The Handmaid's Tale

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Episode 6

Is it just me that hates flashback heavy episodes? We're too far in for this! All felt like a very contrived way to push the sudden new story that luke left his last wife because she couldn't give/lost him children. It was all for the predictable payoff of her saying sorry for not brining back Hannah that he just as predictably was happy to see her.

The whole boat, wire fence port and NGO mission has so many plot holes. It was that easy to smuggle her on? What about all the other people at the medical tent there? Moira's gf expected her to just say hey but bye to her best friend? I'm starting to get bad vibes about the show.

Still I hope she testifies against Serena, that could be some good scenes.
I'm ok with the flashbacks in this one between June and moira but I understand what you are saying about luke.

I think she will testify against Serena and Fred but her testimony will somewhat help Serena because June did witness Serena getting abused.

Also I will never not be able to see mootas girlfriend as anything other than vod from fresh meat, I just can't take her seriously because of it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think she will testify against Serena and Fred but her testimony will somewhat help Serena because June did witness Serena getting abused.
It all has to lead to a testimony because that's about the only storyline June has in Canada.

Serena might have been abused but that's no defense that she on several times was the person that instigated for June to be raped? I hope she gets locked up and her baby taken

Reactions: 6
Looks like episode 8 is going to be good one

June confronts Fred and Serena in court and challenges Emily to face a painful reminder of her Gilead past. Lawrence presents Aunt Lydia with a newly captured, familiar Handmaid.

Reactions: 2
Not going to click on the 8 synopsis, but it's making me think 7 will be a bit of a padder so it's better to wait and watch them both together.

It all has to lead to a testimony because that's about the only storyline June has in Canada.

Serena might have been abused but that's no defense that she on several times was the person that instigated for June to be raped? I hope she gets locked up and her baby taken
Serena was also quite fundamental in the setting up of the Gilead project as a whole wasn't she? I can't remember exactly now, but wasn't it kind of the brainchild of her and Fred? Serena only started to dislike Gilead when Fred started treating her in a remotely similar way to other women in Gilead, e.g. the physical punishments. She has no defence IMO.

Reactions: 6
Serena was also quite fundamental in the setting up of the Gilead project as a whole wasn't she? I can't remember exactly now, but wasn't it kind of the brainchild of her and Fred? Serena only started to dislike Gilead when Fred started treating her in a remotely similar way to other women in Gilead, e.g. the physical punishments. She has no defence IMO.
She wrote the original book - how ironic 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Did her book come up with the idea of handmaid's?

From the tv show all I can remember about it is being far right and advocating for women to return to a domestic life. But yeah she seems involved in the set up so the witch shouldn't get away with any of it 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3
yeah it was largely based on a book she wrote, I think in the second series there was an episode in which she was doing a talk about it at a university

Did her book come up with the idea of handmaid's?

From the tv show all I can remember about it is being far right and advocating for women to return to a domestic life. But yeah she seems involved in the set up so the witch shouldn't get away with any of it 😆
yeh she came up with the idea of having children as a type of national duty

Couldn't remember the name of the book (a woman's place🤢) and ended up watching the fake hanging again, sometimes the music is just so spot on with it set to "this woman's work".

Although I'm getting a bit annoyed that their face masks aren't covering their noses 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 4
That scene with June reuniting with Nicole and Emily made so emotional 😭 😭

Fred still referring to June as Offred made me feel ill :sick:

The Serena and June scene, holy tit 😲 Go June!!

Next episode is going to be intense!

Fred makes me feel sick to my stomach. I hope June manages to take them both down. Serena doesn’t deserve to have a baby.

I hate what June did to Luke!

Serena should have her child taken away.

I have read theories online and I have not read the books so maybe I am wrong with agreeing to them but is there a chance Nichole biological dad is Fred? If Serena is pregnant with his child it could be a possibility so was June.

I hate what June did to Luke!

Serena should have her child taken away.

I have read theories online and I have not read the books so maybe I am wrong with agreeing to them but is there a chance Nichole biological dad is Fred? If Serena is pregnant with his child it could be a possibility so was June.
I agree with the Luke thing. It was terrible and I skipped over it.

In the books, Serena never gets pregnant and Nick is Nicole's father so the writers have already changed a big storyline by making Serena pregnant. Also, Nicole's storyline in The Testaments will still work if Fred is her biological father which makes me a bit nervous.

Reactions: 4
Testimony was a great episode but I can't believe those scumbags have supporters :sick:

There's only 2 episodes left which sucks! I was hoping for at least 13 :(

Yel

Testimony was a great episode but I can't believe those scumbags have supporters :sick:
They have to do something to even it up a bit.

Fred is such a wet wipe, it's Serena who I really want to get her comeuppance.

At this rate Moira will be dropping June off at Gilead herself as she messes up her library support group 😆

• Haha