Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Libertine

VIP Member
The newsletter is her most valuable business asset, so it is disingenuous for Alex to say she does it for ‘free’.

Well, maybe not the newsletter itself, but the email addresses of all her subscribers: we’ve seen platforms like MySpace die, TikTok is linked to the Chinese government - if Instagram should implode and disappear overnight, Alex has contact details for her followers. That’s more valuable than even the content on her blog.

No Influencer does something for nothing.

Reactions: 14

carriexbradshaw

Why do we need to see her naked bump? What's the need? 🙄

When are these influencers going to realise that we don't give a shit about their bumps! Really pisses me off, because I bet you there's some poor pregnant woman out their hating her body late on in pregnancy and then they see someone like Alex posing on a bed with a perfect bump 🤦‍♀️ influencers will do anything for the 'gram!

Reactions: 14

Lovelivelie

Find it odd in her Whitstable guide she’s recommended places that they never tried, just ate their packed lunches and fish and chips. Too tight to spend a few quid on a meal but happy to use other people’s recommendations to make money
Yeah its so weird! I could just go ahead and write a bloody guide to Dubai then (somewhere I haven't been), because I can just google and ask recommendations for places to eat. Lazy bitch and also grates on me that they got a free couple of nights stay but didn't even want to give back to the local economy. If they're that skint then just don't go!

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Libertine

VIP Member
I wouldn’t use a secondhand mattress for a child but I suppose I don’t call myself The Frugality, either. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
She has really weird priorities for sure.

Also, it was self catering accommodation - wouldn't it be more unusual to not buy your own food? Who goes on a self catering holiday and expects to eat out for every single meal? She's like a rich person pretending to be poor. Sometimes it borders on offensive.

Hi! I’ve never posted here before but love to read about your views on The Frugality. Your comments over her attitude to money and debt v’s the preachy way she tries to ‘teach’ her audience really gets my goat! I’ve moaned to my (uninterested) other half but decided I need to join in!
As someone commented, how can you have credit card debt for renovations (irresponsible imo but sometimes things happen) and yet be taking on new wardrobes? I can’t comprehend it! How dare she be opinionated on ‘managing our finances’ when she has such an immature attitude towards them herself? It’s so weird!! Small rant over...thank you, ha ha!

Dina2Dina

I do like Alex. I met her once, she is very nice but we have different views on childrens clothing and shoes. My daughter comes before anything in the house or for us and we pay for new shoes from Clark's as and when she needs them. We are not well off but we make sure we give our daughter new fitted shoes. I'm personally not a fan of second hand shoes for kids. We are privileged to be in this position to make that choice, but so is Alex.

• Heart

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
The absolute irony of Alex (on the frugality insta page) doing a story asking people's thoughts on working for free and whether it's ever ok, and showing lots of replies about how it's a barrier to entry for anyone other than rich kids, when she lived in London on £16k in (not sure) 2008, something she could only have done with her wealthy parents' help? And the fashion industry is notorious for unpaid internships and only hiring people who have a wealthy background and can afford to work for a pittance. Where's the self awareness?

(Plus she's moaning about doing her newsletter for free. Newsflash Alex, just because you do one thing that you don't specifically get paid for, doesn't mean you are working for free. It all contributes towards your brand and platform which is what generates you the work and the freebies. Oh yeah, and she's moaning about too many freebies, too. FFS brands! Pay her in cash so she can pay off all the loans she needed to take out to keep living in central london while working in fashion!)

• Heart

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
Peggy’s room is all about Alex. It’s all about showing us the diverse range of books she picks for Peggy, the ‘interesting’ bits on shelves, the prints on the wall that are more suited to an adult room, the arranged cushions.

How about having a bookshelf at a level Peggy can reach, toys within Her reach, prints on the wall that aren’t all about empowerment/strong girls type messages ?

Taco Cat

She sees herself as frugal because she buys yellow sticker food sometimes, doesn't buy many new clothes and saves up to get work done on the house. Like 95% of us then. She should be called 'The Normality'.

• Haha
  • Heart

Freebies_come2me

VIP Member
I am sorry, there is one thing about being frugal and there is another thing called supporting small local businesses when you have the means. Buying a 29 pound tree and get a 20 voucher is very genius, but this year more than ever we need to support our local tree farms or local tree sellers because in 20 years time, I don’t see our kids experiencing this kind of tradition anymore if we don’t step up. Also how much do we think the tree growers get paid by Ikea? FFS walk around Wood Green and buy a fucking tree from the local because you can afford!!

• Heart

Debarkle

Chatty Member
“I usually use a CC cream but I won’t today and I won’t name the brand as they have limited shades” this is not activism or inclusivity and has really annoyed me? If you really cared you would throw it away and buy a more inclusive brand - not just not use it on the day you film yourself putting on make up so you don’t lose woke points.

Reactions: 12

Squirrelfriend

Chatty Member
I like her she seems like a nice woman but fuck me she needs to stop pretending she is frugal .. is she fuck her house would be about 5 times the amount of normal people’s houses . She is very privileged she really needs to drop the frugal angle .

• Heart

Bouncedflounced

Neither child’s name would be something I’d pick. But if everyone liked and had the same names life would be boring and confusing.

snarksnark

Chatty Member
And keeping costs down by bringing their own food. Err what costs?
I’ve just come on to comment on exactly the same. This totally boils my piss - how fucking dare she go on about a frugal holiday when the bloody (expensive) accommodation is free!!!

Elsass

Chatty Member
Ooh her latest stories have rubbed me the wrong way. “We don’t have a garden” darling you do have a garden you pushed ahead with building work knowing that the country was about to go into lockdown and you could easily sort yourself a spot to sit out there regardless. Check your privilege is a phrase she should applying to her daily life. She’s not frugal at all

I don't get the obsession with what she eats. Who wants to be looking after a newborn and cooking meals too? Unless cooking is your happy place. So many people on Instagram are performative with their food, in terms of what they eat and how they prepare it that I prefer to see someone being honest about what they actually eat. Lots of people like 'take out crap'. That's okay.
Probably because she always shared her meal plans (when she’s not just had a baby) and how they only spend £25 a week on food....but yet no one can actually work out what they eat, or give to Peggy. They regularly eat out (according to the meal plan she’s shared) but never include that spend, probably because it’s free. She’s also always plugging the oddbox thing, which she fails to include in her weekly spend (so another £20 a week for those that have to pay for a box of potatoes and onions) so actually their spend is nothing like what she claims. The reality is they eat soup and pot noodles and no one can understand what they actually live on as it’s nothing like what an average family would eat/spend. She’s offering up tips but in reality they’re of little use to anyone

• Heart