The Frugality #5 Weeks and months to tile a floor, we love to cosplay being poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Only doing the glasses every other week now as she’s struggling for content….who wants to break it to her that she’s been struggling for months….

And a mini-break….assume that’s a freebie and we’ll be treated to frugal tips such as eat crisps for dinner….

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Only doing the glasses every other week now as she’s struggling for content….who wants to break it to her that she’s been struggling for months….

And a mini-break….assume that’s a freebie and we’ll be treated to frugal tips such as eat crisps for dinner….
Only if they came with the drink. 😉

On a side note her baby boy is insanely gorgeous & I love Peggy’s Whistles blouse. She has a great personal life - she seems very happily married, two healthy kids, parents still alive, close to her sister.

Reactions: 8

I am the person that refill it with cheap soap. I didn’t ask for one, I was gifted one

• Haha
Ffs I love sezane why does she keep getting it for free!!! It’s so unfair 😳😂😳
Oh come on. Can’t we applaud the hard work she’s done in accepting a near £200 dress in helping her ‘find herself’? Gorgeous (Altho vaguely ethical at least) gifted freebies from an exclusive brand who don’t offer particularly inclusive sizing considering it’s 2022, has magically helped her feel like her again.

Such work.
Such soul searching.
Such self acceptance.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Oh come on. Can’t we applaud the hard work she’s done in accepting a near £200 dress in helping her ‘find herself’? Gorgeous (Altho vaguely ethical at least) gifted freebies from an exclusive brand who don’t offer particularly inclusive sizing considering it’s 2022, has magically helped her feel like her again.

Such work.
Such soul searching.
Such self acceptance.
I'm just so happy for her.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Such work.
Such soul searching.
Such self acceptance.
Hahaha I could happily accept it all for free as well 😂😂

Reactions: 1
Sorry but I’m still on the flowers. Another aspect I find galling is that flowers wrapped in brown paper is cosplaying that they are from a local independent florist. Which costs more because they are a small business and don’t have the supply chain / buying power of multinational supermarkets. If you can’t / won’t support small business in any particular aspect that’s fine but don’t ape their presentation to elevate yourself socially, it’s bullshit. Yet when Alex is flogging meal planners and matches it’s all #supportsmallbiz. One rule for me…

• Heart
Reactions: 32
The ‘big shed’ is like a rabbit hutch?! I don’t get it. Why is everything so tiny? I understand they have a small London garden so lateral space is at premium but that doesn’t explain why they’ve got such a low slung shed? Go for tall stuff with a smaller footprint.

The point about the abundance of black tiles in direct sunlight is an excellent one and doesn’t seem to be one that has been considered by the O’Dopeys. I think they’re back garden is North facing, so that’s a blessing where those tiles are concerned, they won’t be as much of a heat sink as they would be in a sunnier garden but they’ll still warm up.

Reactions: 6
Everything is literally about how it looks with her. The faux florist flowers, the multiple mini sheds, the tat around the house. I’m at a stage in life where I’m buying stuff that makes my life easier and it feels so good - I can’t imagine buying things just because they look nice (unless they’re decorative of course). Surely practicality comes first?

• Heart
I’ve just spotted my they’re/their typo 🤨. Annoying. Sorry about that.

The ‘big shed’ is like a rabbit hutch?! I don’t get it. Why is everything so tiny? I understand they have a small London garden so lateral space is at premium but that doesn’t explain why they’ve got such a low slung shed? Go for tall stuff with a smaller footprint.

The point about the abundance of black tiles in direct sunlight is an excellent one and doesn’t seem to be one that has been considered by the O’Dopeys. I think they’re back garden is North facing, so that’s a blessing where those tiles are concerned, they won’t be as much of a heat sink as they would be in a sunnier garden but they’ll still warm up.

Reactions: 1
I think Alex’s idea of affordable is “I got it for free”. £300/night self catering isn’t that cheap nor affordable.
As a business how fuming would you be that this was all she had to share on a fully comped weekend stay? Here are some pics alongside a brief explanation that we spent the weekend here shitting and vomiting.

Tbh brands deserve it for this stupid nil ROI activity.

Reactions: 12
Here she goes again…like the ‘affordable’ hotel in Rome that was £££. Not to Alex…everything is affordable when it’s free…

Working days….duck me 🙄
I work in a fancy pants office. Tomorrow I’m going to take a few pictures of the coffee dock log off and call it a “working day”

I guess I knew they didn’t have a car, but this still surprised me. I can’t imagine getting the train everywhere with 2 kids. I bet they’re the type who beg for lifts all the time off people who pay to run a car. But explains how she stays slim despite the carb heavy diet.

Attachments

Reactions: 2
I guess I knew they didn’t have a car, but this still surprised me. I can’t imagine getting the train everywhere with 2 kids. I bet they’re the type who beg for lifts all the time off people who pay to run a car. But explains how she stays slim despite the carb heavy diet.
Can you not easily hire cars for short periods in London. I thought it was standard practice.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.