The Handmaid's Tale

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re Serena I think that reflects the complexities of the writing. Not just black and white. I feel the same way about Commander Lawrence.

Reactions: 12
Serena is such an interesting character, her and aunt Lydia are the most complex imo. Serena reminds me of a prominent anti feminist woman in the USA in about the 1960s/70s (cannot remember her name) but she campaigned basically for women to just be housewives , not work etc. After her children went to uni and grew up her husband left her and she was left basically penniless, had never worked so had no experience.
I would imagine lots of people who hark towards the past being better would actually be horrified to live there

Reactions: 5
Does anyone know why there would be genetic problems with Nick & Roses baby? I think I must’ve lost concentration as there was a few bits that didn’t make sense to me in this ep 😂
Really enjoyed Ep9 too. Sloooow start to this season but it has picked up.

Reactions: 4
Does anyone know why there would be genetic problems with Nick & Roses baby? I think I must’ve lost concentration as there was a few bits that didn’t make sense to me in this ep 😂
I have two theories… 1: Rose has been seen walking with a cane in previous episodes. Pretty sure in season 1 there were scenes of disabled people being rounded up. I don’t think Gilead has much tolerance for anything outside of the status quo.
2: could Nick and Rose be related???

Reactions: 3
Them maybe being siblings was my first thought but 1 makes more sense. Or maybe it’s still to come out.
I feel like we need another few episodes to tie this season up. Just 1 seems like it’ll be a bit rushed.
I have two theories… 1: Rose has been seen walking with a cane in previous episodes. Pretty sure in season 1 there were scenes of disabled people being rounded up. I don’t think Gilead has much tolerance for anything outside of the status quo.
2: could Nick and Rose be related???

Them maybe being siblings was my first thought but 1 makes more sense. Or maybe it’s still to come out.
I feel like we need another few episodes to tie this season up. Just 1 seems like it’ll be a bit rushed.
Agreed, there is way too much to fit into one episode. I think the final ep will probably set up some major cliffhangers to be resolved next season. It’s going to be a long wait 😬😬😬

Reactions: 1
I’ve just started the new season, I really did laugh in episode 1 when the police weren’t interested in June’s confession and Luke picked her up from the station and she was like, “I have to pay a fine. Online.” 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’ve just started the new season, I really did laugh in episode 1 when the police weren’t interested in June’s confession and Luke picked her up from the station and she was like, “I have to pay a fine. Online.” 😂😂
Same, I almost wish in a way there was more of these less dramatic things, just getting re- used to life in a society that isn't living in the past with no technology etc

Has anyone just watched tonight's UK episode?
Yes! Watching at UK pace because I don’t know where else to watch?!

Does anyone know what the younger girl poisoned herself and the other handmaid with (I’m shocking with names but assuming this makes sense?) I think I got distracted, do we know how/why she did it?

Reactions: 2
Yes! Watching at UK pace because I don’t know where else to watch?!

Does anyone know what the younger girl poisoned herself and the other handmaid with (I’m shocking with names but assuming this makes sense?) I think I got distracted, do we know how/why she did it?
Her name is Esther, when she was 14 she was a wife and grew a plant called Nightshade I think it was. June took some to jezebels and poisoned a lot of commanders in an earlier series, it's possible wherever they're living now has a garden or greenhouse

UK pace, another good episode and not as slow as season 4, but more because of Serena, and I love commander Lawrence, he is so sarky. Aunt Lydia is great in her part too. I'm over June, even Luke is boring me, sometimes I think I hope they never get Hannah back 😴🙄

Reactions: 6
Just seen the finale and all I'll say is I've got goose bumps!! Can't wait another year for the next season.

Reactions: 3