The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cato looks so much like Peggy! 😱😍

She’s just had a baby and can’t have family round to help out due to lockdown. Give her a break! She’s also on mat leave

Reactions: 4
I understand the irritation if she's being less than truthful about what they spend on their weekly shop. Especially if she's conveniently leaving out the Oddbox and restaurant meals/takeaways. And why even try and only spend £25 on a family weekly food shop? Unless you're truly on your uppers I mean, which they're not. But to me this just shows that they're clearly not foodies, and that's fine. There are more than enough of those to go round! And I'm not into the mummy-martyr thing of 'she should have been batch cooking at the end of her pregnancy' or 'she should be cooking meals rather than having a takeaway'. Nah. She's not the only parent in the house, but she is the one who's recently given birth.

I wonder if she feels the blog name she chose way back when is now a bit of a millstone around her neck. People are obviously going to look at so many of her choices and think 'well that's not frugal'. Personally I look at some of her supposedly frugal decisions, like not spending the money to ensure she had a functioning back garden for the past four years, or cooking off a slow cooker and plug in ring thingie for four years rather than buying an interim electric cooker and hob, and scratch my head and think 'bonkers'.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I wonder if she feels the blog name she chose way back when is now a bit of a millstone around her neck. People are obviously going to look at so many of her choices and think 'well that's not frugal'.
Yes, I think that. She clearly saw "The Frugality" as being her USP when she first went into the blogging/ G world when she moved away from styling/ magazine work. But she still shills the same old tit as everyone else, 'frugal' or not.

Reactions: 7
I understand the irritation if she's being less than truthful about what they spend on their weekly shop. Especially if she's conveniently leaving out the Oddbox and restaurant meals/takeaways. And why even try and only spend £25 on a family weekly food shop? Unless you're truly on your uppers I mean, which they're not. But to me this just shows that they're clearly not foodies, and that's fine. There are more than enough of those to go round! And I'm not into the mummy-martyr thing of 'she should have been batch cooking at the end of her pregnancy' or 'she should be cooking meals rather than having a takeaway'. Nah. She's not the only parent in the house, but she is the one who's recently given birth.

I wonder if she feels the blog name she chose way back when is now a bit of a millstone around her neck. People are obviously going to look at so many of her choices and think 'well that's not frugal'. Personally I look at some of her supposedly frugal decisions, like not spending the money to ensure she had a functioning back garden for the past four years, or cooking off a slow cooker and plug in ring thingie for four years rather than buying an interim electric cooker and hob, and scratch my head and think 'bonkers'.
I’m sorry if it came across like that. But many parents do batch cooking ahead of birth to avoid the extra cost and mostly give themselves more time with the baby throughout the first few weeks. It’s much more affordable than buying Cook or other similar ready meals. I was not saying she shoul’ve done that, but rather that probably she shouldn’t have gone on and on about their frugal affordable food shop and Odd Box, when it’s clear that is only for the show of #sponsored posts.

Reactions: 8
Recognise she's supposedly on maternity leave however her feeds don't seem to reflect that!

I think the only reason it annoys people is because it’s not frugal to eat the way they do. Everyone gets by differently - some cook, some rely on take out - and no one really cares especially when someone is on mat leave. But then don’t try and portray yourself as frugal.

Reactions: 6
I think the only reason it annoys people is because it’s not frugal to eat the way they do. Everyone gets by differently - some cook, some rely on take out - and no one really cares especially when someone is on mat leave. But then don’t try and portray yourself as frugal.
Exactly! And don’t post condescending meal planning videos.

I find it so weird they’re grown-up adults with a child but have never done a roast dinner before. It feels like such a rite of passage - might be something you do at uni, or when you’ve moved out or in a new relationship? They are soo weird with food.

Reactions: 15
I find it so weird they’re grown-up adults with a child but have never done a roast dinner before. It feels like such a rite of passage - might be something you do at uni, or when you’ve moved out or in a new relationship? They are soo weird with food.
I agree! It’s not exactly difficult! Don’t most people have one every now and again? And actually, it’s a fairly easy meal to do! Just peel and cook!

Roast a chicken, roast some potatoes, buy some prepped veg and stuffing and a pouch of gravy. Easy peasy.

Don't have pesto pasta. 😐

This is why I was baffled that they went without an oven for so many years. Roast chicken is life!

Reactions: 9
I wanted to comment the same thing, maybe she is one of those people that rather save on food and splash on paint. Christmas is all about food, I cannot understand why she choose not to have a proper food on Christmas, especially she said create new traditions with her kids.

Roast is so easy, buy some frozen potatoes and Yorkshire pudding and just get any form of meat and chuck it in the oven and you are done. Get a ready made gravy.

One of my mate grew up eating crap food because his mum cant cook, is always oven chips etc and he turn out to be the best cook among us because he is so sick of eating rubbish. I wish the same to Cato and Peggy

Surely she meant their first roast with the two little ones to look after - not first ever roast?!
Hmmm, they can put every thing in the oven and go watch their kids. This is so sad to watch, I hope some PR food company send some free roast to them lol:rolleyes:

She advertises Oddbox or whatever it’s called, does meal planning and shopping lists and gives us all (most of us probably cook more than her) advice regarding food, yet she cooks bugger all and needs her dad to send over a precooked roast! The mind boggles. How have these 2 not grown up since Uni! It’s like they’re still stuck in their student life.

Reactions: 14
The temerity of a woman who doesn’t really have a clue about food or cooking, giving people advice on how to meal plan 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️Where do their egos come from? I’ll never understand the internet

Reactions: 17
She can't keep away from posting - I thought she was on maternity leave. It's not exciting content either. Just enjoy your family Alex and take a break!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.