The Fashion Bug Blog - Laura Wills #2 Being a mama is a slog, lucky there's 4 kids to flog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does Lisa Ing Marinelli have a thread on here? She’s really started to grate on me recently and her comments today show how totally out of touch she is - comparing her husband being away to being a full time parent despite having a full time nanny and her children in full time school. And then totally missing the point on why her followers weren’t impressed with those comments.
Just looked her up and wow. I’m definitely on the side of the person who messaged her about her privilege. Can you get any more tone deaf?

Reactions: 4
That’s gross because you know Hannah can more than afford it. Still, suppose she can buy more Chanel bags if she doesn’t have to buy a bed.

Reactions: 5
That’s gross because you know Hannah can more than afford it. Still, suppose she can buy more Chanel bags if she doesn’t have to buy a bed.
She “seems” like a good Mum and then exploits her 12 year old to make money she absolutely doesn’t need to buy yet more Hermes. I think it was a really really bad move and the mask slipped a little. Let’s hope she donated it so at least someone benefitted from the cringe ad.

She is one of the worst offenders for monetising her children IMO. Far worse than Laura.
I think they are as bad as each other. It’s awful anyone exploiting their children on social media. But when you are as wealthy as they are, it’s unforgivable and unbelievably risky.

Reactions: 9
She “seems” like a good Mum and then exploits her 12 year old to make money she absolutely doesn’t need to buy yet more Hermes. I think it was a really really bad move and the mask slipped a little. Let’s hope she donated it so at least someone benefitted from the cringe ad.

I think they are as bad as each other. It’s awful anyone exploiting their children on social media. But when you are as wealthy as they are, it’s unforgivable and unbelievably risky.
I agree. I think I prefer Hannah on a personal level (I've never met her, but hard to imagine she could me more unlikeable than Laura, who has the personality of a block of ice), but it is mad how much she exploits her kids. Especially Soleil, who often looks supremely self conscious in those ads. What is also odd is that Laura clearly realised the dangers of exposing her kids after reading here, she would stop doing it, and started just showing the backs of their heads etc, and stuck to that for a few weeks, then went back to full exposure. She is such an idiot, always putting her own gratification and desperate need to show off above her childrens' privacy and safety.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I love the relatability of buying her daughters matching £175 Chloe Gilets!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm sorry, I really don't like being judgey about kids but these influencers (Hannah S-T, Laura, mum life styled) put them out there so..... whilst they are perfectly normal, pretty little girls, they are in no way model material. One of my kids was a child model and I've been on lots of shoots with lots of beautiful, incredible looking children - there's just no way any of these would be doing runway shows and shoots if their mum wasn't an influencer.

It’s a great way of the brand basically monetising the children. They can get in front of the influencers followers instantly. It all makes me feel so uncomfortable.

Reactions: 8
It’s a great way of the brand basically monetising the children. They can get in front of the influencers followers instantly. It all makes me feel so uncomfortable.
It’s wildly exploitative. And they are not stupid enough to be completely oblivious to the obvious risks. I find it particularly hypocritical and reprehensible that mark and Hannah’s husband are rarely/never shown. Why do they allow their kids to be used in this way?
I feel sorry for Mila- she is generally the last to be collected from her class as Laura is always late to pick her up. Everyone is late now and again but it’s conspicuously often with Mila. She may like to act like she is a super mum but she is pretty chaotic.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I'm sorry, I really don't like being judgey about kids but these influencers (Hannah S-T, Laura, mum life styled) put them out there so..... whilst they are perfectly normal, pretty little girls, they are in no way model material. One of my kids was a child model and I've been on lots of shoots with lots of beautiful, incredible looking children - there's just no way any of these would be doing runway shows and shoots if their mum wasn't an influencer.
These ladies you quote above remind me of the pushy mums on programs like X Factor where they believe their little angel has the best voice ever! Their children are just normal looking kids but will have a massive chip on their shoulders thanks to their mums.

It’s wildly exploitative. And they are not stupid enough to be completely oblivious to the obvious risks. I find it particularly hypocritical and reprehensible that mark and Hannah’s husband are rarely/never shown. Why do they allow their kids to be used in this way?
I feel sorry for Mila- she is generally the last to be collected from her class as Laura is always late to pick her up. Everyone is late now and again but it’s conspicuously often with Mila. She may like to act like she is a super mum but she is pretty chaotic.
That is a brilliant point. They offer their husbands privacy but not their vulnerable children. Somehow I think I would feel a tiny bit better if they actually needed the money, I don’t know, perhaps I could understand more. But to bag a new mattress or some new shoes (in FBB’s case), when you have a collection of bags worth 50k, it’s just gross. I don’t think either of them (I only know of Fashion Bug and Hannah Stratford-Taylor) have thought any of this through long term.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
That is a brilliant point. They offer their husbands privacy but not their vulnerable children. Somehow I think I would feel a tiny bit better if they actually needed the money, I don’t know, perhaps I could understand more. But to bag a new mattress or some new shoes (in FBB’s case), when you have a collection of bags worth 50k, it’s just gross. I don’t think either of them (I only know of Fashion Bug and Hannah Stratford-Taylor) have thought any of this through long term.
You’re absolutely right- it feels much more reprehensible that they are exposing their kids out of sheer greed rather than actual need. And of course the medium to long term consequences are going to be hugely deleterious to their children. It is completely wrong to have violated their privacy without their informed consent. It is totally baffling to anyone with any sense whatsoever as the primary job of a parent is to keep their children safe, and in exposing them like this they are putting them in harm’s way. Poor Luna has her entire birth story laid out in graphic detail on the internet. Who wants to know what methods their parents used to try to bring on labour- including having lots of sex?! It will be mortifying for those kids to realise the extent to which their mother has exploited their childhoods, even before they left the womb.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
And now she has flitted off again on a trip with her mother. She loves to complain that she has no me-time, yet is able to have solo holidays, holidays with her husband, holidays with her mum…

• Heart
She is actually becoming unbearable! She’s changed so much over the past few years - I actually used to think she seemed quite lovely (when she just had Mila & Anouska), but the past couple of years she’s come across as stuck up, bitchy, and one of the “mean girls”. Oh and she’s left the children for another trip…!

Say what you want about HST but she still comes across as friendly, warm and genuine… she also NEVER leaves her children to swan off on holiday.

I do think both of them are tone deaf at the moment given the cost of living crisis - but maybe I’m the wrong audience 🙄

There’s so many of them tone deaf - even the more down to earth ones are now dripping in Chanel and flogging Farfetch codes - whilst the rest of the UK braces itself for a tough winter.

She is actually becoming unbearable! She’s changed so much over the past few years - I actually used to think she seemed quite lovely (when she just had Mila & Anouska), but the past couple of years she’s come across as stuck up, bitchy, and one of the “mean girls”. Oh and she’s left the children for another trip…!

Say what you want about HST but she still comes across as friendly, warm and genuine… she also NEVER leaves her children to swan off on holiday.

I do think both of them are tone deaf at the moment given the cost of living crisis - but maybe I’m the wrong audience 🙄
Meanwhile she has left Mark on daddy drop off and pick up duty...he must be having to take some leave whilst Laura is on this little frolic with her mum. Also find it a bit strange how she only seems to take her mum on these trips...I know they are very close but does she have no friends to go with?
Anyway, Laura missed an open morning at the school today. They only happen a couple of times a year, and parents go into the form rooms, see what their girls have been up to and chat to the teachers. Probably not a big deal to Laura, but not something most parents would miss if they avoid doing so.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Meanwhile she has left Mark on daddy drop off and pick up duty...he must be having to take some leave whilst Laura is on this little frolic with her mum. Also find it a bit strange how she only seems to take her mum on these trips...I know they are very close but does she have no friends to go with?
Anyway, Laura missed an open morning at the school today. They only happen a couple of times a year, and parents go into the form rooms, see what their girls have been up to and chat to the teachers. Probably not a big deal to Laura, but not something most parents would miss if they avoid doing so.
I love your tea ☕

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.