The Frugality #4 I spy with my little eye a secret second storey reaching up to the sky.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loving the pan chat! I'm off to Sainsbury's to get one now, thanks for the influencing đź’…

• Heart
Reactions: 8
See Alex is ebaying clothes and then sending the cash to Ukraine.
I suspect what she is selling is gifted stuff so no actual lose of money to her.
Just bloody donate some money

Reactions: 8
See Alex is ebaying clothes and then sending the cash to Ukraine.
I suspect what she is selling is gifted stuff so no actual lose of money to her.
Just bloody donate some money
Is she saying basically she has NO spare income to donate? The many trips to Tiger and free “influencer” lunches beg to differ 🤢🙄

Reactions: 7
It annoys me stuff like this - I couldn't eBay my clothes because I buy cheaper non-branded items and wear them to death. 'The jumper is old' means I probably bought it 2009 rather than October last year.

I have an Aldi Cruseut dupe casserole and it’s up to the job a month or so in . Sits on top of a stove well and copes fine in the oven , £25 well spent so far.

Reactions: 2
We have an our place pan, it was given to us a present. It’s ok, the non stick is good but you can’t buy anything more than a medium heat under it otherwise it’ll loose the non stick. And it definitely doesn’t replace all the pots it claims to. Pleased I didn’t part with my own money for it and certainly not at the full price
Also she claimed that pan was given to them as a gift from her parents….

Reactions: 3
Please follow the hashtag #printmakersagainstwar on Instagram, as so many of us are selling our art for fundraisers. I’m not sure if this goes against Tattle rules, but I am donating 50% of proceeds from my botanical cards. Please feel free to share.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Please follow the hashtag #printmakersagainstwar on Instagram, as so many of us are selling our art for fundraisers. I’m not sure if this goes against Tattle rules, but I am donating 50% of proceeds from my botanical cards. Please feel free to share.

Be careful of doxing yourself hun as some influencers (Sali Hughes) get really nasty. Thank you for the hashtag about to take a look, definitely worth creating your own thread about this? x

Be careful of doxing yourself hun as some influencers (Sali Hughes) get really nasty. Thank you for the hashtag about to take a look, definitely worth creating your own thread about this? x
Thank you so much! I really hope no
one would be that nasty though … This is after all an appeal for a humanitarian aid fundraiser.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thank you so much! I really hope no
one would be that nasty though … This is after all an appeal for a humanitarian aid fundraiser.
Sadly I don’t think they care, I know this is Alex’s thread so sorry to derail (and in fairness she doesn’t come across as actively nasty at all so this isn’t saying *she* would do any of this!) but there’s been some really nasty shenanigans on other threads. Jack Monroe sent a legal letter to an ex school friend who spilt the most inconsequential tea going, Sali Hughes had the sex offender/actual p*do husband of her mate India Knight threatening to go round and punch people, Clemmie Hooper used to go through people’s Facebooks liking pics of their kids, they’re all unhinged sociopaths I think it’s why they’re okay selling tit to largely vulnerable women xx

Reactions: 12
Sadly I don’t think they care, I know this is Alex’s thread so sorry to derail (and in fairness she doesn’t come across as actively nasty at all so this isn’t saying *she* would do any of this!) but there’s been some really nasty shenanigans on other threads. Jack Monroe sent a legal letter to an ex school friend who spilt the most inconsequential tea going, Sali Hughes had the sex offender/actual p*do husband of her mate India Knight threatening to go round and punch people, Clemmie Hooper used to go through people’s Facebooks liking pics of their kids, they’re all unhinged sociopaths I think it’s why they’re okay selling tit to largely vulnerable women xx
I thought it was Sali who went through people’s FB and Insta accounts liking pictures of their kids. Or maybe it was both of them. Whatever, it’s creepy and disturbed.

I thought it was Sali who went through people’s FB and Insta accounts liking pictures of their kids. Or maybe it was both of them. Whatever, it’s creepy and disturbed.
Defs Clemmie too, there were women on her thread who’d had it done to them. She was quite a spiteful witch really, obvs in addition to the racism, like going for people in the comments sections of Sly’s tit campaigns? Remember the £1k BBQ where they suggested that it was normal expenditure for their audience/them? Now he’s whinging about £20 lead testing kits and crying about affording a holiday and the #renos in a B&Q car park, couldn’t have happened to a nicer family tbh 🥰

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The story today with Chris stocking up on freebie snacks in some office after a meeting - cringe!!
I’m not surprised by that. It’s the same level as having boxes and boxes of mini toiletries she’s picked from hotels (which she has said they do) and I bet they are the sort to make up a sandwich for lunch from the hotel breakfast.

Reactions: 11
And other influencers went to the Bobbi Brown x Smart Works breakfast and managed to actually share what the purpose is, not just show off images of flowers & goody bags like Alex. Eg this from Liv Purvis

CC2F1DFB-B869-4DA7-BCAD-830CBE5A5E31.jpeg

I don’t think Alex even mentioned the product?! Do your job hun

A8F66EB7-BC30-43CA-B51D-E3FE853C8B41.jpeg

I wonder if at these Press/PR events she’s filling her boots with whatever’s on offer? Might not be such a good look in front of her industry pals

Reactions: 5
I also despair a bit at these events. I wish they’d just put the money back into the charity rather then entertaining a bunch of privileged influencers who’ll never need their services. We have one local to us and I’ve donated a fair few bits to them, however I may have to rethink that if this is their strategy, dolling out freebies to these dossers who can’t even be arsed to explain what the charity is about and just want a free feed 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I also despair a bit at these events. I wish they’d just put the money back into the charity rather then entertaining a bunch of privileged influencers who’ll never need their services. We have one local to us and I’ve donated a fair few bits to them, however I may have to rethink that if this is their strategy, dolling out freebies to these dossers who can’t even be arsed to explain what the charity is about and just want a free feed 🙄
Hear, hear.

I really rate Erica Davies. She’s thoughtful in what she posts, interesting, entertaining and her ads are considered (except the bra ad which should never be spoken of again).

But I’d far prefer to see Erica hosting a room of women who are overcoming adversity and actually using the charity’s services.

Then all the luvvies who are soooo supportive could still share images on IG, even without a goody bag, right? Right?!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.