The House Build - Shady AF

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so annoyed with her. She should be ashamed of herself. Frigging enormous balsam hill tree, gifted. I would be emabarrased, she's loaded and accepting freebies like that.
Why not write to Balsam Hill? Hold the companies just as accountable.

I'm so annoyed with her. She should be ashamed of herself. Frigging enormous balsam hill tree, gifted. I would be emabarrased, she's loaded and accepting freebies like that.
4B2A6E7C-6227-4049-869B-54DA58FA6654.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I messaged them a few weeks back as sick and tired of seeing ‘influencers’ with their products, I said they could donate to a hospice, children’s home or hospital. They read it and no reply, bet if I had a few followers and was begging they would’ve replied. Sickens me
Probably as she was declaring poverty the other day over the portico, it’s a porch get over yourself.!

Reactions: 7
Why not write to Balsam Hill? Hold the companies just as accountable.

View attachment 59251
Yes!!! I wanted to but they'll either not respond or just say that it's paid advertising, therefore no issues. She was bleating on about helping small local firms the other week, now she's working with balsam hill. I'd be too embarrassed to accept a free tree.

Reactions: 2
Yes!!! I wanted to but they'll either not respond or just say that it's paid advertising, therefore no issues. She was bleating on about helping small local firms the other week, now she's working with balsam hill. I'd be too embarrassed to accept a free tree.
Embarrassed? She should be ashamed of herself @Agatha Quizty
She’s a bloody beg and she’s getting away with it!!! In the day and age where some nurses in our country are living pay check to pay check, this absolute bint in Tunbridge Wells is getting free stuff from companies all across the UK? She disgusts me!

Messaged them. Not expecting a reply.

Embarrassed? She should be ashamed of herself @Agatha Quizty
She’s a bloody beg and she’s getting away with it!!! In the day and age where some nurses in our country are living pay check to pay check, this absolute bint in Tunbridge Wells is getting free stuff from companies all across the UK? She disgusts me!
Completely agree. But unfortunately they'll look at follow numbers and cash in..

Reactions: 4

Completely agree. But unfortunately they'll look at follow numbers and cash in..
I’m not expecting a reply either don’t worry, but well done anyway. The thing is thehousebuild isn’t the only one to blame, tonnes of other influencer types are guilty. I just hate how smug and disillusioned she is about it.

Reactions: 4
I think she should auction it off (for a charity) or have a competition, that way she and Balsalm would get more exposure. No one needs 10 Christmas trees.

But do these companies actually measure rate of return. It cannot be cost effective. I would never buy from a company that gives these losers free stuff. I find it actually abhorrent (my favourite word ATM) that she has 8 Christmas trees. I really do think her life is missing something. It is all about what looks best or what suits her house and when you actually look at the place it is a just a beige reconstruction of every other sad fuckwit influencers house out there. No originality and no taste. Also the worse thing is, it just doesn't look lived in and that is the saddest thing. Another thing that irritates me whilst I am hate watching... is the way she goes on about Mr D. First of all if Mr D left her to tomorrow she would have sweet f all because her stupid shop makes no money at all. Also Mr D probably has no opinion on anything. He is working all hours to pay for the huge mortgage that they must have on the house and to save the extra panelling and a repaint of the house every two minutes because she is so bored and empty that she has to fill her days with seeking likes on Instagram. Can you even imagine what his work colleagues must think of his life. Its embarrassing. RANT OVER

Reactions: 6
Mr D this and Me D that, neurotic woman with how ever many Christmas trees, I find her nauseating and the companies associated with her should be ashamed of themselves. Nothing positive to aspire too. She represents everything that’s wrong with our society.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
But do these companies actually measure rate of return. It cannot be cost effective. I would never buy from a company that gives these losers free stuff. I find it actually abhorrent (my favourite word ATM) that she has 8 Christmas trees. I really do think her life is missing something. It is all about what looks best or what suits her house and when you actually look at the place it is a just a beige reconstruction of every other sad fuckwit influencers house out there. No originality and no taste. Also the worse thing is, it just doesn't look lived in and that is the saddest thing. Another thing that irritates me whilst I am hate watching... is the way she goes on about Mr D. First of all if Mr D left her to tomorrow she would have sweet f all because her stupid shop makes no money at all. Also Mr D probably has no opinion on anything. He is working all hours to pay for the huge mortgage that they must have on the house and to save the extra panelling and a repaint of the house every two minutes because she is so bored and empty that she has to fill her days with seeking likes on Instagram. Can you even imagine what his work colleagues must think of his life. Its embarrassing. RANT OVER
I actually find it quite old fashioned. There are houses out there that you go "oh wow" to but this isn't one of them.

I think the portico looks awful. When they were building the house why didn’t they just position the front door more centred? They must of known they wanted a portico back when they were planning the build

The portico is terrible. The "roof" part of it completely overpowers the door which looks completely out of scale, the door looks hidden away now and the column on the left hat's been cut in half and attached to the side wall looks like an afterthought. It just looks far too ornate for the style of the house. Surely a portico is supposed to be on a flat front so you have the columns either side. Surprised someone with a self confessed obsession with symmetry went for that. Probably having to convince herself it looks good because she got if for free.

The portico is terrible. The "roof" part of it completely overpowers the door which looks completely out of scale, the door looks hidden away now and the column on the left hat's been cut in half and attached to the side wall looks like an afterthought. It just looks far too ornate for the style of the house. Surely a portico is supposed to be on a flat front so you have the columns either side. Surprised someone with a self confessed obsession with symmetry went for that. Probably having to convince herself it looks good because she got if for free.
I think it looks absolutely ridiculous. Talk about try hard 🤣

I think she should auction it off (for a charity) or have a competition, that way she and Balsalm would get more exposure. No one needs 10 Christmas trees.
I watched this story and it broke my heart, there are families out there who can't even afford one tree and a decent meal.

This is where accounts like THB have lost their appeal for me!

Reactions: 9
A response from Balsam Hill.....

View attachment 59414
Completely missing the point by stating that 'we endorse our products by gifting' as it actually puts people off. Also that actually does not make sense, you can't endorse your own products ?? Anyway is it a real endorsement when someone has been given it for free? This is the issue with influencers generally. I know they all argue that it is just the same as magazines writing an article about a product which is basically just advertising, but when you buy a magazine you know what you are getting. You know they will have been paid to advertise etc. I think the tide is turning with the consumer culture and the gravy train for these folk will be coming to an end. I for one am not doing presents this Christmas and neither is anyone in my family. None of us need anything and we are all going on a holiday instead. I can't tell you the relief that we don't have to get on the Christmas bandwagon this year.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.