Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
On more than one post….shes been deleting comments on the Anya post as she told everyone the wrong time and it was sold out, so can imagine she’ll be knackered deleting all the negative comments on her latest post

Reactions: 2
Anyone looking at her gift guides and thinking how depressing. I haven’t seen one thing I’d want to spend my money on (and definitely not the fucking knitted bonnet) it’s all so meh

zetta buttons

VIP Member
Ok, I had no strong feelings on pockets til Mr Uber bought me a Soho House dressing gown for Christmas. It’s been a source of irritation as it has (a) no pockets and (b) the belt ropes are started/fixed at the back of your waist so you basically can’t sit on a toilet with it on as there’s a very good chance the ropes will fall in the water. I had no idea how annoying no pockets were.

I’ve persevered for nearly a whole year. At the same time I seemed to acquire a few pairs of pyjamas with no pockets. The ones that really pissed me off were our xmas ones where my husband got a draw cord and pockets, but my identically priced women’s ones had neither.

I have a toddler who wants to be carried a lot. I also like cups of tea and my mobile phone. You need pockets at this stage of life. Here ends my lesson on pockets.

However I won’t be buying any Alex recommends as like with everything she does, they’ll be a bit shit, really overpriced, or form over function.
Dressing gowns deffo need pockets. What horror of a company makes them without?

(Apologies for pocketgate- I’m talking about when we have them in EVERYTHING, not everything needs them, but some key items do. It’s the role of the company to realise what we need pockets in! Cos are most to blame. They whack pockets in all their stuff so everything looks bulky on the hips)

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
In fairness, it’s a lovely coat and she will get years of wear out of it. The colour really suits her, I think.

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
Agree! I like my share of pricey brands, though I usually find them on sale on Vinted, but I also don’t pretend to be “frugal” or so poor that I can’t afford sourdough. And I spend money on other people too!
You mean you don’t just gift post office candles tied together with ribbon that someone wrapped your last birthday present with?!

• Haha

BillieR

Chatty Member
I did not believe you and I RAN to companies house. Wow her accountants are rubbish, no need to disclose profit or dividends for a company that size but they have done. Her accounts are way better than Alex’s (though we will see the frugality’s latest ones soon). And I’m sure Alex and Dopey are indeed raking it in, just not quite to that extent.
When you say rubbish what exactly does that mean? For someone who has no idea about accounting

AllTheGinJoints

VIP Member
Her under a tenner gift guide is a joke. I don’t know about the rest of you but I’d be pretty bloody miffed if someone gave me a box of matches for Christmas!
---
Her latest newsletter also has an appearance by Saffie, a “social media content editor”. Employed by Alex??