The Indie Projects

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So glad I found this thread! I used to be a big fan of Bea and Theo but since the beginning of the year, their videos just didn't seem quite… earnest anymore. Nothing was happening and the whole fire thing begging for money just left a very unsavoury taste. Unfollowed them and glad to see I'm not the only one finding them scummy. The recommendations here are awesome! I knew Our Portuguese Homestead but love to find something like Little Spanish Farmstead. Honest work, no laying it on for the views. And most importantly, they're not buying fancy new tools and cars every episode while complaining about being skint lol

I also recently found a small little channel called Oak and Olive. They also live off grid, but it's more of a video essay style, which doesn't seem so common in the Portuguese youtube community. Bit of a fresh breath amidst all the vlogs just cobbled together.
Thanks for the recommendation! I also found these guys yesterday (13) The Sunny Saudade Project - YouTube

Reactions: 2
I'm glad I came across this - for a while I thought I was alone in feeling a degree of 'manipulation' here.I have no issue at all (and more power) to those who do well for themselves but for some time now the 'donations' thing and the references to possibly needing 'volunteers' to help clear the land etc. hasn't sat easy with me.There is the constant feeling that being on the financial edge is portrayed , while the reality looks anything but; the secretive approach to properties likewise.Most recently when I watched the 'animal heavy' video , there was again a feeling that an attempt was being made to manipulate...it's almost like there was a brainstorming session where the 'animals' idea would have come up. I could be wrong but for some time now , (for me) there's been something 'off' about all this...
Completely agree… welcome to the thread!!!

Many thanks for your recommendation, she seems like a lovely lady. I have been binge watching her videos, I am enjoying her videos, especially the building of the cob wall.
However -
I think I have become jaded with the duplicity of channels like the Indie Projects. I inwardly cringed when she said that she was happy for people to "follow her journey" and she was "excited" for various projects she is working on. Some of the phrases used by The Indie Projects. She even has a cat!

I am trying to keep an open mind, believe me.
Can totally understand the wariness after we have all experienced manipulation by the Indie Projects !!

Something I’ve never understood is why Theo has to wave his arms about all the time when he talks in a video… self consciousness?? Insecurity?

great to see this thread is still alive and well… I haven’t bothered to pay attention to their vlogs but I gather from the recent tittles they’re moving back to the uk interesting !!!!! But not surprised …is this a permanent move

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Completely agree… welcome to the thread!!!

Can totally understand the wariness after we have all experienced manipulation by the Indie Projects !!

Something I’ve never understood is why Theo has to wave his arms about all the time when he talks in a video… self consciousness?? Insecurity?

great to see this thread is still alive and well… I haven’t bothered to pay attention to their vlogs but I gather from the recent tittles they’re moving back to the uk interesting !!!!! But not surprised …is this a permanent move
I've read some of the titles to the videos, but not watched them. Some shifty behaviour from Theo, travelling back to the UK without an explanation.

Reactions: 4
So considering his partner is a suicide risk Theo has to go back to the UK for urgent business? Maybe he does however I wouldn’t leave my partner behind in that situation and I certainly wouldn’t be making it into a vlogging road trip swapping out vehicles, wild camping buying trailors, galvanised gates and paint! I would have flown there with Bea hired a car and flown back asap. They have trailors paint and gates in Portugal!. Clearly the real reason he’s in the UK is to offload their sprinter that’s been stored for a year or so. This only smacks of more deceit and BS. Their whole channel is nothing more than a soap opera and opportunity to beg and shill. Definitely not how they started out their humble channel travelling around in a van. Theo is just a smug git with inferiority issues on top of his dyslexia and ADHD issues. Now he’s a property developer with a taste for greed. Nothing adds up with these two.

Reactions: 12
I'm pretty sure that in one video, Theo mentioned that their accountant was in the UK. This was when both Theo and Bee travelled back to the UK, in order for her to receive treatment for her MH. I have a feeling that he might be trying to sort out some more finance for something.
I will admit that it is pure speculation on my part, but what do they expect when they are so evasive about everything.

Reactions: 8
I think they have completely alienated themselves from their own target audience, the vlogs are just dull, nothing of note seems happen, even announcing you've bought a huge new property is somehow made boring. I stopped watching the videos when they made that awful outdoor "kitchen" and never finished the barn kitchen. The begging vlog was just.... Absolutely tone deaf. Just endless videos of Theo doing some nothing-ey job on the tractor over and over again. I long suspected they weren't living full time at the barn when they both seemed to spend a lot of time eating out. Neither looked healthy which is astonishing when you think they both claimed they live off the land and do physical work all day? For people who claim to love this lifestyle they both come across as miserable. Theo's defensiveness just comes across as an unchecked ego. All the shaking a sobbibg into a camera just reminds me of every other disingenuous crying you tuber!!! Totally bizarre.

Reactions: 13
Those two really shot themselves in the foot with that video didn't they? (Am late to this site.)
Am not subscribed to them anymore but had a sneaky look yesterday and see Bee is being eased back in.
Can never get over the fact that he stated after her second suicide attempt he drove her home with a bandage... Never in a million years would a hospital release someone under those circumstances (Am a nurse though not in Portugal.)
Con artists through and through in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Bee has shaved her head completely if anyone is interested.
I caved in and skimmed through the latest video, I fast forwarded most of it. Theo was talking about his new pool table at the new property, and the set of overhead lights he bought in the UK, for the pool table. They really are tone deaf aren't they?
Luckily I managed to skip through the product that Theo was advertising during the video. They have sold their souls completely.

I simply cannot understand the obsession people have with these two now.
Granted they were interesting before the 'miracle mountain' debacle but all this .. Oh Theo you are so clever and oh how lovely to hear your voice Bee really annoys me.
She is easing her way back in and has kicked off this pmdd thing or whatever it is on Instagram showcasing her shaved head.
I just do not get why people cannot see through them.
He has always annoyed me but I did like her when she was promoting body image awareness, but they are a team and in it together.
Bet he goes out and buys her a Uno for Christmas since she has apparently always wanted one.
Sorry folks I watched the video.
Anyway take care x

Reactions: 6
It's difficult to know what their angle is now? I don't fully understand the massive gear shift from "I love washing outside and don't need a toilet connected to my tiny house" to "I'm getting a huge detached house with 50 acres and a pool table". It's like whiplash for their viewers. I haven't seen anything outright horrible in the comments more people saying "errr what? Why are you asking people for money". But all this teenage bullshit of "this is for my haters" is totally bizarre. For me that was the end really!

It's difficult to know what their angle is now? I don't fully understand the massive gear shift from "I love washing outside and don't need a toilet connected to my tiny house" to "I'm getting a huge detached house with 50 acres and a pool table". It's like whiplash for their viewers. I haven't seen anything outright horrible in the comments more people saying "errr what? Why are you asking people for money". But all this teenage bullshit of "this is for my haters" is totally bizarre. For me that was the end really!
I think that after the video where they turned off comments (which moved over to Nicks channel after they slated him and Frankie off Grid, and Bee went into a massive decline,) they have obviously employed admin/monitors because never a bad word is spoken now is it?
They lost six thousand subscribers over that video but they get new ones every day and they probably aren't that effected.
Intelligent life is lacking in their tribe - who can have faith in someone who has three properties, countless vehicles and enough tools to stock B&Q yet still ask for money?

• Heart
Her having Borderline Personality Disorder expains so much

They seem so isolated now, and the term Miracle Mountain is cringeworthy!

• Haha
You said 50 acres... Please pay attention, the D#@khead clearly states it's 57 acres and repeats this with every new upload! It's 57 acres OK?
One last time, 57 acres...

• Haha
They seem so isolated now, and the term Miracle Mountain is cringeworthy!
They constantly claim to want to live off of the land and live in further insolation but it seems odd to me that the more they achieve the unhappier they seem? You can't cut yourself off claiming you don't like crowds/towns etc all the while sharing intimate details of your personal life with 350k people can you? I feel like it's a classic case that they need to keep making content to make money but don't really have true enthusiasm for it. So many you tubers get like this. I'm wondering how long it'll be before the little barn is sold off or marketed as an "off grid" air bnb?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
They constantly claim to want to live off of the land and live in further insolation but it seems odd to me that the more they achieve the unhappier they seem? You can't cut yourself off claiming you don't like crowds/towns etc all the while sharing intimate details of your personal life with 350k people can you? I feel like it's a classic case that they need to keep making content to make money but don't really have true enthusiasm for it. So many you tubers get like this. I'm wondering how long it'll be before the little barn is sold off or marketed as an "off grid" air bnb?
The only problem with this, is the content is so boring.

• Haha
Reactions: 5