The Frugality #3 content is free, don’t care if it’s drivel, shopping in Sainsbury’s, pretending it’s Lidl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How to style a corner:
- clear all the crap that is usually there (cement, cardboard boxes, kids toys) out of the way
- add some more crap that is not child friendly or child proofed in any way
- light some expensive scented candles and add some diffuser sticks to maximum clutter
I've not got children yet, am I not gonna be able to have any ornaments or candles if/when I do?! 😱 genuine question 😂

I've not got children yet, am I not gonna be able to have any ornaments or candles if/when I do?! 😱 genuine question 😂
Totally - just not once they start getting grabby/standing. My youngest is 9 months and I’ve put some breakable stuff away, but will totally bring it all back once the novelty wears off!

Reactions: 1
These glasses stories are even more tedious than the fence painting and the patio tiling. Why is she making such an issue of it?

Reactions: 9
Is a North Londonder thing isn’t it? Lily is a mole crusader, Alex is a glasses crusader

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Trying desperately to carve a niche for herself that isn’t horrendously slow and inefficient DIY…

These glasses stories are even more tedious than the fence painting and the patio tiling. Why is she making such an issue of it?
It was the final nail in the coffin that has made me unfollow her. There is nothing remotely interesting about her page anymore

Oh! It’s not at all obvious that she must be hoping to become a paid ambassador for as many spectacle manufacturers as possible. She’ll then need a wardrobe for all her glasses.

Reactions: 6
Oh! It’s not at all obvious that she must be hoping to become a paid ambassador for as many spectacle manufacturers as possible. She’ll then need a wardrobe for all her glasses.
I think she was trying to start a ‘conversation’ about how she feels women who wear glasses are left on the sidelines and it’s not seen as attractive to wear glasses and we don’t see many women in films, etc wearing glasses. I think she was trying to imply that she felt she couldn’t wear glasses on her wedding day and wishes she had. The story has fallen rather flat though, like most of her stories.

Reactions: 4
Gah her holiday stories, why is she so preachy about everything getting used, it’s not like the rest of us are flinging all our possessions out Willy Nilly.

plus, the chaos of her bedroom just mini baskets of crap everywhere. They need large sturdy furniture fgs

Reactions: 6
I can’t take the glasses chat seriously - perhaps if she chose a pair that actually suited her face I would feel differently.

Reactions: 5
Utterly baffled by all the glasses stories. Some people wear glasses, some don’t. Some wear cool/funky/outrageous pairs, some don’t. The end.

Reactions: 12
Utterly baffled by all the glasses stories. Some people wear glasses, some don’t. Some wear cool/funky/outrageous pairs, some don’t. The end.
She’s definitely looking for more freebies plus a paid gig.

Reactions: 2
It’s odd isn’t it, rather teenage blog from the 90’s.
I wear glasses, I also wear contact lenses, I’ve never had a chip on my shoulder like Alex about it, maybe because no one has ever mentioned that my glasses are like what an old man would wear 😂😂

Reactions: 5
As if Gillian Anderson and Zendaya doing something has any bearing or relevance on the rest of us mere mortals

Reactions: 4
I think she was trying to start a ‘conversation’ about how she feels women who wear glasses are left on the sidelines and it’s not seen as attractive to wear glasses and we don’t see many women in films, etc wearing glasses. I think she was trying to imply that she felt she couldn’t wear glasses on her wedding day and wishes she had. The story has fallen rather flat though, like most of her stories.
What a dull topic of conversation. Like glasses wear glasses, don’t like glass wear contacts, not that much to talk about. Most people make an effort on their wedding days - cover the greys, tan if you want to etc. I don’t know why you would buy a nice dress, do hair & make-up & then cover your face.

I don’t think you have to be superwoman post-motherhood, I’m certainly not but the difference in Alex & Lilypebbles is stark. You can’t go back to an office post kids & visibly make less effort. Alex isn’t as bad but Lily’s entire persona has morphed into mother/pregnant person. What about their followers who have zero interest in kids. Alex is good at styling clothes (not corners!). Her old photos are great.

Noticed in comments when someone asked for hotel recommendations she said “we stay in an apartment”.

imagine if she’d given the honest answer: “we stay in my parents apartment.... because I come from wealth, that’s how I manage to go on holiday after mat leave and live in an expensive house in London while working part time. Because, dear followers, it’s a lie that you can have what I do while doing what I do without some generational wealth behind you. So don’t feel bad if you’ve not managed to make do and mend your way to a house deposit, because the truth is no amount of supposed frugality could ever get you there. As a self proclaimed crusader for the average woman I’m just putting that out there so as not to perpetuate this harmful myth. The end. Love Frugal Alex”

IMAGINE

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Noticed in comments when someone asked for hotel recommendations she said “we stay in an apartment”.

imagine if she’d given the honest answer: “we stay in my parents apartment.... because I come from wealth, that’s how I manage to go on holiday after mat leave and live in an expensive house in London while working part time. Because, dear followers, it’s a lie that you can have what I do while doing what I do without some generational wealth behind you. So don’t feel bad if you’ve not managed to make do and mend your way to a house deposit, because the truth is no amount of supposed frugality could ever get you there. As a self proclaimed crusader for the average woman I’m just putting that out there so as not to perpetuate this harmful myth. The end. Love Frugal Alex”

IMAGINE
You forgot to add that we actually shop in Sainsbury’s but we like to pretend we go to Lidl so you all think we know how it feels to struggle too but theres no chance we’d actually really shop there through choice….

Reactions: 10

IMAGINE
I was thinking exactly this when I saw she posted the “tax the rich” dress & a post about childcare costs.
She’s lucky no one has taxed the assistance she’s gotten from her parents. Plus the amount she produces doesn’t appear to justify needing childcare.
Big house in North London & both of them appear to work part time at a push. “Tax the rich” indeed.

It’s not personal btw I have received some help from my parents, though Id wager not nearly as much. What grates is all the dishonesty.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.