The Handmaid's Tale

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ive only watched up to ep 6 but I too was hoping for 13
did thye cut it short because of the pandemic or was it always planned to be shorter? Agree about Serena and Fred @Yel how a woman could ever basically betray all other women is just :mad: I remember the episode (I think in the second series?) where they have the intial setting up of gilead and she is locked out of a meeting, what did she expect?!

Reactions: 3
did thye cut it short because of the pandemic or was it always planned to be shorter? Agree about Serena and Fred @Yel how a woman could ever basically betray all other women is just :mad: I remember the episode (I think in the second series?) where they have the intial setting up of gilead and she is locked out of a meeting, what did she expect?!
There was a lot of issues whilst filming so I read due to actors having to quarantine when travelling so maybe

Reactions: 1
Anyone else disappointed by the ending in the last episode? Something big better happen in the finale to make up for it.

I felt June's pain when she was screaming her head off at Tuello. duck that guy. I bet he knew the whole time Fred would buckle under pressure. I'm starting to think he only wanted June to give her testimony to scare Fred into accepting the plea bargain instead of going to trial...

I did enjoy most of that scene with Nick, June and Nichole. It was heartwarming and I love them together 🤭 but the last second of that scene sucked. I really hope Nick doesn't have another child bride and he's at least married a grown woman........but it is Gilead afterall :sick:

Reactions: 7
Yeah I'm confused about what season 4 will end on, they've already mentioned the Serena handmaid thing but now Fred is going to walk that doesn't seem likely. What will an angry June do? Kill Fred after he's given all the info and flee back to Gilead where she's thanked for killing an informant? 😆

The show makers probably won't admit it, but the storytelling is off seeing as how they've cut several episodes with covid. I'd like to know what was omitted.

Reactions: 3
Yeah I'm confused about what season 4 will end on, they've already mentioned the Serena handmaid thing but now Fred is going to walk that doesn't seem likely. What will an angry June do? Kill Fred after he's given all the info and flee back to Gilead where she's thanked for killing an informant? 😆

The show makers probably won't admit it, but the storytelling is off seeing as how they've cut several episodes with covid. I'd like to know what was omitted.
Maybe June lures Fred somewhere and kills him, or she has Nick come back and somehow kidnap him back to Gilead where she knows Fred will be hanged for being a traitor? Maybe a new deal with Lawrence? I really don't know. I just hope she doesn't go back to Gilead.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I hope June snaps Fred's neck with her bare hands and Serena gets sent to the breeding colonies. But I don't think the show is done with those character arks, else what would they do for the next 6+ seasons?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I hope June snaps Fred's neck with her bare hands and Serena gets sent to the breeding colonies. But I don't think the show is done with those character arks, else what would they do for the next 6+ seasons?
how mnay more seasons have they comiited to? I think it will just get worse unless they do something dramatic like you said, otherwise what is the point?

Reactions: 2
I'm struggling so hard not to read spoilers about the finale! Only 24 more hours until it airs here in Australia :( :cry:

I'm struggling so hard not to read spoilers about the finale! Only 24 more hours until it airs here in Australia :( :cry:
I’ve read all the spoilers because the uk is tooo slow to show it 😂 feel like I need it be able to cope with watching it 😂

Omg watched it in segments on youtube this morning. It is everything i needed and more.

Omg…
I don’t even know what to make of that ending?! Like I totally understand wanting revenge but…she’s gone through all that in Gilead, ALL THAT, made it out with her baby and now she’s going to almost certainly go to prison for the rest of her life? Was it really worth it? I guess she might get some kind of temp loss of insanity/battered woman defence but Christ. It seems very fitting that that’s what June chose to do but I just cannot believe she went through all that to probably end up in prison. So she’s basically swapped one type of prison (Gilead) for another.

Reactions: 2
Omg…
I don’t even know what to make of that ending?! Like I totally understand wanting revenge but…she’s gone through all that in Gilead, ALL THAT, made it out with her baby and now she’s going to almost certainly go to prison for the rest of her life? Was it really worth it? I guess she might get some kind of temp loss of insanity/battered woman defence but Christ. It seems very fitting that that’s what June chose to do but I just cannot believe she went through all that to probably end up in prison. So she’s basically swapped one type of prison (Gilead) for another.
[/QUOTE
Who even had jurisdiction in no man’s land?! I was so confused by the ‘just give me five minutes and I’ll go’ discussion with Luke. It was so ambiguous. Why? Is it because she’ll be arrested, is it because she knows that Luke will never forgive her. Something tells me it’s the latter but we’ll need to wait a year to find out!! Such a cliffhanger!

Who even had jurisdiction in no man’s land?! I was so confused by the ‘just give me five minutes and I’ll go’ discussion with Luke. It was so ambiguous. Why? Is it because she’ll be arrested, is it because she knows that Luke will never forgive her. Something tells me it’s the latter but we’ll need to wait a year to find out!! Such a cliffhanger!
Yeah I wasn't sure about that either. I mean, the gist of this whole season I thought was that their relationship is probably beyond repair. She's traumatised and he doesn't have the first clue about what she's been through. If I had to guess right now, I'd think she ends up with Nick even if that relationship is based on trauma bonding. I just don't see how they will move past it. The thing with Luke is as well, he doesn't know or understand that murder, violence, rape etc is all just normal to June now. And you can tell that's a kind of environmental conditioning thing by the way that all the other women helped her kill him. I won't be surprised if they fudge it so that she somehow gets away with it in the next season though, because June seems to get away with EVERYTHING. And I mean, I wouldn't mind that as such - if anyone deserves a free pass for murder in this fictional world, I'd say it's probably her. But it does start to get a bit silly.

Yeah I wasn't sure about that either. I mean, the gist of this whole season I thought was that their relationship is probably beyond repair. She's traumatised and he doesn't have the first clue about what she's been through. If I had to guess right now, I'd think she ends up with Nick even if that relationship is based on trauma bonding. I just don't see how they will move past it. The thing with Luke is as well, he doesn't know or understand that murder, violence, rape etc is all just normal to June now. And you can tell that's a kind of environmental conditioning thing by the way that all the other women helped her kill him. I won't be surprised if they fudge it so that she somehow gets away with it in the next season though, because June seems to get away with EVERYTHING. And I mean, I wouldn't mind that as such - if anyone deserves a free pass for murder in this fictional world, I'd say it's probably her. But it does start to get a bit silly.
I agree, I don't think that in any situation they could get back together, first of all the years of distance and no communication, which in itself would be hard, but then also not having had ANY of the same experience for that time is impossible imo, especially without a child of theirs to unite them

Well the future doesn't look good for Moira's library support groups 😆

Yeah the give me 5 minutes thing confused me the most, I'd assumed she ment 5 mins before she goes to wash all the blood off 🤷‍♀️. If Canadian authorities can't even visit no mans land would they even know it happened?

Fred was spent and a brutal killing seemed about right.

Poor Serena with her internet cut off. Now that Fred is no longer an asset what happens to her? They must do the whole taking her child and making her become a handmaid story.

I imagine the next season will be the obvious break up of June and Luke and Serena getting unstuck. But then where will the show go?

I took it to mean she was going back to Gilead to get Hannah! Well I guess we’ll find out in another year 😩

Let's hope it's only a year for the next season and not a two year gap again!

I wonder if Amazon buying the MGM who make the show will affect anything?

THAT ENDING!!!! :oops::oops:

- Fred was so smug when leaving to get on the plane! His face when he realised what was happening was priceless!
- Lawrence's nonchalant reaction to Nick showing up beside him made me laugh 😂
- Fred saying he's a man and has rights, aww boohoo you whiney witch
- That finger, though. A warning? A symbolic way to give Serena the finger? Both? 😶

- Serena will 100% be milking the murdered husband thing for everything it's worth next season but I bet deep down she will be happy he is dead and she is now free from Fred. Her priority was always her son, she barely even cares about Nichole (when was the last time she even mentioned her?)

- I think Serena will get her own plea bargain, and if not, I think her supporters will go crazy and cause riots if she doesn't. As much as her being a handmaid would be great, I don't think it will happen. If she ever does end up in Gilead again, I think she will be able to manipulate everyone into thinking she is this poor victim who had little to no part in what happened. Some widowed commander might even marry her, just not Lawrence because he hates her lol

- I think June will go into hiding and create her own resistance. She will make it her mission to get Hannah and Janine out.

Overall, it was a great way to end the season. I can't wait for s5.

Also, as much as I hated every bit of Fred, Joseph Fiennes is an incredible actor and I hope he gets an Emmy for his performance. He played Fred so well and it would be well deserved.

- I think June will go into hiding and create her own resistance. She will make it her mission to get Hannah and Janine out.

Overall, it was a great way to end the season. I can't wait for s5.
Yep I think you're right with that, she's not going to be staying in that Canada safe house for long.

Agree it was a great ending, S4 was patchy at times (probably covid related with lots of cut content). But thankfully it hasn't gone to tit.

Serena demanding for faster internet 😆 and being a brat was everything.

I did think that June might have done a deal to hand over the CIA guy and was expecting him to get nabbed on the bridge.
As much as her being a handmaid would be great, I don't think it will happen. If she ever does end up in Gilead again, I think she will be able to manipulate everyone into thinking she is this poor victim
Sadly you're probably right, she's one of the main villains so I can't see the handmaid thing happening, maybe she'll be on her way to becoming one then worm out of it. She'll probably go free next season.