The Fashion Bug Blog - Laura Wills #2 Being a mama is a slog, lucky there's 4 kids to flog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Meanwhile she has left Mark on daddy drop off and pick up duty...he must be having to take some leave whilst Laura is on this little frolic with her mum. Also find it a bit strange how she only seems to take her mum on these trips...I know they are very close but does she have no friends to go with?
Anyway, Laura missed an open morning at the school today. They only happen a couple of times a year, and parents go into the form rooms, see what their girls have been up to and chat to the teachers. Probably not a big deal to Laura, but not something most parents would miss if they avoid doing so.
Says it all really that she prioritises content for the gram over her children’s education.

Reactions: 7
There’s so many of them tone deaf - even the more down to earth ones are now dripping in Chanel and flogging Farfetch codes - whilst the rest of the UK braces itself for a tough winter.
It's not tone deaf though. We don't have to watch their content. I couldn't spend in 5 years what she spends in a season because I don't have that lifestyle or that income.
If she was giving out tips on keeping warm and keeping your gas bill down then we would be complaining that she's taking the piss when she clearly won't experience financial worries over winter.
We watch accounts like this because we love to see the high end items and are fascinated by how women like this live.

I would be pretty bored if every account I followed, packed up their fancy stuff just because there's a hard winter ahead for others.

Reactions: 13
This. She was never meant to be relatable, in the same way that the pages of Vogue aren’t meant to be relatable.

It’s all one big advert - it’s not real life. And, I say this with genuine kindness, if it makes people feel bad about their own situation, they should consider unfollowing because that isn’t going to change.

It's not tone deaf though. We don't have to watch their content. I couldn't spend in 5 years what she spends in a season because I don't have that lifestyle or that income.
If she was giving out tips on keeping warm and keeping your gas bill down then we would be complaining that she's taking the piss when she clearly won't experience financial worries over winter.
We watch accounts like this because we love to see the high end items and are fascinated by how women like this live.

I would be pretty bored if every account I followed, packed up their fancy stuff just because there's a hard winter ahead for others.

Reactions: 9
I agree. Her extravagant consumerism is gauche and naff and not something anyone with actual money, good sense or class would show off, but it’s not that unusual or what I actually find irritating about her.

The exploitation of her kids and the dishonest portrayal of her family life and the amount of help she has (which can make other women feel crap about themselves) are the things that annoy me far more than her vulgar materialism.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I agree. Her extravagant consumerism is gauche and naff and not something anyone with actual money, good sense or class would show off, but it’s not that unusual or what I actually find irritating about her.

The exploitation of her kids and the dishonest portrayal of her family life and the amount of help she has (which can make other women feel crap about themselves) are the things that annoy me far more than her vulgar materialism.
Same!

Reactions: 1

I think I liked every post of yours so far 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
So she’s come back from Greece and immediately gone to Paris? How? Why have 4 kids if you haven’t got time to be with them??

Reactions: 6
And now she’s having a Chanel facial! But don’t forget that she has no ‘me’ time and very little help. She is exasperating.

Reactions: 5
#superwoman 🙄🙄🙄🙄 where have they gone? Caribbean I assume most likely 8hr destination?
I know, poor babe. Hope she treats herself to massages everyday, date nights and a lick of ice cream on that holiday because she has it so tough

Reactions: 4
Off again. Heaven forbid they stay in town for a school holiday!
She wouldn't be able to able to cope, poor dab. I saw the 'elderly housekeeper' ( in reality a Filipino probably in her late 40s/early 50s) doing the school run last week. She looked completely overwrought.

So she's in Barbados, staying at a slightly substandard hotel, which doesn't even have a pool. The stay's most likely to be gifted, as she's tagged it, which she doesn't usually do until after she has left.

There are some amazing places to stay in Barbados, but the best are pricey. The really wealthy stay at Sandy Lane. Even if this trip is free, is it worth dragging 4 kids across multiple timezones and dealing with all the jetlag for a few days in a subpar hotel? I've done Caribbean with young kids and the jetlag is so brutal I'd only do it if it was a longer trip because the sleep situation just made it seriously stressful. Shows how desperately she needs to escape from London if she really thinks this a good idea.

Telegraph travel review doesn't make it sound all that much like paradise, despite what she may like to pretend:

The Lone Star has no grounds to speak of. This means you're not cocooned away in private from local life: popular beach bars lie either side of the property, and as I emerged from my room first thing in the morning I was greeted by a cockerel on my terrace. The busy coastal road runs alongside the front of The Lone Star, and you can sometimes be aware of traffic noise when you're outside.
Service and Facilities
6 / 10
On my stay, service was mixed: good at times, but slow at dinner when it was hard to get the waiters' attention. Given its high rates, The Lone Star offers little in the way of on-site facilities – there's no swimming pool, watersports centre or spa. However, the sea is very inviting (and there are snorkels and flippers to use), and a full concierge service is offered.
Among other things, any watersports activities can be arranged, as can a full range of spa treatments in your room, along with a personal fitness trainer, and private yoga or Pilates sessions.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
She wouldn't be able to able to cope, poor dab. I saw the 'elderly housekeeper' ( in reality a Filipino probably in her late 40s/early 50s) doing the school run last week. She looked completely overwrought.

So she's in Barbados, staying at a slightly substandard hotel, which doesn't even have a pool. The stay's most likely to be gifted, as she's tagged it, which she doesn't usually do until after she has left.

There are some amazing places to stay in Barbados, but the best are pricey. The really wealthy stay at Sandy Lane. Even if this trip is free, is it worth dragging 4 kids across multiple timezones and dealing with all the jetlag for a few days in a subpar hotel? I've done Caribbean with young kids and the jetlag is so brutal I'd only do it if it was a longer trip because the sleep situation just made it seriously stressful. Shows how desperately she needs to escape from London if she really thinks this a good idea.

Telegraph travel review doesn't make it sound all that much like paradise, despite what she may like to pretend:

The Lone Star has no grounds to speak of. This means you're not cocooned away in private from local life: popular beach bars lie either side of the property, and as I emerged from my room first thing in the morning I was greeted by a cockerel on my terrace. The busy coastal road runs alongside the front of The Lone Star, and you can sometimes be aware of traffic noise when you're outside.
Service and Facilities
6 / 10
On my stay, service was mixed: good at times, but slow at dinner when it was hard to get the waiters' attention. Given its high rates, The Lone Star offers little in the way of on-site facilities – there's no swimming pool, watersports centre or spa. However, the sea is very inviting (and there are snorkels and flippers to use), and a full concierge service is offered.
Among other things, any watersports activities can be arranged, as can a full range of spa treatments in your room, along with a personal fitness trainer, and private yoga or Pilates sessions.
Everybody in the know, knows that this is not the time to be visiting the Caribbean. It's very much the off season due to the weather so if she's paid for it, it will be relatively cheap and if gifted it's because there's no demand.

Those with true wealth go to the Caribbean in Dec, Jan, Feb then head back to Europe for ski season. Laura (much like Boris Johnson) is skint but is still trying to keep up with the Jones's by visiting these places in the low season

Reactions: 3
Do her children get 1 week or 2 for half term? Didn’t she go to the Maldives for a week earlier this year?? It’s pointless. Takes 3 days to get there and back!!!

Reactions: 2
She’s staying at the Lone Star? I thought it was just a restaurant. No way you’d stay there with kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.