The Indie Projects

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else watch these two, re their latest video, how do you feel?

I was quite shocked and unsubscribed, I never left a comment but found it just grabbing to come on and ask for money when this is their 3rd property, the main house is untouched, the project was damaged but still a project and the land will eventually recover. They were on holiday in Canada when it happened, I mean a little tone deaf to what is going on in the world at the moment. Im sad it happened but other people lost lives, their own homes etc, why would you donate to these two rather than people really in need? The comments say it all.

• Angry
Reactions: 13
I've unsubscribed too.

I found it somewhat disingenuous that they didn't mention the main house on the property was completely unaffected until 25:20 into a 28:23 video. They own 2 other habitable properties, plus a camper van and a caravan. They own numerous other vehicles and pretty much every power tool known to man. This would suggest that they are not a couple teetering on the brink of severe financial hardship, unlike many others these days.

Reactions: 8
these pair have wound me up for a while now... this is such an obvious grift.

let's have a look at the facts
  • this is their third property
  • they have at least 4 other places to sleep
  • the house on this land was absolutely unaffected and looks pristine (only noted 25 minutes into the video as Shrop mentioned)
  • they run businesses selling merchandise/books and receive youtube income
  • they own 100k's in assets
  • they do sponsored posts/videos (£1k+ at a time)
  • they were on HOLIDAY during the fire
  • they already have 349 'patrons' on their patreon (anywhere from $1-$50 a month)
even if you were to ignore all of that and try to make a case for them, a quick google search shows that hundreds have been injured due to these fires, and thousands have lost their (probably only) homes.

yet they script, record, edit and upload a 28-minute-long video (with drone shots), create a new page on their website asking for donations and volunteers, and make multiple instagram posts promoting the video. the house itself is fine, they've just lost some trees which'll grow back, and some fencing to keep their goats in.

i'll tell you what you pair of millionaires, i'll skip my heating bill this winter and donate to your paypal!

Reactions: 13
I couldn't have put it better myself.
Their video made me feel so annoyed, that I left quite a few comments on their channel. They are not the nice, down to earth couple I thought they were.
And another thing, we would not have found out about the third property, if it hadn't caught fire. Now we know the reasons why they kept delaying finishing the barn coversion, they were too busy adding to their property portfolio.
It is such a shame, because I used to enjoy watching their videos.

Last edited:
I can not believe how they are now begging for cash,the tears fool no one. Try selling one of your other homes to fund your projects and for goodness sake finish the bloody kitchen.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Another aspect of their videos, is Bee's mental health. I still believe she suffers from depression, I have read some of her Instagram posts.
However last year Theo posted a video about Bee's mental health, it was accompanied by sad music in the background, which was a little incredulous to hear. It just felt wrong. They suspended work on the barn, so that they could travel back to the Uk for Bee to receive help and support. What I find odd about that situation, was that Theo kept making videos, and putting them on YouTube. If I were in Bee's situation, I would want some privacy whilst they were in the UK. I understand that they needed the revenue from the videos, but even so.
When they returned to Portugal, things seemed to change. Not long after they had returned to Portugal, Bee appeared at the beginnning of a video, demonstaring a kitchen knife - it was an obvious product placement. I think this is the point in time, where I began to lose interest a bit.
It is stange how not long after Bee's mental health crisis, she was able to advertise the kitchen knife!

A very telling comment from Theo in one of their videos, was that he would be prepared to do whatever it takes to get the barn completed. If seems in order to achieve this, they sold their souls.

I think the video has been removed from YouTube. I'm not surprised after all the negative comments it received.

I think the video has been removed from YouTube. I'm not surprised after all the negative comments it received.

Last edited:
She put on her own instagram stories that she couldnt cope with all the comments, and asking what do people think happens to people who are thrown this much abuse, next post said she was signing off. Ive never seen so many negative comments on a YT video, think they need to take responsibility for their own actions.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I think they really need to reassess their online life, if she is that fragile then why put yourself in that situation? They should have pulled the video completely imho.

This honestly pisses me off. I'm portuguese, I've grown up watching fires every summer. We had an awful fire in 2017 with many deaths and it scarred us. People lost their lives and their homes. If you just search for Portugal fires 2017 and see the images, you'll know what I mean.

I watched their video and was about to comment right in the beggining about how stupid and reckless they were in urging bee's mum to go to their property, right as they received the cctv notification that the house was on fire. You don't do that. They've lived here long enough to know that. Theo says "as bee was on the phone with the emergency services, I contacted anyone and everyone I could to try and get a visual on how our place was looking, if someone could get close by, if someone could just send us a video (...)". There's a raging fire, that they know it's already at their property, and they want someone to go there and be in the middle of it. That's how you get killed. The audacity.

I don't know if anyone has noticed yet, but they closed the comment section on their video and people were commenting on the previous one. They just deleted every single comment made there that called them out.

They've been fooling people into believing they have been living off-grid and that the ruin was their forever home. Meanwhile, they just bought a 400k home and have probably been living there all this time. Btw, okportugal has deleted the video they did touring that property. It was still up on their channel 2 days ago, but I'm assuming, because it showed the asking price, bee and theo asked them to pull it down as it cracked their façade of off-griders and struggling couple.

Edit: Now bee is showing some comments that called them out on her IG stories. Lol. Grow up and own your mistakes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Long time follower of this channel and always been interested in their “off grid” ambitions and ethos. The purchase of this latest property seems a big step away from this 😔. After watching their video yesterday I did have the smallest bit of sympathy for them but then I watched the OK Portugal video of the property when it was for sale. The place has not been lived in for years. While the electrics and irrigation infrastructure was there it was not necessarily in working order anyway lying dormant for years. Definitely there were issues with the pipes leading to the lake. The project barn had already suffered from a fire inside and the wood floors , beams etc that Theo was so distraught to have lost did not look salvageable anyway. It wasn’t even safe to enter building. So disappointed that Bee is now pulling the mental health card on Instagram yesterday. Social media, for anyone never mind those with mental health issues, is not the place to be if you are sensitive to others criticising and expressing opposing views. They surely must have expected backlash to this sudden news of purchase of €400k property and then instantly appealing for cash donations. Good luck to them.

Reactions: 12
I dont believe anything these two say anymore..... the snake has bit its tail

She just posted this
Theo also posted a long message on YT. Anyone who just tried to off themselves would not be screaming it from the roof tops . Such an act is embedded in shame. It’s hidden.
Mental health is no joke and I hope she is well but it’s just funny timing to declare such a thing .

I don’t believe it . They are using mental health to deflect . If she was truly struggling then she would check herself into a facility , remove herself from social media long term and heal . They have all the money to get quality help for bee .
this kind of post is a slap in the face for anyone struggling .

Reactions: 11
Theo also posted a long message on YT. Anyone who just tried to off themselves would not be screaming it from the roof tops . Such an act is embedded in shame. It’s hidden.
Mental health is no joke and I hope she is well but it’s just funny timing to declare such a thing .

I don’t believe it . They are using mental health to deflect . If she was truly struggling then she would check herself into a facility , remove herself from social media long term and heal . They have all the money to get quality help for bee .
this kind of post is a slap in the face for anyone struggling .
Exactly. I dind't say anything as didn't want to come off as insensitive, but as someone who has struggled with ocd and depression, I wouldn't think of doing what they've been doing after bee's suicide attempt. She says it's caused by social media and yet, every since the video went live, all they've been doing is deleting comments and outing people on IG. If social media was causing her to spiral, why not leave it? Instead, they seemed obsessed with changing the narrative and coming off as innocent.
It honestly just seems a way to deflect from all the negative attention they got. Like a "poor me, look at what you've done with calling us out for being grifters."

Also, just found out I've been banned from commenting on their channel :unsure:😂

They are already deleting comments from the community post. Seriously... If it's so bad for you, just don't engage and do something else.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I did use to watch them, but like many have been fooled by them. They have the cheek to ask for donations for the trees irrigation and wiring. I can’t understand how they thought the video would go down well . It’s so insensitive having 3 houses, when some have had there only home burnt down

Reactions: 7
Tbh.i think they know how bad they have come across and are trying to limit the damage but they have failed so badly,why wait until the end to say the house was saved? Why not come back from their holiday earlier? Why put everyone on a guilt trip,plus theo said he couldn't sleep...maybe he should finish the kitchen lol

Reactions: 6