The Fashion Bug Blog - Laura Wills

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So pleased I’ve found this thread! I’ve enviously followed Laura for years although debating whether to unfollow as her apparently perfect life, children and figure make me feel a bit tit. I realise that it’s most likely a facade and she has a heap of help of course, but when my children have been little devils all day and when she posts yet another Chanel handbag that I’ll never be able to afford, it’s a bit of a kick in the stomach.

Reactions: 6
I should clarify: she is not ostracised because she is a chav (by the way, I did not use that label). I have friends who live on council estates, and I am not bothered about how people choose to spend their money.
The issue I have with Laura are threefold:

1) Deceitfulness
The way that she portrays her life, doesn’t disclose ads in a straightforward way, or give a true sense of just how much help she has, is mendacious, and downright damaging. Apart from her domestic flunkies, she has help from her mum, which she conspicuously fails to mention, most of the time.

2) Exploiting her kids
I’m sorry, but what she is doing vis-a-vis her children is downright reckless. Yes, I have told you the school/nursery, but she has put herself on a public platform and shown countless photos of her kids. She has given away their full names and dates of birth. I could be Joe Bloggs, passing by the school/nursery and could spot her easily (as she sticks out like a sore thumb in her flamboyant get ups) and report it on here. She has no sense of propriety. How are her kids going to feel when they grow up? It is so selfish of her to rob them of the chance to have an anonymous online persona, and she is doing it - for what purpose? If she was on the breadline, and struggling to feed them, I’d be much less judgmental, but she is so obviously not in that position and therefore what she is doing is insane! Celebs and the ultra wealthy (or ones with sense) go out of their way to keep their kids images out of the public domain. It’s different perhaps if you have 24/7 security, like Tamara Ecclestone or the Beckhams, but these kids don’t. And she is setting them up to be victims of potential kidnapping.
Liv Lewis, who has the account UltimateGirlGang, is similar to Laura: loaded, with 4 kids, and a lucrative Instagram following. Liv, however, only shows the kids from behind, and is always super open about ads. Doesn’t do affiliate links etc. She is a smart, classy, chick.
Another contrasting example: Kelly and Jakki Jones’s daughter (he of Stereophonics fame) are in the year at school. She is mega down to earth and is HONEST about what motherhood is like. With Laura, life is just a bed of roses and perfect. It’s a front, and I don’t buy it. It must be awful for any new mums who look at her and feel depressed about why they are struggling and she is just floating around opening Chanel bags here, have her one on one time with one child there, and just generally being so bloody smug. It’s inauthentic and it’s the inauthenticity that is so galling. She thinks she is being aspirational, but when she is impossibly unrelat

3) Rudeness (of her husband)
Laura’s husband Mark swaggers and struts around the school like he owns the place, barges past mums, and is generally one of the most obnoxious men I’ve ever had the misfortune to meet. So yes, I do have a personal axe to grind - he has been very rude to me and lots of other mums - pushing past us in the playground and being sneeringly superior.

As to whether she would know who I am; there was a big cohort from the nursery on to the school; none of the mums liked her there, or here.

QUOTE="sleepingstandingup, post: 4735588, member: 196881"]
Posts like this make me a little sad to be honest.

You describe mothers constantly gossiping about her behind her back and her being ‘so ostracized’ by other parents, when the main thing that she seems to have done to offend is be a bit chavvy and ostentatious with her wealth at the school gates. Whilst yes Laura comes across as incredibly fake but I’m a little bit horrified that grown women at school gates are standing around gossiping about another mother simply because they don’t consider her old money enough to fit in at their school.

I too have kids in a very well known West London prep school and sometimes the reverse snobbery astounds me. I remember when my eldest joined the school one thing I noticed was that there were a few other mothers who were very determined to suss out new joiners and see who they decided were the right kind of people to be in the school. I remember being asked the same three questions whenever I had casual conversations with them- what schools had we attended (roughly translates as did you attend a decent prep and boarding school as opposed to a regular day Indy or even a shock horror, state school), did we get out of London at the weekends (translates to do you have a country house...even better if it’s an inherited seat and you can trace your lineage back through the Peerage) and how local did we live to the school (also translates to do you live in the correct post codes of W8, W11 and W14 and not the dreaded surrounding areas of North Kensington, Chiswick or...gasp Shepherds Bush). I guess I answered all their questions correctly as they have been nothing but lovely to me at the school gates, but for all I know they gossip constantly behind my back anyway! However I have seen how they treat mothers (mainly international joiners) who rock up in head to toe labels and give them the full head to toe once over before excluding them from the conversation.

It’s all a load of nonsense and I’m not surprised that Laura might be wanting to move elsewhere where it doesn’t actually matter how new money she is.

Anyway, I’m here for the snarking on her and her ridiculous lifestyle, but outing where her eldest kid goes to school and her younger ones go to nursery seems a little uncalled for and there almost seems like there’s a personal axe to grind there. I guess you also don’t mind her knowing who you are- the class sizes at both places (I’m not going to repeat either the name of the nursery nor the school are pretty small) so even if Laura is as dumb as a box of rocks, it would be fairly easy for her to work out who attended both places with her daughter.
[/QUOTE]

You describe mothers constantly gossiping about her behind her back and her being ‘so ostracized’ by other parents, when the main thing that she seems to have done to offend is be a bit chavvy and ostentatious with her wealth at the school gates. Whilst yes Laura comes across as incredibly fake but I’m a little bit horrified that grown women at school gates are standing around gossiping about another mother simply because they don’t consider her old money enough to fit in at their school.

I too have kids in a very well known West London prep school and sometimes the reverse snobbery astounds me. I remember when my eldest joined the school one thing I noticed was that there were a few other mothers who were very determined to suss out new joiners and see who they decided were the right kind of people to be in the school. I remember being asked the same three questions whenever I had casual conversations with them- what schools had we attended (roughly translates as did you attend a decent prep and boarding school as opposed to a regular day Indy or even a shock horror, state school), did we get out of London at the weekends (translates to do you have a country house...even better if it’s an inherited seat and you can trace your lineage back through the Peerage) and how local did we live to the school (also translates to do you live in the correct post codes of W8, W11 and W14 and not the dreaded surrounding areas of North Kensington, Chiswick or...gasp Shepherds Bush). I guess I answered all their questions correctly as they have been nothing but lovely to me at the school gates, but for all I know they gossip constantly behind my back anyway! However I have seen how they treat mothers (mainly international joiners) who rock up in head to toe labels and give them the full head to toe once over before excluding them from the conversation.

It’s all a load of nonsense and I’m not surprised that Laura might be wanting to move elsewhere where it doesn’t actually matter how new money she is.

Anyway, I’m here for the snarking on her and her ridiculous lifestyle, but outing where her eldest kid goes to school and her younger ones go to nursery seems a little uncalled for and there almost seems like there’s a personal axe to grind there. I guess you also don’t mind her knowing who you are- the class sizes at both places (I’m not going to repeat either the name of the nursery nor the school are pretty small) so even if Laura is as dumb as a box of rocks, it would be fairly easy for her to work out who attended both places with her daughter.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I should clarify: she is not ostracised because she is a chav (by the way, I did not use that label). I have friends who live on council estates, and I am not bothered about how people choose to spend their money.
You saying you have friends who live on council estates does come across a little like how someone accused of racist behaviour would say they had friends of other ethnic origins...

Reactions: 5
Her latest post has pissed me off. Picture of a jumpsuit "this is so cute I can't believe it's highstreet" Why can't you?! Are clothes only allowed to be nice if they are high end designer?!

Reactions: 10
I mean, did she grow up only wearing designer ‘investment pieces’? Or was she down Mothercare, Tammy Girl and Top Shop like the rest of us common folk?!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
is it just me or has she been adding "ad" more recently to her swipe ups than she has before? and today's story about spending time with each child individually? Makes me wonder if she's seen this thread...
YES! I knew something was different but couldn’t put my finger on it

So pleased I’ve found this thread! I’ve enviously followed Laura for years although debating whether to unfollow as her apparently perfect life, children and figure make me feel a bit tit. I realise that it’s most likely a facade and she has a heap of help of course, but when my children have been little devils all day and when she posts yet another Chanel handbag that I’ll never be able to afford, it’s a bit of a kick in the stomach.
It’s all for the gram babe! None of it is “our” real life! You do you and don’t let her get you down 😘😘😘

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
The issue I have with Laura are threefold:

1) Deceitfulness
The way that she portrays her life, doesn’t disclose ads in a straightforward way, or give a true sense of just how much help she has, is mendacious, and downright damaging. Apart from her domestic flunkies, she has help from her mum, which she conspicuously fails to mention, most of the time.

2) Exploiting her kids
I’m sorry, but what she is doing vis-a-vis her children is downright reckless. Yes, I have told you the school/nursery, but she has put herself on a public platform and shown countless photos of her kids. She has given away their full names and dates of birth. I could be Joe Bloggs, passing by the school/nursery and could spot her easily (as she sticks out like a sore thumb in her flamboyant get ups) and report it on here. She has no sense of propriety. How are her kids going to feel when they grow up? It is so selfish of her to rob them of the chance to have an anonymous online persona, and she is doing it - for what purpose? If she was on the breadline, and struggling to feed them, I’d be much less judgmental, but she is so obviously not in that position and therefore what she is doing is insane! Celebs and the ultra wealthy (or ones with sense) go out of their way to keep their kids images out of the public domain. It’s different perhaps if you have 24/7 security, like Tamara Ecclestone or the Beckhams, but these kids don’t. And she is setting them up to be victims of potential kidnapping.
Liv Lewis, who has the account UltimateGirlGang, is similar to Laura: loaded, with 4 kids, and a lucrative Instagram following. Liv, however, only shows the kids from behind, and is always super open about ads. Doesn’t do affiliate links etc. She is a smart, classy, chick.
Another contrasting example: Kelly and Jakki Jones’s daughter (he of Stereophonics fame) are in the year at school. She is mega down to earth and is HONEST about what motherhood is like. With Laura, life is just a bed of roses and perfect. It’s a front, and I don’t buy it. It must be awful for any new mums who look at her and feel depressed about why they are struggling and she is just floating around opening Chanel bags here, have her one on one time with one child there, and just generally being so bloody smug. It’s inauthentic and it’s the inauthenticity that is so galling. She thinks she is being aspirational, but when she is impossibly unrelat

3) Rudeness (of her husband)
Laura’s husband Mark swaggers and struts around the school like he owns the place, barges past mums, and is generally one of the most obnoxious men I’ve ever had the misfortune to meet. So yes, I do have a personal axe to grind - he has been very rude to me and lots of other mums - pushing past us in the playground and being sneeringly superior.

As to whether she would know who I am; there was a big cohort from the nursery on to the school; none of the mums liked her there, or here.

[/QUOTE]
Thank you @ariannabrandolini id love to be a little birdie at the school gates 🤪

Reactions: 4
I also feel like she’s read this thread - can’t put my finger on exactly what, but it feels like some things have changed with her posts. Case in point - the pic of her in bed with no make up on that she posted just now, and the stories referring to “chaos” earlier this evening. It’s as though she’s trying to be more rElaTaBLe 🙄

Something has definitely changed in her posts, it’s not quite as perfect anymore. Like the other day, having the Evian bottle in the background of the bedroom shot

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Oh yes, mere Converse! Also NB trainers, but I’ve noticed a few of her girl gang (Flavia etc) wearing those so must be some PR going on somewhere with them. What happened to the Golden Goose she has so many pairs of? Honestly, she needs to be a centipede to wear all the shoes she has.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
It seems a controlled household with not much fun, the husband an egotistical trader type. See what happens if he tries to push in front of me 🤛.

Katie Price of west London styling, not keen on the furry gilet and pleather leggings combo that the girls get put in so much.

Can’t lie, I would love a house tour though.

Reactions: 7
It seems a controlled household with not much fun, the husband an egotistical trader type. See what happens if he tries to push in front of me 🤛.

Katie Price of west London styling, not keen on the furry gilet and pleather leggings combo that the girls get put in so much.

Can’t lie, I would love a house tour though.
Yes! House tour! Give the people what they want. Probably won’t ever happen though as high end furniture designers don’t sell product based on swipe ups or discount codes.

Also all this mean girl mummy talk is making me nervous for pick up. Do you even have to be friends with the others mums, I just smile hello and keep going but we are only in early learning so maybe politics aren’t around yet 😂

Do you even have to be friends with the others mums, I just smile hello and keep going but we are only in early learning so maybe politics aren’t around yet 😂
Nah! Don’t worry about it, mine are in juniors and I say hi to everyone but don’t have any close mum friends at the gates - and I’m cool with that x

Reactions: 2
Yes! House tour! Give the people what they want. Probably won’t ever happen though as high end furniture designers don’t sell product based on swipe ups or discount codes.

Also all this mean girl mummy talk is making me nervous for pick up. Do you even have to be friends with the others mums, I just smile hello and keep going but we are only in early learning so maybe politics aren’t around yet 😂
I don’t get too involved with other parents, you do get cliques at some schools but I am friendly while keeping a distance.

Reactions: 1
Maybe there is no house tour as the house is not as grand as we are led to believe? I’m sure it’s very nice and properties there are pretty pricey. We will get one when she moves to the cotswolds (isn’t that where all rich ex London/celebs go?), as she’ll have more bang for her buck there and can show off (for all those asking....).
I’m sure the house they move to will have beige bland and boring interiors.

Nah! Don’t worry about it, mine are in juniors and I say hi to everyone but don’t have any close mum friends at the gates - and I’m cool with that x
Yeah, my experience (working in schools) is that only a few parents end up being gossiped about - the pretentious sorts and the ones involved in a scandal (messy divorce etc). I wouldn't worry @Shopgal :)

Wow, this thread has put me off having children based on how the mum’s at the school gates sound! 😂
It’s very easy to not get involved in playground fuckwittery. Many parents navigate their school mum years without incident.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.