The frugality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She also posted the other day how she doesn’t really like having to look after Peggy every day as it’s hard work....so not sure adding another into the mix will help with that
To be fair, Peggy does look like extremely hard work. She’s a quirky and demanding little girl from what we are shown.

Reactions: 1
Fair enough. I think she looks more spirited than the average toddler, but I’m not going to write a laundry list. Maybe it’s a first child thing and it’s been a long time since my first child was born. We all notice different things. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Could also be because she’s cooped up indoors all day while their garden is a building site and there’s so much stuff in the house she just can run about and expend her energy?

Reactions: 4
I think she’s definitely preg again especially in these latest photos. Not surprised she hasn’t announced anything after what happened. That’s exciting for them! Hopefully they can sort their house quickly and actually have room and money for a new baby 😕

Reactions: 17
I think she’s definitely preg again especially in these latest photos. Not surprised she hasn’t announced anything after what happened. That’s exciting for them! Hopefully they can sort their house quickly and actually have room and money for a new baby 😕
Yep I'd say so too!

Yep, Just seen the photo. Don’t everyone jump down my neck, but I would have waited until my house was completed and I was financially stable before trying for another baby. Their kitchen is in their living room at the moment! (I know that is only temporary)

Reactions: 6
I think they are financially stable and the whole can't afford anything is just part of their angle/a way to appear "woke" and relatable. Pretty sure they wouldn't be able to undertake a large kitchen renovation employing London builders (who won't be cheap) if they were on the breadline.

Reactions: 12
Yeah I agree. Also, if she lost the babies last year and went through the trauma maybe they weren’t sure when they’d be able to conceive and just wanted to get on with it. That’s how I’d feel anyway!

Reactions: 6
I think they are financially stable and the whole can't afford anything is just part of their angle/a way to appear "woke" and relatable. Pretty sure they wouldn't be able to undertake a large kitchen renovation employing London builders (who won't be cheap) if they were on the breadline.
😳 do you think?

I agree, I don’t think they’re nearly as broke as they make out.

Reactions: 8
I don't follow her closely shall we say..... However I'm looking at her and thinking she may be pregnant again.... Alot of loose fitting dresses. I know she lost a baby a while back but looking at her I think she may be expecting again. Has she mentioned it? I skip thru alot of her stuff. 🤷🏼‍♀️
See the pictures today. I think she definitely is but probably being cautious in announcing it due to her losses earlier in the year

😳 do you think?
Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not :D but yes, I'm sure it's just part of their MO. Houses in that area were going for around £700k at the time they bought theirs (I think someone mentioned this earlier upthread) and they've invested quite a bit doing it up so far. People who are skint don't buy furniture from Habitat and Loaf, don't go on several holidays a year, don't paint their walls with F&B and don't buy houses in that price range. Not criticising them for it and maybe they're feeling the pinch a little at present but I think it's obvious they're not poor.

Reactions: 19
Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not :D but yes, I'm sure it's just part of their MO. Houses in that area were going for around £700k at the time they bought theirs (I think someone mentioned this earlier upthread) and they've invested quite a bit doing it up so far. People who are skint don't buy furniture from Habitat and Loaf, don't go on several holidays a year, don't paint their walls with F&B and don't buy houses in that price range. Not criticising them for it and maybe they're feeling the pinch a little at present but I think it's obvious they're not poor.
Sorry, I was being genuine 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
She has lost a baby, there is never really a right time. I wish her a happy & healthy pregnancy. Babies don't need too much space in the first few months anyway. Her builders have started back so hopefully they will be done before a baby starts moving about.

Reactions: 8
She has lost a baby, there is never really a right time. I wish her a happy & healthy pregnancy. Babies don't need too much space in the first few months anyway. Her builders have started back so hopefully they will be done before a baby starts moving about.
Well said

I agree that she’s not ‘poor’ or skint in the true sense but as I’ve said before, it’s all relative and she‘s probably less well off than her peers, siblings etc and so that makes her feel ‘poor’. I get the feeling she’s used to the finer things in life and her household income just can’t quite stretch to them, though it buys her a nice standard of living. She’s said before that they compromised by buying where they did because they couldn’t afford to buy what they wanted, where they wanted (where they live is perfectly fine but no means ‘aspirational’). Her version of ‘skint’ isn’t necessarily yours or mine. The student-style eating is interesting though. They seem to be very keen to save money on food. I assume some of this is linked to the costs of the building work they’re having done.

She’s probably got all/most of the stuff from Peggy anyway, so equipment and clothing isn’t going to be an extra cost. If they’re that stretched for immediate cash they can use a sling for the baby and a buggy for Peggy rather than buying a double. It’d be easier on London public transport too.

She definitely looks to have a big bump in the most recent shots.

Defo living at the limit of their means. Also suspect they have done the self-employed thing - pay off a chunk of mortgage and then borrow against the house. Lucrative if you live somewhere with property price rises and it is better for tax. Think they have probably realised they aren’t getting the income in to pay off against the property and had borrowed against it for the kitchen. So they will be scaling back and I think she is good at that. She obviously values the house she lives in. I live in an ugly box up north to have more disposable income 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.