The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Their eating habits are so basic. They don’t have glasses because Chris drinks out of a can - MING!
I thought this was so odd, they’re in their mid 30s....just go and buy some decent glasses so when people come to your house they have something to drink out of

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Gaaad she needs to give this frugal thing a rest - spending a bunch at IKEA after spending thousands on your new home and then saying you’ll stick to a chocolate bar from Lidl - it’s such weird virtue signalling. Basically her only frugal thing is to be cheap about what food they eat. Most people would rather be frugal about everything else but spend whatever extra they can on good quality meat and veg or to go out and eat occasionally, but she weirdly doesn’t seem to care at all about what they eat...
Right! I think she is those people that don’t care about food, she can eat pasta with ketchup and call it a day.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
What kind of kitchen has been designed where your pan drawers can’t even fit an Ikea large frying pan! I have that frying pan and trust me it’s not huge! They are just like students. All fur coat and no knickers!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Am I right to say her kitchen doesn’t have enough storage that she will need for the next few years, after number 2 arrive?

Reactions: 3
she had invisilign- braces a while ago, so maybe she's still wearing the retainers.
Also, I think her skin is so problematic because of her diet- as someone else said previously- they eat like students.

Reactions: 7
I didn't know how to cook properly and always had no food in, until I was pregnant then I learnt to cook and food shop properly. As soon as you have children you need to get your act together. I don't believe they make nutritious meals for Peggy and still eat crap themselves, they all eat rubbish.

Reactions: 6
I really like her still her house is lovely too definitely not frugal by any stretch but it’s so nice . She’s not a twit either .

Reactions: 1
The absolute irony of Alex (on the frugality insta page) doing a story asking people's thoughts on working for free and whether it's ever ok, and showing lots of replies about how it's a barrier to entry for anyone other than rich kids, when she lived in London on £16k in (not sure) 2008, something she could only have done with her wealthy parents' help? And the fashion industry is notorious for unpaid internships and only hiring people who have a wealthy background and can afford to work for a pittance. Where's the self awareness?

(Plus she's moaning about doing her newsletter for free. Newsflash Alex, just because you do one thing that you don't specifically get paid for, doesn't mean you are working for free. It all contributes towards your brand and platform which is what generates you the work and the freebies. Oh yeah, and she's moaning about too many freebies, too. FFS brands! Pay her in cash so she can pay off all the loans she needed to take out to keep living in central london while working in fashion!)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Came here to say this about the newsletter....yes it’s ‘free’ but in turn it drives traffic to her blog/insta etc which she obviously makes decent living from. And how dare they send her free stuff, the cheek 🙄

• Heart
It’s f
Came here to say this about the newsletter....yes it’s ‘free’ but in turn it drives traffic to her blog/insta etc which she obviously makes decent living from. And how dare they send her free stuff, the cheek 🙄
It’s free but how many would actually pay for it? It’s a means for her to hold/increase her followers/attract brands, same as most influencers and their blogs.

Reactions: 3
It’s f

It’s free but how many would actually pay for it? It’s a means for her to hold/increase her followers/attract brands, same as most influencers and their blogs.
Wouldn’t be surprised if she sets up a Patreon account.

Reactions: 2
The newsletter is her most valuable business asset, so it is disingenuous for Alex to say she does it for ‘free’.

Well, maybe not the newsletter itself, but the email addresses of all her subscribers: we’ve seen platforms like MySpace die, TikTok is linked to the Chinese government - if Instagram should implode and disappear overnight, Alex has contact details for her followers. That’s more valuable than even the content on her blog.

No Influencer does something for nothing.

Reactions: 14
they are so out of touch, they think we do everything that is on our JD and we get to clock out at 5.30pm. No in reality, you do more than your JD, we don't get paid for those free work and didn't moan publicly too. They made it sounds like only influencer does free work, on actual fact, almost all Tom, Dick and Harry do too.

Reactions: 8
“,..when you get complaints about a service you don’t charge for”, does she mean the marketing tool she uses to increase traffic to her sites which brand
take into account when they decide to work with her?!

I think she’s a bit delusional about how much the work she does is actually worth. She’s a skilled stylist but doesn’t seem to have any other qualifications. Many many people in the creative industry have more talent & education & I’d assume don’t earn as much e,g. artists & musicians.

I used to really like her, now I think she seems spoiled & entitled.

Reactions: 11
I should qualify the above by saying I do think she has a point to an extent. Companies shouldn’t abuse interns for free labour. That said, I wouldn’t have gotten some of the internships I did if they were paid. I saw someone comment that people didn’t expect to pay for her services as a graphic designer. That’s not right.

However, when she takes the initial point & then applies it to her newsletter she loses me. She also responded to someone who flagged free overtime in the NHS that’s it’s not just the creative industry. You think?!

“,..when you get complaints about a service you don’t charge for”, does she mean the marketing tool she uses to increase traffic to her sites which brand
take into account when they decide to work with her?!

I think she’s a bit delusional about how much the work she does is actually worth. She’s a skilled stylist but doesn’t seem to have any other qualifications. Many many people in the creative industry have more talent & education & I’d assume don’t earn as much e,g. artists & musicians.

I used to really like her, now I think she seems spoiled & entitled.
I used to like her until I had a strange DM exchange with her. I sent a polite and genuinely balanced comment (trying to look at both sides of something) and got a really rude, snappy response. I was pretty staggered and since then I’ve seen her in a totally different light.

• Heart
I find her quite hard faced and hostile. Particularly when followers don’t agree with her views.

I think she is a fantastic stylist, but gosh she can be petulant if followers don’t follow the Instagram etiquette she has constructed in her head.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I don't know why she doesn't get back into the styling work. Surely that's got to be more stable and have more longevity than being an influencer.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.