The Home That Made Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, I said that earlier in the thread and it really grates. She first came to my attention through one of those interiors magazines where she said she was ‘really proud of what she’d achieved at such a young age’ (by which she meant, having a larger than average house than most people in their twenties had managed 🙄). I have no beef with anyone whose parents give them a helping hand, but don’t pretend you’ve done it all yourself when you’ve had it handed to you on a plate. And if your biggest achievement in life is the number of bedrooms you have, then I’d suggest taking a good look at yourself.
Sorry I haven’t read the whole thread. I was so excited I skimmed through 🤣 I will read it properly. I agree with you though. Don’t take credit for an ‘achievement’ when it’s been handed to you

Reactions: 1
Sorry I haven’t read the whole thread. I was so excited I skimmed through 🤣 I will read it properly. I agree with you though. Don’t take credit for an ‘achievement’ when it’s been handed to you
Ha no, I wasn’t having a go. I was agreeing with you. She pisses me off so much with that.

I'm curious as to why her mother gifted her the house though? Tax avoidance issues or just very generous? Not sure whether charlotte has any siblings but if she does - did they get houses for free as well?

On another note, I predict Rorys bedroom will be: grey with black/navy accents, and a few dinosaurs here and there.

Reactions: 3
I'm curious as to why her mother gifted her the house though? Tax avoidance issues or just very generous? Not sure whether charlotte has any siblings but if she does - did they get houses for free as well?

On another note, I predict Rorys bedroom will be: grey with black/navy accents, and a few dinosaurs here and there.
She has a half sister. Chavlotte used to post the odd pic years ago

I don’t think she gifted it to her I’m sure she says maybe in her blog that it was a family house that they had an opportunity to buy and it was too good an opportunity to turn down, I’m sure she didn’t say it was her mums straightaway but she’s then later mentioned that it was her mums house so I get impression they bought it from her but probably at a lower price or there was some sort of deal in place and certainly not through hard work, her original house she said she was gifted or given the money to buy or something then made money on that allowing them to buy this house

Rory’s bedroom makeover is complete but why doesn’t she ever replace the old carpets when she decorates?! She’s even put in her blog post “the carpet isn’t great in there”. Why wouldn’t it be the first thing that gets replaced?

Because she can’t afford a new one! Tat from matalan and DM versus a few hundred for a decent carpet.

Looks like my prediction was right :D
not much of a prediction as she shared a little snippet via her stories on little boys birthday 😂

I really wanted to dislike it but it’s actually quite nice annoyingly, moved away from the beige maybe she’s taking our advice!

Take away the dino prints and that would be an adult/guest bedroom. This is not a 4 year olds bedroom. It makes me sad that there are so many children growing up with no colour in their lives just because it doesn't fit their mothers "aesthetic"

Reactions: 13
Take away the dino prints and that would be an adult/guest bedroom. This is not a 4 year olds bedroom. It makes me sad that there are so many children growing up with no colour in their lives just because it doesn't fit their mothers "aesthetic"
I wouldn’t feel sad for the kids, both of their rooms are beautiful 😂. If she had made a colourful room then I am sure we would be saying it looked tacky.

Reactions: 2
The rooms are boring 😴😴 bland, bland, bland. Fits right in with the rest of the house I guess.

Reactions: 4
I thinks it’s tit. As a pp said it’s a guest bedroom not a child’s bedroom. There is no personality in that room.

My childrens rooms weren’t magazine worthy with the bob the builder and my little pony but my children loved them. They were colourful and bright with pictures of their artwork on the wall.

Reactions: 6
White bed linen, plants and boring beige (shock) for a four year olds bedroom? Really?! Another instamummy 🤢 striving for likes and freebies!

Reactions: 7
White bed linen, plants and boring beige (shock) for a four year olds bedroom? Really?! Another instamummy 🤢 striving for likes and freebies!
My four year old wouldn’t be very impressed with a bedroom like that! Where’s all his toys and books 🤷🏼‍♀️ As long as it looks good for the gram though eh!

Reactions: 4
It doesn't look like a 4 year olds bedroom. It should be full of colour and happiness and not a show room. No kids bedroom should be a show room. It makes me sad.

Reactions: 7
I cannot stand character clothing, posters and junk on walls - does that make me a bad mam? Hell no. My children’s rooms are quite bland if I’m totally honest but I feel that it promotes a positive environment for their own thoughts and for their bedrooms to provide calm whilst they do their homework and wind down with a bedtime story. I like to feel my twins and really level headed and they haven’t ‘missed out’ because I didn’t let them stick crap on their walls x

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.