The Frugality #3 content is free, don’t care if it’s drivel, shopping in Sainsbury’s, pretending it’s Lidl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When my children were small I always kept it tidy and clean , they played freely but I tidied up as they moved onto different activities, that’s just how I am.

I am twitching that she had window crayon scribbles FROM AUGUST!!🙀🙀🙀 and she or Chris hasn’t cleaned them off.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
When my children were small I always kept it tidy and clean , they played freely but I tidied up as they moved onto different activities, that’s just how I am.

I am twitching that she had window crayon scribbles FROM AUGUST!!🙀🙀🙀 and she or Chris hasn’t cleaned them off.
She just baffles me. They’re not commuting, her husband doesn’t appear to do anything except edit her clunky attempts at Reels… it takes 30 seconds with some window spray & kitchen roll.

By extension that must mean they don’t ever clean their windows?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m no clean junkie but I just couldn’t live with all that clutter, mess on floor, half finished jobs and boxes everywhere. Such a depressing environment.

Reactions: 6

Not only that, it is so dangerous to have tit laying around. Not only for the kids, but for the adults too

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Her old flat was in Tooting, not Clapham. They bought it for £238k in 2011 and sold it in 2016 for £500k, having gone up into the loft and converted (and also taken advantage of the hike in propery prices then). So they made £262k profit on that place, less whatever they spent on doing it up.

They bought their current place for £630k. So, not including any money they’ve paid off the mortgages or adding any for the works they did to either place, they would have had to have a mortgage in the region of £345k. Which means they have either had family help or she’s telling porkies about their income.

And Alex, you might be worried that I know all this, but it was easy enough to find from the information you posted on a public forum (rough locations, moving dates, pictures of both places).
I also don't understand how Tooting was no longer affordable to them. I bought my house 20min walk from Tooting and her parents' shop for 400k in 2018. But of course that wouldn't be good enough for Alex. There were plenty of 3 bed+ options in the area for their budget, it's such a load of crap. And notice she often presents it as Balham area, instead of Tooting? (which is more expensive)

Reactions: 2
I also don't understand how Tooting was no longer affordable to them. I bought my house 20min walk from Tooting and her parents' shop for 400k in 2018. But of course that wouldn't be good enough for Alex. There were plenty of 3 bed+ options in the area for their budget, it's such a load of crap. And notice she often presents it as Balham area, instead of Tooting? (which is more expensive)
Didn’t she also view a few properties in Leytonstone, she will be kicking herself now looking at the price hike.

Reactions: 2
I’d love some recommendations for sites that sell frames at those prices. Can you try on at home and then send back if not suitable?
I’ve just got some from BoomBloom. They are fab - you can try and return for free and once you’ve chosen you can get your classes within a few days. Their customer service is exceptional too! I really rate them.

Reactions: 4
Right then. First stab at a new thread title?! (No real idea how this works sorry but there is a little nudge there suggesting it’s time to figure one out!)

I’m visually tired, so look at these glasses, can’t tidy or tile coz we sit on our arses.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Screenshot_20211102-055704.png

Always thought it was a bit weird when Alex and Africa (Thevitamindproject) interacted but Africa just posted this on her interiors account and it definitely reminded me of someone...

• Heart
  • Haha
View attachment 842398
Always thought it was a bit weird when Alex and Africa (Thevitamindproject) interacted but Africa just posted this on her interiors account and it definitely reminded me of someone...
Africa posted something of a privileged couple who had help explaining how they moved out of a flat in Essex into an Insta mama Victorian property in London by saying okay we lived at home and saved £x and were gifted £y, sold flat for £p had £q for a deposit, moved into next house same numbers, moved up into the next house. Alex is the opposite of this - she’s busy pretending she’s pinching pennies to pay for extensions when she’s got what appears to be a 30-40% LTV through gifted cash! 😳 maybe Africa is just keeping it cute with her… imagine she’s clocked her for what she is tho.

Reactions: 3
It doesn’t matter how many old plastic bottles are in your hat. If you didn’t need a hat then not only is it not sustainable, it means you are actively contributing to the planet being on the brink of totally fucked.
Lmao the irony of sustainability messaging with (gifted)

Yes gifted so you can encourage us all to buy it, which is part of the reason we’re in the mess we’re in!

Reactions: 10
You know how in some countries it needs to be declared if an image has been photoshopped.

Imagine if every time influencers posted anything with a sustainability angle, it came with a similar disclaimer: ‘by the way, the very cornerstone of my lucrative career is encouraging unnecessary and excessive consumption so this post is blatant greenwashing. This particular post is my way of saying thank you to the brand so the flow of freebies in my direction continues, I really couldn’t give a duck about the environment right now tbh’

• Heart
Reactions: 9
hate how she’s said this as if it’s some fact. It’s definitely not a thing or a factor relating to living in the UK…

16A2EAE6-80B0-401B-B5E6-47F521B785D1.png

Omg these tiles.
I can’t believe these layabouts haven’t finished it yet.
The shame of it. And they fancy themselves as DIYers. Good lord.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Saying you can’t tile in England because of the rain is just utter bollocks.

Reactions: 7
The way she talks about re-wearing clothes (UM HELLO HOW IS THIS EVEN A THING UNLESS YOU’RE A REAL LIFE PRINCESS OR MADONNA) and using up leftover spices (UM HELLO SPICES AREN’T LEFTOVERS YOU JOKER THE’YRE JUST A THING THAT PERMENANTLY INHABIT ADULTS CUPBOARDS) makes me feel like she’s a cyborg pretending to be a human but who hasn’t quite been programmed right. Or maybe just a massive narcissist who thinks the utter mundane movements of her mundane life are somehow unique and thus newsworthy. Madness.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.