The Fashion Bug Blog - Laura Wills

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Precisely this. And this is why she is the laughing stock of the school gate. There are some mega wealthy families at DD's school. I mean, billionaires. But they are ultra discreet. They would actually be horrified if anyone knew about their wealth, to be honest.

Interestingly, my friend (whose kids go to Thomas's Battersea with Prince George et al) says that Kate is the most humble, low key mother. She does drop off mostly in activewear (not the fancy kind). Make-up free, quite often. I also have a friend who is the daughter of a Duke, but you would NEVER know it (the only reason I do is because I've known her since university and met her dad once and was shocked when I realised who he was). Wealthy, classy people downplay everything and feel horrified at the thought of rubbing it in everyone's faces. Our Laura, on the other hand, is just the opposite. A complete arriviste, trying to prove herself by flaunting her cash. It's so brash and very unlikeable I'm not surprised she's considering moving, to be honest, as she has been so ostracised by the other mothers, who literally gossip about her behind her back constantly - she must be aware that she has made a fool of herself in the school circle, at least.

Also...white leggings with 4 kids under 5. Come the f+++ on...
I love reading your posts! Please can we have some more tea ☕

Reactions: 10
Precisely this. And this is why she is the laughing stock of the school gate. There are some mega wealthy families at DD's school. I mean, billionaires. But they are ultra discreet. They would actually be horrified if anyone knew about their wealth, to be honest.

Interestingly, my friend (whose kids go to Thomas's Battersea with Prince George et al) says that Kate is the most humble, low key mother. She does drop off mostly in activewear (not the fancy kind). Make-up free, quite often. I also have a friend who is the daughter of a Duke, but you would NEVER know it (the only reason I do is because I've known her since university and met her dad once and was shocked when I realised who he was). Wealthy, classy people downplay everything and feel horrified at the thought of rubbing it in everyone's faces. Our Laura, on the other hand, is just the opposite. A complete arriviste, trying to prove herself by flaunting her cash. It's so brash and very unlikeable I'm not surprised she's considering moving, to be honest, as she has been so ostracised by the other mothers, who literally gossip about her behind her back constantly - she must be aware that she has made a fool of herself in the school circle, at least.

Also...white leggings with 4 kids under 5. Come the f+++ on...
Posts like this make me a little sad to be honest.

You describe mothers constantly gossiping about her behind her back and her being ‘so ostracized’ by other parents, when the main thing that she seems to have done to offend is be a bit chavvy and ostentatious with her wealth at the school gates. Whilst yes Laura comes across as incredibly fake but I’m a little bit horrified that grown women at school gates are standing around gossiping about another mother simply because they don’t consider her old money enough to fit in at their school.

I too have kids in a very well known West London prep school and sometimes the reverse snobbery astounds me. I remember when my eldest joined the school one thing I noticed was that there were a few other mothers who were very determined to suss out new joiners and see who they decided were the right kind of people to be in the school. I remember being asked the same three questions whenever I had casual conversations with them- what schools had we attended (roughly translates as did you attend a decent prep and boarding school as opposed to a regular day Indy or even a shock horror, state school), did we get out of London at the weekends (translates to do you have a country house...even better if it’s an inherited seat and you can trace your lineage back through the Peerage) and how local did we live to the school (also translates to do you live in the correct post codes of W8, W11 and W14 and not the dreaded surrounding areas of North Kensington, Chiswick or...gasp Shepherds Bush). I guess I answered all their questions correctly as they have been nothing but lovely to me at the school gates, but for all I know they gossip constantly behind my back anyway! However I have seen how they treat mothers (mainly international joiners) who rock up in head to toe labels and give them the full head to toe once over before excluding them from the conversation.

It’s all a load of nonsense and I’m not surprised that Laura might be wanting to move elsewhere where it doesn’t actually matter how new money she is.

Anyway, I’m here for the snarking on her and her ridiculous lifestyle, but outing where her eldest kid goes to school and her younger ones go to nursery seems a little uncalled for and there almost seems like there’s a personal axe to grind there. I guess you also don’t mind her knowing who you are- the class sizes at both places (I’m not going to repeat either the name of the nursery nor the school are pretty small) so even if Laura is as dumb as a box of rocks, it would be fairly easy for her to work out who attended both places with her daughter.

Reactions: 9
I don’t think this kind of cliquey behaviour is exclusive to prep schools, the same thing happens at every school in the land. I work full time and can only pick up on certain days so I’ve managed to avoid being part of any ‘mum-gang’ or WhatsApp groups. I’m still friends with the odd mum whose child is friends with my child, but it suits me fine. I’ve heard some horror stories about these cliques.

Reactions: 11
@sleepingstandingup I don’t think she’s being ostracised for being too Chavy. I think it’s for being totally insufferable and for walking around with this heir or importance like she’s a celebrity with her big shades. I’m pretty sure at any school any group of parents would laugh and talk about that kind of behaviour. She would have ticked all the boxes anyways, private prep school, Chelsea postcode, ridiculous holidays and children’s parties - it does show if you are a total knob you won’t make friends.

Reactions: 5
I don’t think this kind of cliquey behaviour is exclusive to prep schools, the same thing happens at every school in the land. I work full time and can only pick up on certain days so I’ve managed to avoid being part of any ‘mum-gang’ or WhatsApp groups. I’m still friends with the odd mum whose child is friends with my child, but it suits me fine. I’ve heard some horror stories about these cliques.
Yep this is standard for all school gates. You guys aren’t special as you pay 😂 I choose to not get involved with gate politics. Also, congrats on your stealth humble boasting about passing the gates posh test😂 not sure why we needed to know that 🤔but big congrats.

The issuesI have with Laura, of which there are many, are her show off nature, the excessive consumerism and the BS about not disclosing the amount of help she obviously gets and most importantly her exposure of her innocent children. But yes, I have pointed out that she is obviously not as posh as the image she obviously chooses to openly portray, I wouldn’t have an opinion if she didn’t plaster her life on the World Wide Web. Guessing that’s all the tea ☕ we will be getting from now on 😂 as Arianna no doubt has been scared off.

Reactions: 12
Not to mention as Arianna said her husband is rude and Laura is completely distant (not giving her address, not being relatable and knocking out kids year after year. I doubt it’s anything too do with how “old” her money is.

Reactions: 4
Posts like this make me a little sad to be honest.

You describe mothers constantly gossiping about her behind her back and her being ‘so ostracized’ by other parents, when the main thing that she seems to have done to offend is be a bit chavvy and ostentatious with her wealth at the school gates. Whilst yes Laura comes across as incredibly fake but I’m a little bit horrified that grown women at school gates are standing around gossiping about another mother simply because they don’t consider her old money enough to fit in at their school.

I too have kids in a very well known West London prep school and sometimes the reverse snobbery astounds me. I remember when my eldest joined the school one thing I noticed was that there were a few other mothers who were very determined to suss out new joiners and see who they decided were the right kind of people to be in the school. I remember being asked the same three questions whenever I had casual conversations with them- what schools had we attended (roughly translates as did you attend a decent prep and boarding school as opposed to a regular day Indy or even a shock horror, state school), did we get out of London at the weekends (translates to do you have a country house...even better if it’s an inherited seat and you can trace your lineage back through the Peerage) and how local did we live to the school (also translates to do you live in the correct post codes of W8, W11 and W14 and not the dreaded surrounding areas of North Kensington, Chiswick or...gasp Shepherds Bush). I guess I answered all their questions correctly as they have been nothing but lovely to me at the school gates, but for all I know they gossip constantly behind my back anyway! However I have seen how they treat mothers (mainly international joiners) who rock up in head to toe labels and give them the full head to toe once over before excluding them from the conversation.

It’s all a load of nonsense and I’m not surprised that Laura might be wanting to move elsewhere where it doesn’t actually matter how new money she is.

Anyway, I’m here for the snarking on her and her ridiculous lifestyle, but outing where her eldest kid goes to school and her younger ones go to nursery seems a little uncalled for and there almost seems like there’s a personal axe to grind there. I guess you also don’t mind her knowing who you are- the class sizes at both places (I’m not going to repeat either the name of the nursery nor the school are pretty small) so even if Laura is as dumb as a box of rocks, it would be fairly easy for her to work out who attended both places with her daughter.
YAWN!! LOL to your ‘humble brag’ - get over yourself.
People gossip about her because she’s a nobody who thinks she’s something special, solely because she has a rich husband. Of course people are going to talk about her for being cringey on insta, alongside showy and tacky with all of her branded clothes. She’s just a rich chav at the end of the day.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
YAWN!! LOL to your ‘humble brag’ - get over yourself.
People gossip about her because she’s a nobody who thinks she’s something special, solely because she has a rich husband. Of course people are going to talk about her for being cringey on insta, alongside showy and tacky with all of her branded clothes. She’s just a rich chav at the end of the day.
Admittedly reading that back of could come across as a humble brag, perhaps I should’ve prefaced it by saying I don’t actually have some of those things that they other mothers questioned about despite them being nice to me.

However I still can’t quite get over the fact that grown women ostracize someone at the school gates for being a ‘rich chav’ or even for thinking they’re something special. It seems a little Mean Girls for women over the age of 30 to gossip about her at the gates and then come name the schools that her kids go to on a gossip forum. Whilst she has shared her kids names, she’s never shared their schools before. Seems a bit like a personal axe to grind.

Reactions: 3
Once again @sleepingstandingup nobody is saying she is too much of a “rich chav” if she was actually a decent person. We have heard they are rude and she thinks she’s way better than everyone else. I’m sure if there was a mum at your child school who thinks she’s an A list celeb and above everyone else and blatantly rude people would laugh at her. Plus the cringe of the posts like “so blessed” adds to the hate. TFBB chose to share it all.
Re the kids school- she shares everything else it’s to be expected when you pimp your kids out like that and make money from showing them.

Reactions: 5
‘Classic pieces’ she sounds so wanky calling a child’s dress a ‘piece’ get a grip woman!
Haha yes! I suppose when a one year old’s dress costs more than as a pair of leather boots it can be classified as a “piece”.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Laura comes across as a nice person on insta and never complains about her life but it cannot be that perfect all the time... she never lets the mask slip. This thread is an interesting read!

Has she ever said what she did before she had children/got married? Did she go to uni?

Reactions: 2
If my memory serves me correctly she once said she used to work in fashion in some capacity but I don't know exactly what. Her blog only dates back to Jan 2015 by which point she was already engaged and seemingly doing only blogging/influencing as her job, she doesn't talk too much about her previous life only to say that she used to be a party animal (bit hard to believe) and met her husband in a club in Chelsea/Knightsbridge I think. She also mentions that she used to suffer quite badly from anxiety but not anymore. Other than that I don't think she has given too much away, i certainly can't think of her ever mentioning uni or much about her career. Can anyone else?

Reactions: 2
If my memory serves me correctly she once said she used to work in fashion in some capacity but I don't know exactly what. Her blog only dates back to Jan 2015 by which point she was already engaged and seemingly doing only blogging/influencing as her job, she doesn't talk too much about her previous life only to say that she used to be a party animal (bit hard to believe) and met her husband in a club in Chelsea/Knightsbridge I think. She also mentions that she used to suffer quite badly from anxiety but not anymore. Other than that I don't think she has given too much away, i certainly can't think of her ever mentioning uni or much about her career. Can anyone else?
[/QUOTE]
yeah she’s banged on a lot about being a huge raver 😂 can you imagine. She probably means she did a tit load of coke and pills whilst dancing around her handbag in the Sloane Poney, followed by Boujis 😂. She’s also banged on about how she loves working for herself and isn’t the type to work for other people, again failing to see/acknowledge her privilege, that most people can’t afford to pack a job in to take photos of pretty dresses 🙄

Reactions: 4
is it just me or has she been adding "ad" more recently to her swipe ups than she has before? and today's story about spending time with each child individually? Makes me wonder if she's seen this thread...

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.