Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SpiceWeasel

VIP Member
I think Clare will win now unless next week is totally out of her comfort zone. Her transformation yesterday was fab but other than that she just doesn’t seem at all creative or interesting like the other two.

Reactions: 3

SpookyLumberjack

VIP Member
I didn't agree with who went last night either.
Same, I was shocked. The one who left definitely has more potential and has made some stunning garments (I think the one it should have been has made some really messy sewing misakes in the past?) Nothing against them they've made some amazing stuff but not everything needs o rings. I would definitely actually wear the clothes the one who went made 😊

Last edited:

The design was lush but she fucked it which why I was a bit baffled by the evictee. Patrick and Esmee actively stopped her making an error in the Marilyn challenge - she has been ushered to the final I reckon.

I think Claire is edited to appear sharp and school marm-ish. You can’t possibly go for for that level of retro emersion and not have the requisite British manners that go with it all.

keytotruth

VIP Member
Wrong winner by far Nicole should of! Like usual miss prissy think she’s better than everyone didn’t react surprised it was like yea I know thanks

Officedoor123

VIP Member
It's just not doing it for me Im afraid. And im interested in sewing. the 1940s one reminds me of the class swot, she's a Respiratory consultant, obviously good at whatever she turns her hand to, so that pissed me off for starters! Is it not enough that she's a flippin doctor, does she have to be good at sewing as well?!! Patrick is boring me, I find Esme a bit mean. And Im not a fan of Joe Lycett, really irritates me when he makes the gay man jokes, eg about a flap at the back of some outfit for easy access. No one else there is making sexual jokes, it's so tired. they need to change the format, the part where they have to all rush over to grab the best fabric for a task makes me cringe. I like Liz and Hazel and Nicole. Oh, also while im on a moan 😂 the bit where they do a bit about the history of whatever they're making bores me rigid. to be fair, I didntenjoy the history of shortbread bits on the Bake Off either.

Cheese_face

Oh how have I only just found this thread?? I LOVE this program. Personally I can’t sow for toffee but I’m totally an expert when watching.

Ponponpon

VIP Member
I still don’t like Claire there’s something off about her I don’t particularly like her attitude. She comes across as the school goody goody who’s secretly happy when other people mess up 😂
For pure consistency alone I think Nicole deserves to win.
Oh yes I second that. There's been a few times where she's copied others fabric choice, either the exact fabric used or a similar one. 🧐

Reactions: 2

I thought she looked genuinely overwhelmed and surprised.

I suppose it was a special occasion, specs off thing, like a lot of us spec heads do? Maybe.

Ponponpon

VIP Member
I agree it didn’t look like it fit properly!

I thought Matt’s was the best but I don’t think he’ll win.

Ffs 😂
I've decided it was the placement of the cut out.

Matt's husband looked stunning in that dress. I love he was the model and rocked it. ❤

Interesting he's now doing west end theatre work now!

Cannoteven

Anyone else find Patrick really annoying? I can’t even work out what it is but he pisses me off without doing anything 😂 also, for a tailor, his trousers never look like they fit right. He dresses so strangely for someone who’s not even 50
I'm obviously gazing at his face far too much to look at his trousers - I'll have to perv a bit more! He was in a relationship with Katie Hillier until a few years back (not that I stalk much......😉)

• Haha

WalterMittyfan

Clare went up in my estimation when I saw she was a lung consultant and I loved how proud her mum was of her but agreed, she seemed so cold and rigid throughout the show. I guess that's just her personality. I thought Clare and Nicole were fairly well pitted technically although I think Nicole had more disasters than Clare and she seemed (to me) the more consistantly strong sewer. Matt's dress was my favourite by a mile and and looked incredible on his boyfriend, I loved it.

Regards Patrick, I do actually like him I just can't get my head around the facial hair sitch!

How do you mean Walter?
I just think her mother seemed quite cold and reminded me of my own mother in some respects, only perfect is good enough.

Forfoxsake

It's a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine, my mum was a sewing machinist and made loads of my clothes when I was a kid so it makes me feel kind of warm and fuzzy.

SpiceWeasel

VIP Member
🙊 The proportions looked out to me, but that may have been the model's figure with the camera angles, or the placement of the cut out.
I agree it didn’t look like it fit properly!

I thought Matt’s was the best but I don’t think he’ll win.

Ffs 😂

Dizzy

VIP Member
I would like Nicole to win - I find Clare humourless and very cold. She also never says "thank you" when someone says well done or when she gets top spot. That said, I think she's the best sewer technically although I'm not a fan of her designs. I thought Nicole's made to measure dress this week was gorgeous.