Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mcfeez

VIP Member
I just started watching this last week, almost done with season 3.

I echo whoever said above, quite obviously a "strong female character" written by a man. Some of the comments she makes with regards to feminism, misogyny are just very on the nose and a bit in your face cringe i.e. no subtlety at all. And the odd way apparently no man can resist her.

The series also seems to switch focus quite quickly. The police corruption plot in season 1 got dropped quite quickly. The very intense and in depth medical scenes at the beginning of season 3 felt like they were from a different tv show.

Reactions: 3

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Been years since I watched it, but I always empathised with him having to give up his nefarious deeds for a while because his kids got in the way. The struggle is real Paul 😩

• Haha

ShondyLife

Chatty Member
I really enjoyed this, its the second time I've watched it. The plot was full of holes, but the intensity between Spector and Gibson was electric.

Warpaint

VIP Member
I started this at the time but gave up fairly early on. Just recently binge watched it though and it's not too bad. Forgot how many Irish Hollyoaks actors were in it! It also took me a few episodes to spot Aisling Bea was in it too, she looked quite different.

As said above, it felt like it probably had another series in it. I don't buy Paul would give up that easy - especially as it was fairly straight forward to create a big distraction in there. Also the hospital scenes dragged at times. The first series was where it really shined.

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
Watched it these last few days and I absolutely loved it, didn’t really notice Stella’s whispering until I read the reviews after, I’m surprised by some of those to be honest but there are some very funny comments in the Guardian 😁.

Finished it this morning and that last episode , wow!😲.

Jennytea

VIP Member
Watched these when it first aired on TV. Jamie Dornan is my top actor and he makes things better tbh , wish 50 was wrote better, other things he as been in isn't bad either :)... his accent is just heaven to listen to 😂.. he's quite funny in barb and star visit del Mar
I hate when he has to act with an American accent, his real accent is everything 😍 loved his personality whenever he’s been on Graham Norton too

Dailychat

VIP Member
Watched this for the first time a few months ago and loved it. Admittedly Gillian Anderson's whispering drove me demented, but I can't stand anyone doing it.😀
The ending was the only thing I didn't like. It just didn't seem to fit Jamie's character at all.

To be fair I did find fifty shades cringey at times, whereas other than being terrified about him being a serial killer he is amazing in this role. Agree about the accent and beard 🤪 he’s just too beautiful
I have no idea why he did 50 shades, he’s a fantastic actor and you’d never know it from watching that. It’s total trash viewing. Which is fun enough to watch but never going to further careers

I really enjoyed binging it. I felt they dragged it out for too many series. But for once I didn’t hate the ending. Felt like the best outcome for someone who had turned full monster.

Reactions: 2

Georgethecat

VIP Member
I started this a few nights ago and currently halfway through season 2! Was initially hooked but now feel like it's a bit of an effort to watch, but maybe just because I was tired last night. 100% going to finish it though.

I hadn't heard it of it before and just selected the first suggested thing from Netflix while I was folding some washing, was surprised it was so old when I looked it up. Always nice when you find a new show and there's 3 seasons to watch.

Hello Kitty

VIP Member
I've just finished season 3 and I loved it. I agree seasons 2-3 wasn't as good but I still enjoyed watching them.

I wasn't expecting that to happen at the end of season 3 :oops: - would definitely watch it again. I'm going to miss watching Jamie Dornan every night :love:😂

Flyingbaby

VIP Member
Just finished this the last series was definitely better but i was hooked! I’ve never wanted a serial killer to get away with it! 😂😂😂😂 so twisted and brutal but very good!

The ending was so disappointing and I don’t think that action matched with his character at all.. He was very narcissistic, and really do not think he would’ve killed himself. Apparently they had to wrap it up due to Jamie, I’m assuming he didn’t want to continue or couldn’t due to 50 shades and other projects? Could’ve def done a better ending though, it didn’t fit his character at all !
Totally agree. I really liked his character and didn’t see how he’d want to commit suicide 😩 especially because he knew how his mums affected him and him having the two kids. Very strange. Was a great series though I really enjoyed it!

Esme

VIP Member
I’ve just started series 2, I’ve been gripped so far but find the idea of a serial killer so chilling and scary! I said to my husband it was scaring me (and last night I thought I heard noises in my front garden) but I’ve still carried on watching 😂
As for Jamie, loved him in fifty shades but in this he’s terrifying but still so hot 🥵

• Haha

DanaScully

Chatty Member
I loved it! But then I really like Gillian Anderson so am probably quite biased. 😂

I thought it was a little dry and tedious in places but overall I enjoyed the story.

Jennytea

VIP Member
SPOILER ALERT!🚨
Jamie Dornan is an amazing actor and I felt he really did this character proud! The ending kind of annoyed me, I thought he’d escape and go on the run while committing more crimes along the way but I was disappointed he committed suicide. I have so many questions...did Stella get to keep her job? Will she ever admit she had an obsession with Paul? Did she get together properly with Anderson in the end? Would sally-Anne / any of the kids go to Paul’s funeral? How did Katy take Paul’s death? They should definitely do a follow up type thing but I feel it’s maybe been to long now for them to pick it back up. Love that it was done in Belfast and seeing all the locations etc! Ps Olivia annoyed the hell out of me too, wee melter
The ending was so disappointing and I don’t think that action matched with his character at all.. He was very narcissistic, and really do not think he would’ve killed himself. Apparently they had to wrap it up due to Jamie, I’m assuming he didn’t want to continue or couldn’t due to 50 shades and other projects? Could’ve def done a better ending though, it didn’t fit his character at all !

Noseyoldcow

VIP Member
Really enjoyed it - so many twists and turns - just when you thought you knew what might happen, it switched up!