Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
Looking at her buy a coffee page again, I think she hasn’t raised all that amount - 91 supporters and a coffee cup x 171. I’m thinking the 171 is total amount raised and not all her supporters donated the £3 that was set to automatically appear. Some may have donated less.

91 supporters isn’t very many out of 255,000 Instagram followers though don’t know how many of these subscribe to her newsletter.

Reactions: 2
She really needs to drop the ‘frugal’ angle. They’re paying off the kitchen, regrets having wooden floors in their house and treated herself to an 80-90 Euro cushion.
Did she say why she regrets the wood floors? I missed this. That’s wild since it’s actually quality.

VNaylor

Chatty Member
Alex has a chip on her shoulder about everything. She’s a curious mix of indignant and bitter.

She really, really needs to step away from Instagram and spend some time figuring out what her brand and USP are. Absolutely nothing of what she messages is landing the way she intends it to. It just makes her look a bit hopeless and jaded.
This! We’ve said it before, but she’s turning into a Lily Pebbles type over-sharer with their foot in their mouth!

Mustard

VIP Member
It’s a sort of Scandi Middle Class pound shop. A beacon of semi-good taste tat in Wood Green. That along with the Pret in the same forecourt was the highlight of the decade for the masses priced out of Crouch End. I’m being a total snob about Wood Green. Having lived there for much of my 20’s though I feel perfectly entitled!
I used to visit Crouch End a lot when I lived in North London - had friends there plus a hairdresser. Couldn’t afford a house there so went south instead.

Reactions: 1
There’s no way she’s reading here. Or she wouldn’t have thrown in a little reminder about the front path, surely?! SURELY.

jaymie

VIP Member
We’re extending, literally only by a couple of metres, knocking down a wall and putting another wall up and decided to get an architect in anyway, just to see if they could suggest anything different/better for us. Absolutely nothing different, felt like we’d been done 😂
Although has been handy to be able to send through to builders to get a rough idea of cost
HAHAHA! Maybe your house has a very standard layouts in the sense that it doesn't have weird corners? Lily Pebbles didn't get one too, I think her kitchen is fine in comparison. Her cabinet is too short and narrow for the ceiling heights. I live in one bed flat, I can say that she doesn't have that much of a preparation space, but then she eats like bland food most of the time anyway

1616847675918.png
1616847817640.png

Can I please ask how much is the architect cost?

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
So odd with the bed! She seems genuinely worried that hundreds of thousands of people might have bought that mad metal bed because of her. SO MUCH RESPONSIBILITY 😂
Confession - I wanted her bed. I now have two kids the same age & am thankful I have the cheaper king size with headboard although my toddler needs a leg up, it’s not a big deal & defo wouldn’t influence my choice of bed!

When they bought the house, I was very interested in how they would make it livable, considering that they had money problems. Then she announced she was pregnant! Ceilings caving in, mice, no heat, dust everywhere, no proper bathrooms or kitchen. I look back now and remember how stressed I was for her situation, huddled in one room.
When she fell down the stairs, followed by a miscarriage, I had to unfollow. It was just too much.
It's too bad that she now has to beg for coffee money.
I had a huge gap in following her content - what does she mean by money issues pls?

I don’t understand why anyone would buy such a shithole unless they had cash at bank to immediately to put the big fires out. It’s not modernising a 90s bathroom or skimming walls it looks like a proper shit hole? Especially with very young kids, wtaf.

CharlotteSometimes

Exactly. I mean it’s pretty basic to send them with the highest tracking and insurance possible. She’s probably spent all her cash on touching up her shitty kitchen
It doesn’t even cost anything to change your name. There is only a cost if you want a new photo. If she has a valid passport the DVLA can use the same photo. It’s one of the less arduous name changes!

jaymie

VIP Member
How strange to want to fork out so much on cupboard doors when she's ended up with a shit kitchenette because of how tight she was on the budget! Her priorities are all over the show.
Cate St Hill has an Ikea kitchen (although gifted) but still better than hers, hers like you said is a kitchenette

She said in an article somewhere they could only afford Wood Green & Leytonstone, although lots of South London nearer her family (Morden etc) would have been priced similarly at the time but she wouldn’t have gotten a London postcode.

Wood Green is a total dump though, it has few redeeming features & been remarkably resistant to gentrification.
Ooh, she'll be kicking herself that she didn't go for Leytonstone then - property has really shot up in value!