The Great Pottery Throw Down

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've forgotten what the older chaps name is but he started making that fish and I was like WHAT that's hideous and by the time he finished I thought it was fab.

It's amazing that after firing and painting it can change the whole look of the item. Alot of them are really talented; My money is still in Matt though

Reactions: 4
Absolutely love this show. So gentle and the things they make are amazing - wish I had a shed with a potters wheel but you can't have everything. I really like the things they make and all the work an time required that goes into each piece. I couldn't do Richard's job of making sure it gets fired and doesn't break - too much pressure!

Love Keith Brymer Jones. What an absolute dude.

Reactions: 3
I know Rich and he is the calmest, loveliest man, with more talent than any of the competitors. He should receive more credit on the show ๐Ÿ˜

We watched the first episode and when he cried I thought, imagine being that passionate about something! How lovely. Life has made me much less passionate about things haha.

Reactions: 5
Some of the stuff they make is amazing . I genuinely look forward to this every week .

Reactions: 1
I am so glad that Channel 4 took it I was genuinely sad when BBC decommissioned it.

Reactions: 5
I watched it last night - can't believe that they SPOILER

Sent Ronaldo home (who stuck to the brief) rather than Claire (who had nothing 3D). In Bake Off you get home for not sticking to it. Matt deserved the Potter of the Week, his fireplace was stunning and his tiles so much more hard work to make than anyone elses.

Delighted to finally see Richard as one of the "experts" this week, I don't remember this happening before? Lovely man.

Looking forward to next week's pit firing!

I am so glad that Channel 4 took it I was genuinely sad when BBC decommissioned it.
I thought it was made by the same production company as GB bake off, so that probably was why they stopped showing it on BBC!

I love this show too....although I did prefer Sara Cox as the presenter... Im also enjoying that it isn't just about throwing skills this year. Its a lot more about hand building as well.

Not sure who I think will win, I think Jacob or Matt will win, but I really like Rosa and her work!

Reactions: 2
I think it will be between Matt & Claire, although I feel like Iโ€™m disliking Matt more as the weeks go on I get a bit of cockiness from him?

Oh god I hate the crying, Rab C Nesbitt-esque vest wearing Keith. I love Jacob, the girl from NI is increasingly annoying me, lots of faux 'my work isn't good, i think I'm going home' then she gets potter of the week.

Agree Claire annoys me, get some fake humble/cocky vibes off her. I love Rosalind, I think she's adorable and I really like her work. Also love Jacob he's cool!

Agree Claire annoys me, get some fake humble/cocky vibes off her. I love Rosalind, I think she's adorable and I really like her work. Also love Jacob he's cool!
I do love Rosalind she seems such a kind genuine lady!

I watched it last night - can't believe that they SPOILER

Sent Ronaldo home (who stuck to the brief) rather than Claire (who had nothing 3D). In Bake Off you get home for not sticking to it. Matt deserved the Potter of the Week, his fireplace was stunning and his tiles so much more hard work to make than anyone elses.
Last week Rosa's sculpture wasn't in the style they requested but they still made her a joint winner. It was good though ๐Ÿ˜ so hey .

I quite like them all, shame people have to leave

Just binged watch all the episodes so far and I bloody love it!! I love Keith he sets me off every time he gets emotional!! Such a lovely guy!!!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ
Not a fan of Claire at all!! Love Rosalind and Jacob ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Just binged watch all the episodes so far and I bloody love it!! I love Keith he sets me off every time he gets emotional!! Such a lovely guy!!!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ
Not a fan of Claire at all!! Love Rosalind and Jacob ๐Ÿ‘Œ
This is my first time watching the show and I don't know how I feel about the whole crying thing. At first I thought that's sweet but now it seems to be every two minutes and I just wonder how sincere it is? Maybe I'm an old sceptic!

Oh Iโ€™m so glad this is here. Anyone else get the feeling Mel fancies Matt? Probably just the way itโ€™s been edited, or maybe Iโ€™m projecting ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿค”

My friend has worked a bit with Keith and says he's very sweet and just like on camera - it is unusual to see a man cry on TV but I think he is genuinely moved to tears a lot of the time.

I hope there's more Richard this series, he's great and I'd like to see more of him!