The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You’re probably right. I was somehow under the impression The Frugality was more than just her and had multiple employees. But I suppose if that was the case she wouldn’t have spent hours packing matches by herself at 40 weeks pregnant.
Looking at Company's House their last account update says they only have 2 employees on average 👀 so it's just them.

Interesting that they made Chris have the significant control. How is that empowering women? 😬

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Frances Costelloe is a privileged white woman who worked in fashion, albeit savy to realise this style sells very well nowadays. That Ice Cream giclée print is £45.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
Frances Costelloe is a privileged white woman who worked in fashion, albeit savy to realise this style sells very well nowadays. That Ice Cream giclée print is £45.
Vincent van Gogh rolling in his grave. I know this is art blah blah but damn, I wouldn't have released it. I'd have thought Peggy drew it

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Vincent van Gogh rolling in his grave. I know this is art blah blah but damn, I wouldn't have released it. I'd have thought Peggy drew it
Totally agree. I believe she has a talent but seems that she decided to produce work that sells well, and caters to particular popular instagram aesthetic. And since she has connections, the business is blooming. Selling art is a funny business. General rule in the art world seems to be: start selling at higher price, and people will be willing to pay thinking it’s more professional and has real value.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
She is posting on both accounts so I really no longer can make any sense to being on maternity leave or having two separate accounts. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 5
She is posting on both accounts so I really no longer can make any sense to being on maternity leave or having two separate accounts. 🤷🏻‍♀️
And there even was an Odd Box ad on her personal IG, so the maternity leave doesn’t seem to interfere with that.

I am sorry, there is one thing about being frugal and there is another thing called supporting small local businesses when you have the means. Buying a 29 pound tree and get a 20 voucher is very genius, but this year more than ever we need to support our local tree farms or local tree sellers because in 20 years time, I don’t see our kids experiencing this kind of tradition anymore if we don’t step up. Also how much do we think the tree growers get paid by Ikea? FFS walk around Wood Green and buy a bleeping tree from the local because you can afford!!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I am sorry, there is one thing about being frugal and there is another thing called supporting small local businesses when you have the means. Buying a 29 pound tree and get a 20 voucher is very genius, but this year more than ever we need to support our local tree farms or local tree sellers because in 20 years time, I don’t see our kids experiencing this kind of tradition anymore if we don’t step up. Also how much do we think the tree growers get paid by Ikea? FFS walk around Wood Green and buy a bleeping tree from the local because you can afford!!
Exactly this. We have a fake tree but this year it’s staying in the loft and we’re buying a real one locally to try and help out small businesses where we can and because we’re fortunate enough to be in a position too.

Reactions: 8
Exactly this. We have a fake tree but this year it’s staying in the loft and we’re buying a real one locally to try and help out small businesses where we can and because we’re fortunate enough to be in a position too.
You won’t regret it, you might be a convert after this year too :) we tried once and never go back. Okay apart from the falling needles haha

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.