The Frugality #4 I spy with my little eye a secret second storey reaching up to the sky.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The rancid crust off that pan is probably walking itself off and down the drain after sitting neglected in the kitchen they live in for two days!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I thought the great parcel posting multi tasker would be on top of basic cleanliness what with all the time she saves 🤷🏻‍♀️

Why do influencers think these details are endearing? Hannah Gale’s always wanging on about picking her clothes up off the floor and putting them back on.

Reactions: 8
Has Alex ever mentioned her tattle thread? I feel like she has NO clue how she comes across

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Seems like the ‘frugal’ option here is to not buy the bloody pot in the first place.

In fact the frugal option in all instances is not to buy something just because an influencer is advertising it.

And that’s the paradox of Alex’s Insta life/career really - how can she genuinely promote a frugal approach to consumption, whilst she’s simultaneously shilling whatever brand will send her a paycheque?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I was so tempted by one of those pans, but haven’t found anyone who has actually bought one with their own money which I thought was very questionable. They are all #gifted.

Reactions: 13
I was so tempted by one of those pans, but haven’t found anyone who has actually bought one with their own money which I thought was very questionable. They are all #gifted.
I was tempted too but I also realised that they were just being pushed by influencers and no one had actually bought one off their own back to review.
They look nice but don’t seem to be any different than the big standard non stick deep pan.

Reactions: 4
It was the same with the ooni pizza oven, we’d have 100% bought one if it wasn’t for seeing SO many of them gifted. The price of gifting product & influencer gifts is always going to be baked into the price of a product (as all marketing and HO costs would be!) and I don’t rly fancy basically sponsoring middle class families to get freebies?

It was the same with a plant company I used lots, they were crowd sourcing investment then giving away hundreds and hundreds of plants to influencers? Like if you’re in the infancy of your biz that you’re crowd funding for warehouse space you can’t afford influencer gifting sweeties!

Reactions: 8
Why does she always have to slip in how piss poor they are at adulting? Why on earth would you let people know you waited 2 days to do your dishes?
Yeah and to add to the pretty poor real life actual reviews from people who use their own money, leaving crud stuck to pots for ages helps the cooking surface and non-stick coating deteriorate faster, duh. I mean, look after your stuff whether you pay for it or not. In fact, duck it - look after it MORE when it’s a gift so as not to insult the giver?! And so you don’t end up having to still use your own money to replace it and undoing the ‘saving’ of having bagged a freebie! Sheesh

Reactions: 5
Sainsbury's do a great Le Creuset copy for about £25. Oven proof, non-stick, use over high heat. Had mine for a couple of years - lovely to cook with and it still looks brand new.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Why would you advertise that you left a non
stick pan soaking for two days?🤔. And, a pan that you were trying to earn a commission on?

Sainsbury's do a great Le Creuset copy for about £25. Oven proof, non-stick, use over high heat. Had mine for a couple of years - lovely to cook with and it still looks brand new.
I've spotted these and was wondering what they were like, really want a Le Creuset but am struggling to justify spending £245 for one.

Aldi also do great cast iron Le Crueset copies (although it looks like they only have the smaller size in stock atm). I’ve only used mine a handful of times so can’t comment yet on longevity but happy so far.

And for cast aluminium, the Masterclass brand on Amazon is good. Ive had my masterclass pot for a few years now and use it all the time for baking bread etc. Under £30.

Reactions: 2
I had a regular (not non stick) Le Creuset, given as a present and it drove me nuts. It was very heavy and stuff kept sticking on the bottom and it became discoloured. I flogged it on Gumtree.

Reactions: 2
Was also going to suggest Tk Maxx! If you went enough times you could get a whole le creuset collection. I have a big cast iron one from ProCook which is brilliant and a fraction of the price.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.