The Garrihy Sisters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What did she say?
I don’t know anything about her finances, she does loads for charity & helps people out and she’s giving the hotel a boost. I was very respectful said people are sick of looking at influencers & their #gifted posts & why not put her money where her mouth is when that’s what she is asking of us. She could still give the hotel a boost while paying for her visit & showing it to her followers.

• Angry
Reactions: 11
I don’t know anything about her finances, she does loads for charity & helps people out and she’s giving the hotel a boost. I was very respectful said people are sick of looking at influencers & their #gifted posts & why not put her money where her mouth is when that’s what she is asking of us. She could still give the hotel a boost while paying for her visit & showing it to her followers.
My question was what was salty about her reply?

Reactions: 1
Don't know anything about her finances 😂😂😂 what a joke. People dont need to know about her finances to know she's spoilt and can well afford to pay for these trips herself.

Reactions: 6
Exactly. She has more than one source of income. If she is living above her means and wants to go away then save up like the rest of us...no need take every freebie on the go. Also her reply to Heidi77 was salty...they are public figures she chooses to show bits of her life and the payoff is free stuff to try and sell it to the public if the public cant question her who can? Who cares what she does for charity...its not without something in it for her anyway.

Reactions: 7
Don't know anything about her finances 😂😂😂 what a joke. People dont need to know about her finances to know she's spoilt and can well afford to pay for these trips herself.
We know she could afford a place on her own in Dublin next to P park as she said before she was planning to live alone and paddy only moved in cos of lockdown. She’s also on the RTÉ payroll and they are not known for paying minimum wage. By all accounts I’d say she’s doing ok and could afford the €300 for the night if she wanted to pay it.

Reactions: 8
Exactly. She has more than one source of income. If she is living above her means and wants to go away then save up like the rest of us...no need take every freebie on the go. Also her reply to Heidi77 was salty...they are public figures she chooses to show bits of her life and the payoff is free stuff to try and sell it to the public if the public cant question her who can? Who cares what she does for charity...its not without something in it for her anyway.
She easily could have said she would pay for the stays to help out the hotels but take a free meal or spa treatment or something. Or if she does so much for charity she could have asked if she could give the trip to one of her followers who can't afford to go away but nope!

Reactions: 4
And meanwhile D is LAPPING up the praise for tweeting that people shouldn't be going on foreign holidays 🙄 it's like she has a different persona depending on the medium. Very frustrating

Reactions: 7
And meanwhile D is LAPPING up the praise for tweeting that people shouldn't be going on foreign holidays 🙄 it's like she has a different persona depending on the medium. Very frustrating
You can guarantee if she was handed a freebie holiday abroad she’d be gone. It’s just her utter hypocrisy that gets my goat. Telling us to support local business while she grabs a freebie and not the first one over lockdown either.

Reactions: 3
No but wait, her Dzad and Mommmmm told her to just stop being so picky and get that dollaaaa gurl. Good God, she never shuts up about Mom and Dad. It’s Mam and Dad. Now stop 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 6
Omg don't start the mom/mam argument. It's totally irrelevant 😂. Besides lots of people in Ireland say mom because it comes from the Irish "a mham", though I'm sure that's not Dzoireann's case. Mom is a (certain parts of) Dublin thing too.

She does loads for SVP! That’s about all the charity I see her doing. Her whole family on that bandwagon! I genuinely would hate to discredit a charity anywhere but it’s actually spilling out of my mouth! I can’t help myself! My mam always said “SVP give back to the rich and the poor are left wanting”. Mam said there was a time when she hadn’t two pennies to rub together and SVP were giving out tables and chairs to people who already had a perfectly fine set at home and one was for the “good room”. Lots of people say that. My mam hates to see any money going to the SVP charity because of things she’s seen over the years. All the Garrihys bring everything to the SVP shops and think they’re great. There are far more worthy charities and shops out there.

Reactions: 15
She does loads for SVP! That’s about all the charity I see her doing. Her whole family on that bandwagon! I genuinely would hate to discredit a charity anywhere but it’s actually spilling out of my mouth! I can’t help myself! My mam always said “SVP give back to the rich and the poor are left wanting”. Mam said there was a time when she hadn’t two pennies to rub together and SVP were giving out tables and chairs to people who already had a perfectly fine set at home and one was for the “good room”. Lots of people say that. My mam hates to see any money going to the SVP charity because of things she’s seen over the years. All the Garrihys bring everything to the SVP shops and think they’re great. There are far more worthy charities and shops out there.
Maybe it depends on the area but I've seen first hand SVP giving above and beyond to families who are on social welfare and in social housing. Vouchers hampers furniture helping with debt and back to school. Not sure how they give to the 'rich' unless it's a case of who you know or something. Maybe it depends on the staff in local offices but they give more than enough to the families who need it from my experience.

Reactions: 11
Maybe it depends on the area but I've seen first hand SVP giving above and beyond to families who are on social welfare and in social housing. Vouchers hampers furniture helping with debt and back to school. Not sure how they give to the 'rich' unless it's a case of who you know or something. Maybe it depends on the staff in local offices but they give more than enough to the families who need it from my experience.
I get that. That’s everyone’s experience! I don’t support SVP because of what my mam had said but I feel there had to be something in what she said. I understand that it could be different areas etc. But I think my mam was talking about her experience a long time ago when they didn’t vet people looking for stuff and the people that had it were getting more! That’s all.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.