The Frugality #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No, the fact Alex has built a brand on being ‘frugal’ but in real life she doesn’t do the most obvious frugal things - hand me down baby stuff is such a no brainer!
I assumed her sister hasn’t offered them to her. I can’t believe people are buying certain ones - expensive brands but the clothes are stained.

Reactions: 3
I think now that she doesn’t have any brand partnerships she’s gone back to her “maternity leave”. (Laughing my head off about maternity leave from Instagram)

• Haha
Just suddenly realised I hadn’t seen anything of her for a while....
Yes, I was thinking the same.

I am fairly new to following Alex - I actually thought she and Erica Davies were the same person for quite awhile 😂 - and so I did a ‘deep dive’ of her Instagram the other week. She was soooooo much more cool and stylish a few years ago! I get kids and a pandemic (plus the tragic loss of her babies) takes it out of you, but she looks like a completely different person from a few years ago.

Reactions: 4
Her story’s have like 5 PR products in them. And now we’re back to the mundane recipes and marvelling about the mundane stock Lidl carries.

But why is it surprising that Lidl has tofu and pak choi??? Its such "i should really be shopping at Waitrose but im *frugal* smugness. Us poors eat pak choi and tofu too love...in fact your standard Asian grocery that you would never venture inside has been selling it cheaply for yonks.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
But why is it surprising that Lidl has tofu and pak choi??? Its such "i should really be shopping at Waitrose but im *frugal* smugness. Us poors eat pak choi and tofu too love...in fact your standard Asian grocery that you would never venture inside has been selling it cheaply for yonks.
I saw that too. I just thought she was very naive and must have a very limited diet!

Alex’s brand is so confused - she wants to play in the league of the highly aspirational influencers with her “designer” matches, but continually makes the most awkward disclosures about her life that makes her content anything BUT aspirational.

The number of sponsored posts and ‘PR’ since she’s been back have been a little crazy.
I also don’t understand why they couldn’t paint the fence in June. I know she was pregnant so probably couldn’t have done it due to paint fumes, but surely her husband could’ve done it?

Also, can’t believe she’s watching Aussie MAFS from a few years ago and not asking for spoilers 🙈

Gifted pizzas now - get in the bin you waste of space! It totally baffles me how she has so many followers??

Reactions: 8
And the very odd eBay advert about painting an old something in odd colours that has nothing to do with eBay? Never mind the followers, how does she have so many brand partnerships?!

Wonder how long that butchers block took them, given the time it takes them to decorate
It also looks awful...I’m not influenced in the slightest

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.