The Frugality #3 content is free, don’t care if it’s drivel, shopping in Sainsbury’s, pretending it’s Lidl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The way she talks about re-wearing clothes (UM HELLO HOW IS THIS EVEN A THING UNLESS YOU’RE A REAL LIFE PRINCESS OR MADONNA) and using up leftover spices (UM HELLO SPICES AREN’T LEFTOVERS YOU JOKER THE’YRE JUST A THING THAT PERMENANTLY INHABIT ADULTS CUPBOARDS) makes me feel like she’s a cyborg pretending to be a human but who hasn’t quite been programmed right. Or maybe just a massive narcissist who thinks the utter mundane movements of her mundane life are somehow unique and thus newsworthy. Madness.
Im not entirely convinced she’s not trolling us 😂

Reactions: 2
Im not entirely convinced she’s not trolling us 😂
Same, no one could be so bitter when they are making a living good enough to support a family of 4 in London by basically talking into a phone and getting free items

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Africa posted something of a privileged couple who had help explaining how they moved out of a flat in Essex into an Insta mama Victorian property in London by saying okay we lived at home and saved £x and were gifted £y, sold flat for £p had £q for a deposit, moved into next house same numbers, moved up into the next house. Alex is the opposite of this - she’s busy pretending she’s pinching pennies to pay for extensions when she’s got what appears to be a 30-40% LTV through gifted cash! 😳 maybe Africa is just keeping it cute with her… imagine she’s clocked her for what she is tho.
It always makes me cringe slightly when I see Alex tag thevitamindproject. She's a world apart from Alex and the other instahuns. Has her own distinctive style instead of copycat f&b and genuinely recognises how fortunate she and her family are to have got where they are now, entirely off their own backs. Not that they shouldn't be actual friends of course, I just don't see that Africa wouldn't see through her.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I just don't see that Africa wouldn't see through her.
Same, I love how Africa calls out bullshit when she sees it & respect her defining her boundaries. I really like her, but as a white woman can’t imagine the tit she has to navigate in the Insta mamasphere so not passing judgment on her fraternising with these sorts at all, but would love to be a fly on the wall for when she gets home and offloads to husband 😂

Reactions: 4
The way she talks about re-wearing clothes (UM HELLO HOW IS THIS EVEN A THING UNLESS YOU’RE A REAL LIFE PRINCESS OR MADONNA) and using up leftover spices (UM HELLO SPICES AREN’T LEFTOVERS YOU JOKER THE’YRE JUST A THING THAT PERMENANTLY INHABIT ADULTS CUPBOARDS) makes me feel like she’s a cyborg pretending to be a human but who hasn’t quite been programmed right. Or maybe just a massive narcissist who thinks the utter mundane movements of her mundane life are somehow unique and thus newsworthy. Madness.
I bet she means leftover spices from all the food delivery boxes she has been GIFTED.

Reactions: 3
Showing her ‘discovered covered over fireplace‘ in her spare room today and how she moved it to middle of room. Carefully edited to conceal the fact that she also extended the room at the same time. Very strange that she‘s doing this as the room was so small before, there was really nowhere to move the fireplace to or to fit wardrobes, add in a sofa-bed and other random furniture.

Reactions: 7
Also her ridiculous black painted fence. It looks terrible and has already faded.
The tiles timeline has killed me

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I am working class. I grew up on a council estate. I live in a working class town. The way all the people on here talk about money and wealth and their personal struggles absolutely blows my mind because I am so far from any of that. I have never and will never see that kind of money or the lifestyles of all the people on this thread.

I have followed Alex for a few years because I liked her fashion and (I now know I'm the minority haha) I liked her home decor. HOWEVER! I absolutely knew from day 1 she was not poor/not well off, and could see she had money despite "the frugality".

She ain't kidding any of us genuine frugal, working class folk and never has!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
There is nothing chic about that meal planner - I could do better in canva and I have zero graphic design skills! I’d be very curious to know how much they’re charging for that!!

The tiling and fence don’t look great; I think it’s been said before, but those tiles will get hot in the sun.

Dear God the matches nonsense starts again. Of course poor little Alex “has” to do it all herself from home. It’s just so random!

• Haha
The meal planner reminds me of a magazine my mother used to read,- Women’s Weekly, I think. The font used for ‘Weekly’ on the planner is the same as font used on ‘Women’s Weekly title.

Does anyone really use those planners after the first week or so?? Her’s doesn’t even have a shopping list section, though I suppose she doesn’t actually Shop, she has the ODDBOX delivery and then all the ‘leftovers‘ that just appear out of nowhere.

Reactions: 6
I have seen better designed meal planners in Poundland.
Also by no means a design or colour expert but I don’t think the black on dark green on the matches works very well. I realise it’s probably subjective rather than objective though. Instead of black I would have made it off white — colour matched to the wood of the matches.

Attachments

That meal planner is awful - it looks like something that would come free with Readers Digest.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
A chic weekly meal planner?! Oh duck OFFFFFFF!
Soo chic

8C74769B-D0DC-42CF-9D58-0AB093B6F4D2.jpeg

New thread suggestion - The Frugality #4 Can’t afford much, we’re oh so poor, but we did manage to add to our house an extra floor

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.