The Frugality #5 Weeks and months to tile a floor, we love to cosplay being poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I live very near there so have noticed the MASSIVE PR campaign they’re undertaking. Handing out freebie stays left right and centre

Reactions: 3
I read that as her trying to be a bit informative and helpful like a travel guide saying that ‘fyi you need a car if you come here in order to get around’ rather than saying that they don’t have a car so couldn’t get around.

Agree the caption on the post is awful. All I get from it is that they went away and don’t be fooled by the nice pics as it was an awful time and they were all sick. Doesn’t even clarify that the sickness was unconnected to the stay so wasn’t as a result of food poisoning or anything. I’d be fuming if I was the business who had paid for the post and given the free stay.

Reactions: 11
Ah! If they do have a car then that was one weird caption. Who goes for a freebie self catering stay in the country and thinks “I’d better consider those of my followers who don’t have a car”? You wouldn’t go to a place like that without a car would you? (Clearly I thought Alex would 🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
They went to the garden centre recently and she had to walk home as there was no room in their car for her and the plants.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Have I got this right , the kids and Chris got the virus at the holiday let?
I’m not sure….I suspect that one of the kids probably picked it up before they went. It’s not clear though and you could easily assume that they got it from there. I also hope they scrubbed that place with bleach (doubtful) as the lucky people that actually paid £300 a night for their holiday are now probably all coming down with norovirus….

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Have I got this right , the kids and Chris got the virus at the holiday let?
Having a nursery aged child I imagine it’ll be from nursery, it takes a few days to incubate before norovirus decides to bless your family with projectile vomit. I cannot stress enough just how terrible it is. We had it recently and I was doing 5 wash loads a day, putting 2 cot sheets on top of the mattress protector so I could just whip one off easily. Sleeping on towels so I could just scrunch it up sick and all and deal with it in the morning. Having to use the carpet cleaning machine on every form of upholstery in the house. Stripping the sofa and washing the covers. I would honestly leave in the middle of the night if we were on a mini break and norovirus struck.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Having a nursery aged child I imagine it’ll be from nursery, it takes a few days to incubate before norovirus decides to bless your family with projectile vomit. I cannot stress enough just how terrible it is. We had it recently and I was doing 5 wash loads a day, putting 2 cot sheets on top of the mattress protector so I could just whip one off easily. Sleeping on towels so I could just scrunch it up sick and all and deal with it in the morning. Having to use the carpet cleaning machine on every form of upholstery in the house. Stripping the sofa and washing the covers. I would honestly leave in the middle of the night if we were on a mini break and norovirus struck.
Sounds as grim as it can get 🤢.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Sounds as grim as it can get 🤢.
Honestly it’s horrific 😂 I’m still too raw from our most recent experience that every little cough is heart stopping for fear of the toddler food tsunami that’s about to come flooding out. To make things even harder I’ve caught it both times too & had to speed vom in the night as my daughter would freak out that I’d left the bed (we cosleep).

But on topic I wouldn’t feel comfortable producing that level of highly pungent bodily fluid in a #gifted #PR stay I would still flee in the night and tell them it’s for their/their upholstery’s own good!

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Norovirus is absolutely horrendous esp with 2 kids. She’s so lucky she didn’t catch it and had to deal with ill children whilst feeling like death herself (been there, done that 😩) I very much doubt they bleached the place but let’s hope they told the hotel (and not just by way of that post!) so that the cleaning staff could disinfect.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I know there is no need to quarantine anymore but if you have kids with covid or if your household have covid, maybe be a decent person and stay at home instead of doing drop off or have any contact with others. I feel uncomfortable knowing that they are passing the whatever drop off to a 3rd party.

So their recycle bin is in the office. This is why you should always plan for additional storage when renovating, or you ended up with bins and baskets all over
03985277-8054-4279-89C6-991A3D8B6E12.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.