The Frugality #3 content is free, don’t care if it’s drivel, shopping in Sainsbury’s, pretending it’s Lidl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
🎉 the tiles are finished 🎉
I’d love to know how long it took Chris to do his bits vs the paid professional

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Crafty Alex cropping the picture of the finished tiles so as not to show the second floor of the extension. We already know Alex!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I need to hold on to something if I am in her house, it is so visually messy.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Her decision not to reveal the upstairs extension is telling. I’m fascinated by this! 🤣
It’s going to be very hard for her to reveal it at any point in the future, so long after the work has been completed.
It completely undermines the whole frugal shtick and is so disingenuous (bordering on dishonest!!).

Reactions: 9
I am appreciating the chat about financial privilege on Instagram at the moment - eg this from Clare (my frugal year). Chimes with a lot of the thoughtful discussion on this thread lately 💕

Alex had made a career out of being open about money - supposedly - so I’m sure we’ll see her thoughts on the subject soon 🤣

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I am appreciating the chat about financial privilege on Instagram at the moment - eg this from Clare (my frugal year). Chimes with a lot of the thoughtful discussion on this thread lately 💕

Alex had made a career out of being open about money - supposedly - so I’m sure we’ll see her thoughts on the subject soon 🤣
Love her & loved her book, I only read 2/3 chapters cos the last one was like a practical workbook on debt so can’t comment on that so pls don’t hate me if that bit is trash (and I often worry about non regulated ppl giving advice? But at least hers isn’t anything risky or market dependent lol).

Her book is almost like CBT or a de programming of Instagram influence, it’s the best written evaluation of influencers and the dishonesty of the lifestyle they show I’ve seen outside of tattle!

Reactions: 6
I am quite surprised to see Alex's latest 'product' (the menu pad) is a fairly reasonable £6.50. Blows my mind that a box of matches costs more though 🤯

Funny she had “forgotten” her glasses borefest now the spec savers money has rolled in.

I think all those Fridays glasses stories should have been tagged with ad etc, she knew what she was doing

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Thread suggestion:
The Frugality #4: Eye spy with my little eye a secret second storey reaching up to the sky.

🥸🤓😎🤡

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.