Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Happyvalley

VIP Member
It's just not doing it for me Im afraid. And im interested in sewing. the 1940s one reminds me of the class swot, she's a Respiratory consultant, obviously good at whatever she turns her hand to, so that pissed me off for starters! Is it not enough that she's a flippin doctor, does she have to be good at sewing as well?!! Patrick is boring me, I find Esme a bit mean. And Im not a fan of Joe Lycett, really irritates me when he makes the gay man jokes, eg about a flap at the back of some outfit for easy access. No one else there is making sexual jokes, it's so tired. they need to change the format, the part where they have to all rush over to grab the best fabric for a task makes me cringe. I like Liz and Hazel and Nicole. Oh, also while im on a moan 😂 the bit where they do a bit about the history of whatever they're making bores me rigid. to be fair, I didntenjoy the history of shortbread bits on the Bake Off either.
Oh I love Joe Lycett 😂

Hate the history bits too, I just wanna see someone sew a sleeve on back to front 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4

busylass

Chatty Member
Me! I've watched all the seasons and usually go over to my mums as we share a love of sewing so now we facetime while it's on so we can still watch it together.

• Heart

Dizzy

VIP Member
I'm a newcomer to GBSB but I love it, especially Joe Lycett who I want to be my best friend forever. I like them all except Claire - she seems veeeeeeery competitive and serious, thought it was bad form to copy Nicole's fabric (think it was Nicole).

hrh89

VIP Member
I love this show! Really like Nicole and
I'm a newcomer to GBSB but I love it, especially Joe Lycett who I want to be my best friend forever. I like them all except Claire - she seems veeeeeeery competitive and serious, thought it was bad form to copy Nicole's fabric (think it was Nicole).
Oh my god I was just about to write the same I don’t like her at all. She has no sense of humour like the others. I thought it was really off of her to copy Nicole’s fabric. Like fair dos if two people genuinely picked the same but she purposely picked it because Nicole has good taste for patterns?? I sensed Nicole was a bit pissed off and rightly so.
I find the girl with the short hair annoying too sorry I forget her name.

She’s a precision sewer so I think that’s probably right.

Matt’s dress on his boyfriend was stunning,

hrh89

VIP Member
Nicole yet again proving she deserves to win. Loved her 80s dress it was absolutely stunning! Shame about her power jacket, she seemed really disappointed that they didn’t like it. It was a weird choice of fabric though. I think the right person went home last night

panda_eyes

VIP Member
ALSO (I've just been reminded). In the middle challenge, why was Clare penalised for having a skirt that was both NEATLY SEWN and STRUCTURAL. That's literally what the judges asked for. I really like Clare and I thought her puffin inspired jumper dress was lovely too.

orangelolly

Chatty Member
I'm watching it on catch up but oh my word, how tricky is it to make a kilt?! I'd have no idea where to start.

Reactions: 3

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Me neither! Thought it should have been Matt.
Matt must have some dirt on someone as his final garment has been weak for the past few weeks imo - he should've gone when he messed up his gold 80s dress.
I hope Nicole wins - I like her very much. I find Clare quite smug.

• Heart

Cannoteven

Is Claire the 40s one? I'm not keen on her purely because while I'm all for retro and vintage styles, i think it should suit you - some of her pieces shes worn haven't flattered her in my opinion.
I'm Northern - we tell everyone all the time just in case our accent doesn't give it away 😂
Therese is too try-hard for my liking

• Haha

panda_eyes

VIP Member
Just caught up with it now - I feel really inspired to start making clothes by cutting up existing ones in my "charity shop" pile. Wasn't sure about the rotated sleeve dress, and I don't think I'll be making anything out of old market bags soon - can't beat what was done on Drag Race UK with them and old IKEA bags!

1590709067129.png

orangelolly

Chatty Member
Love the GBSB, I’ve watched it since series 1.

I like them all, Liz is short haired northerner with penchant for 90s alternative styles. Love her.

Love love Esme’s style then and now.
I recently watched series 1. One of the sky channels had it to download. The lady who won was such a worthy winner

Catloverlady

Nicole’s been getting a right kicking within the sewing community - unfairly in my opinion. She’s definitely the most creative of the finalists and has a steely core with how she manages to come up trumps after doing badly in earlier rounds

Dizzy

VIP Member
Anyone watching?
Quick question: why has Patrick got stubble AND a moustache? Why not either stubble or the ‘tache? It really bugs me!