The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
sorry if i offended anyone. She is the only person i know enjoying that bread 🤢 i tjink i eat better during student days
Cheap white bread makes perfect fried bread though. My occasional fry up treat. I can’t eat it for a sandwich though. Reminds me of packed lunches at school :sick:

Reactions: 2
Cheap white bread makes perfect fried bread though. My occasional fry up treat. I can’t eat it for a sandwich though. Reminds me of packed lunches at school :sick:
Have to say a bacon sarnie on that bread is a real treat as it’s v sugary but definitely not for an every day loaf!

She’s made me think of that expression all fur coat & no knickers. I’m actually a big fan of save in the small stuff so you can afford the stuff you want. But there’s something about the way she does it that I can’t quite put my finger on that I can’t relate to. I wish I could explain it!!!

She’s made me think of that expression all fur coat & no knickers. I’m actually a big fan of save on the small stuff so you can afford the stuff you want. But there’s something about the way she does it that I can’t quite put my finger on that I can’t relate to. I wish I could explain it!!!

Reactions: 3
I get you @Chocolate2008. I would hate the stress of living in such a big expensive house, with the resultant upkeep, while having no savings to speak of. But they don't seem to mind.

I get you @Chocolate2008. I would hate the stress of living in such a big expensive house, with the resultant upkeep, while having no savings to speak of. But they don't seem to mind.
The house looks cold & very cluttered in places.
Recently she’s started to sound resentful about money. She is a talented stylist but if it doesn’t pay that well she or her husband would be better off getting a regular job.

Her sister’s house isn’t completely my style but it looks very comfortable & cosy. I find it a bit odd that her sister sells her kids stuff when she could pass them down to Alex. Maybe she really needs the money but you get very little for kids stuff second hand, it’s not really worth the hassle IMO.

God that bread! I buy it for my kids as they won’t eat nicer (granary/seaded) stuff and it has a bit of wholemeal in it but never touch it myself 😷

And yeah agreed about the mattress. God knows how much on hand wash and wallpaper but a second hand mattress for their toddler 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited as I’ve just looked again and it’s not the 50/50 bread as I originally thought but the proper crappy white stuff! 😂

God that bread! I buy it for my kids as they won’t eat nicer (granary/seaded) stuff and it has a bit of wholemeal in it but never touch it myself 😷

And yeah agreed about the mattress. God knows how much on hand wash and wallpaper but a second hand mattress for their toddler 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited as I’ve just looked again and it’s not the 50/50 bread as I originally thought but the proper crappy white stuff! 😂
That white one is so bad, is what people used to feed pigeons? HAHA maybe she used this for the bacon sandwich only

Reactions: 1
I’m trying to think of everything I can cook on a hob from ikea and a microwave!
Off topic but you could pick up an airfryer for cheap..it's basically a small oven. I rarely use my oven for dinners anymore...I got a cheap one but there's only 2 of us 🙂

Off topic but you could pick up an airfryer for cheap..it's basically a small oven. I rarely use my oven for dinners anymore...I got a cheap one but there's only 2 of us 🙂
yes, tell me about air fryer, I wanted to get one but no one kindly reached out to gift me one. Does it cook well? I hate frying in my kitchen because it makes the floor feel so greasy

It's perfect for anything you'd normally put on a tray in the oven or if you want to make chips, wings etc. It cooks the food via a really hot air so it gets lovely and crispy...I never put oil in it, just a spray of fry light. I use mine a lot anyway and it was one I paid about €36 for but for a family you'd need a bigger one.

Oh brilliant! Thank you! *runs off to google air fryer*

Reactions: 4
I use a small toaster oven to cook a lot of things. It’s economical. Will look into an air fryer.

Now that I think of it, I have only ever seen that child eat chips, nothing else. Actually chips with mayo.

Maybe Peggy is fussy so Alex thinks that's how all kids eat? On her story last night about the mushroom risotto (I don't think they eat much meat) she made a point of saying that Peggy eats it. To be fair, I didn't like mushrooms as a child, but my little boy is 2 and thanks to nursery, he eats pretty much everything. The other day we discovered he likes blue cheese! Since Peggy goes to nursery, I wouldn't have thought that her liking mushroom risotto was noteworthy.

The house looks cold & very cluttered in places.
Recently she’s started to sound resentful about money. She is a talented stylist but if it doesn’t pay that well she or her husband would be better off getting a regular job.

Her sister’s house isn’t completely my style but it looks very comfortable & cosy. I find it a bit odd that her sister sells her kids stuff when she could pass them down to Alex. Maybe she really needs the money but you get very little for kids stuff second hand, it’s not really worth the hassle IMO.
Maybe Alex has the pick of it and anything she doesn’t want her sister figures she can sell - although can’t imagine she makes much back. Probably better to give it to charity?? 🤷‍♀️ I did like her sisters house though. It looks homely!

They eat so much tit I can’t believe it! No wonder they only spend £2 a week on food (exaggeration!)!!!!!! They must be so unhealthy and that little girl could do with a good roast dinner! It seems they live off pasta or anything that’s under £1 to buy!

Reactions: 5
Dr I think lack of decent food can be noted in a child’s complexion granted she is fair bit always looks so pale not playing outside and crap diet springs to mind !

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.