The Home That Made Me #2 No spend Oct went with a blast, Joe’s not allowed to mention the past

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That cat looks absolutely traumatised. I dunno if animals suffer with ptsd but if they do that cat will need help.
the poor thing probably is as they are intended to be indoor cats due to their docile temperaments and lack of street smarts. Both pets4home and the UK Ragdoll community websites say this - especially is you live by a road.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Maybe I’m missing something but don’t donate to my vet bill donate to my friends holiday fund?

Reactions: 3
So now she’s asking her followers to donate at least £1 to the family of the baby who died and who she had no business of putting in her content. I don’t know how I feel about this....the family is asking for donations to take the boys on a holiday? And she’s taking the high road of being unselfish by refusing help for her vets bill and instead help for her friend. Theatrical!!

Charlotte then ended her story with another drama...she’s off IG for a few days to reflect 😏

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
So now she’s asking her followers to donate at least £1 to the family of the baby who died and who she had no business of putting in her content. I don’t know how I feel about this....the family is asking for donations to take the boys on a holiday?
And Charlotte ended up her story with another drama...she’s off IG for a few days to reflect 😏
She’s in dangerous waters here with her mentioning go fund me and vets bills ?

I hope not. From someone who has been through this my heart breaks for that family and this tragic loss.

Reactions: 1
I have just read the go fund me and confused why the woman has written about the fire, it has nothing to do with losing the baby 🤔

Reactions: 7
It does later on but tbh I would not feel comfortable donating anything to fund a holiday, especially as she is asking for £6.5K.... Two adults and two kids, that a very nice holiday during a time when people are worried about their health and keeping their job...? Kids don't need expensive holidays to make family memories.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I have just read the go fund me and confused why the woman has written about the fire, it has nothing to do with losing the baby 🤔
I thought that at first. Then I thought maybe she is trying to put across that her sons have been through a lot. I'm not sure. It's absolutely devastating what that family have been through losing a 5 month old little boy but something about the page seems distasteful. Perhaps it's just because I dont like any go find me pages 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 9
I was thinking the exact same thing....

It does later on but tbh I would not feel comfortable donating anything to fund a holiday, especially as she is asking for £6.5K.... Two adults and two kids, that a very nice holiday during a time when people are worried about their health and keeping their job...? Kids don't need expensive holidays to make family memories.
It’s definitely heartbreaking but asking strangers to pay for a holiday doesn’t sit right with me.

Reactions: 13
I was thinking the exact same thing....

It’s definitely heartbreaking but asking strangers to pay for a holiday doesn’t sit right with me.
I might be cynical but was the fire to gain more sympathy = more money. She is friends with Charlotte after all.
But honestly the loss of a baby is heartbreaking enough without adding in more.
She has tried to link it with trauma for the children but I know what it's like to be heartbroken and traumatised and a holiday does not fix it. It's like sticking a band aid on a stab wound.
Getting over a loss of a baby takes time. They might want to do small intimate family activities rather than going large at Disney

Reactions: 6
Who sets up their own go fund me and why can’t people pay for their own holidays

Reactions: 15
I could, kind of, understand a funding page if you needed help funding treatment or if you aren’t getting paid for being off work with depression and needing to pay bills etc but just feel a holiday is a real luxury that most can’t afford and isn’t essential. Yes it may be a nice to have but throwing money at the boys to get over grief just isn’t the answer. Rather than begging why don’t they save money themselves and do small trips or weekends away as and when they can afford.
The back story of the fire, just feels really wrong. They’ve had holidays as she states they’d returned from a holiday, so presumably they can afford holidays?

Reactions: 10
I could, kind of, understand a funding page if you needed help funding treatment or if you aren’t getting paid for being off work with depression and needing to pay bills etc but just feel a holiday is a real luxury that most can’t afford and isn’t essential. Yes it may be a nice to have but throwing money at the boys to get over grief just isn’t the answer. Rather than begging why don’t they save money themselves and do small trips or weekends away as and when they can afford.
The back story of the fire, just feels really wrong. They’ve had holidays as she states they’d returned from a holiday, so presumably they can afford holidays?
Or a go fund me page for a charity ? To help with research and to help others?

Reactions: 8
Or a go fund me page for a charity ? To help with research and to help others?
i would (and have) donate to SANDS or any other charity to support families who've tragically lost their children. this feels all wrong.

Separately - i believe Charlotte has accepted money to pay for the endless vet stay ... must be approaching £20K now.

No vet bill funds. She’s got enough money to build her dog an outside shower though 🤔
I'm sure we'll discover that the dog shower is #kindlygifted #excitingreveal

• Wow
Reactions: 6
i would (and have) donate to SANDS or any other charity to support families who've tragically lost their children. this feels all wrong.

Separately - i believe Charlotte has accepted money to pay for the endless vet stay ... must be approaching £20K now.
£20k 😱😱

Reactions: 1
Yes it makes sense! I hope your dog is well now ❤
Thank you xx The silly thing ate a packet of chewing gum ... its deadly to dogs. I did not handle it well - i sobbed every day until she came home ... guess what though, i didn't video my children who were also heartbroken and post it on my insta !!

Reactions: 8
I thought that too, I suppose it just adds to what her children have been through I guess. But yes I agree, not completely relevant

I also agree the go fund me page for the holiday does seem a little distasteful

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.