkiddos this morning because their parents had to work early, got them ready for school and whatnot. It's about 12°F/-11°C so pretty cold. To go to school, where they'd be inside most of the day, they put on thermal underwear, leggings, jeans, a long sleeve shirt, a tshirt, a fleece zip up hoodie, and double socks. Plus snow pants, snow boots, parkas, gloves/mittens, scarves, and hats. And they're spending the day in a decently heated school! But it is too damn cold and they are freaking little!
The original red is what we often call full fat (full of sugar) but yes there’s no fat.

Reactions: 10
His pronunciation of Bruges has sent me...
Brewjees 😭😂

AND YOU'RE "TEACHING" THESE KIDS!
Edit to say:
They've planned so well, they forgot water...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
The original red is what we often call full fat (full of sugar) but yes there’s no fat.
Thank you for clarifying! I swear I'm not usually stupid but sometimes things stump me outta nowhere lol

Reactions: 11
The Ingham Family posted:
6 COUNTRIES IN 48 HOURS.. DRIVING TO THE ARCTIC CIRCLE! WINTER VAN LIFE
maxresdefault.jpg

YouTube

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Is the DPD van not allowed on the ferry to the Netherlands for some reason? Can't understand why they've driven south when they don't want to stop in France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany or any part of Denmark apart from Copenhagen. Surely you'd make the trip as short as possible?!

Isabelle's face in the thumbnail says it all.

Reactions: 26
If they were to do the arctic/nordic countries properly it could truly be an amazing experience. If they were to have done it at the heigh of their fame, with just the three girls they’d be bundled up nice and warm in proper cold weather gear. They would go on tours (glacier trucks, snowmobiles, getting to see real life volcanos and black beaches , have spa experiences in natural springs) drive to each place but stay in hotels/apartments to be able to explore the area properly but still be clean and fresh. The girls would get so much more out of it , and Isla being interested in climate change as she used to be, would absolutely be in her element seeing the natural wonders that can be found And seeing the climate change impacts in real life is absolutely life changing. Who knows, if they’d nurtured Isla’s love of science and nature maybe she could have done big things. But no, they’ll be freezing in a tin can , not actually being able to experience everything because they won’t get up until late and due to doing no research none of the natural aspects will be appreciated by this feral family, even the teen girls won’t be bothered to do any research

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Firstly what other businesses? What lies has creepy told her and she believes? They have nothing
Also in one sense the plan to get views is working seen on another page people were waiting for the upload at 5 as they have been quiet so am already worried something has happened

Reactions: 17
All these incomes but Creepy told the planning department that they don't have the funds to put up a privacy screen.
Yeah, Sarah, I'd ask your husband about these incomes.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
I do hope so, mainly because I’ve read the book and it doesn’t work. He had to let it get better naturally. It was extremely painful as well 🤣
No way 😂 I haven't read it yet but seen so many tiktoks of that moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Going back to Jace and the home learning. Does anyone watch a little girl called Riley? Her Mum is planning on homeschooling her when she starts in September. She's already attending home schooling gatherings and classes outside the home, plus she has started teaching her basic things already. The knowledge this little girl has is amazing. Proves, kids can shine when it's done right.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Going back to Jace and the home learning. Does anyone watch a little girl called Riley? Her Mum is planning on homeschooling her when she starts in September. She's already attending home schooling gatherings and classes outside the home, plus she has started teaching her basic things already. The knowledge this little girl has is amazing. Proves, kids can shine when it's done right.
I love little Riley, and her Mum is always really nice if anyone asks questions about their decision to home educate. No rants in a bush from her.

Reactions: 12
Is the DPD van not allowed on the ferry to the Netherlands for some reason? Can't understand why they've driven south when they don't want to stop in France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany or any part of Denmark apart from Copenhagen. Surely you'd make the trip as short as possible?!

Isabelle's face in the thumbnail says it all.

That's quite an expensive ferry, especially for all of them. Lazy and Creepy probably didn't want to pay up

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.