The Duggar Family #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm glad you found happiness but curious as to how you escaped? Was there a tipping point?
I posted in thread one about it. Simplest version is, I walked out the door while everyone was asleep.

But they are still promoting their religion as their main goal and whitewashing what Joshua was involved in. Yes, they used the word "evil" and fearing for his soul. But......

1. "We are saddened for the victims of horrific child abuse." Saddened? That's a word used when describing the feelings when your pet dies. How about: We are disgusted, outraged and in unbearable pain thinking of the torture of all those children in those tapes; two of whom who DIED during evil acts that Joshua derived pleasure from watching. "We are also saddened for Josh's family, etc etc." Using the same word - saddened. And again, with the almost legal mumbo-jumbo of being saddened for "Josh's family." Wtf - these are Jinger's brothers and sisters, Jeremy is their brother-in-law and uncle to Anna's children. Sounds like a form letter generated by a PR agent.
2. Second paragraph another plug for their religion.
3. Third paragraph: "Yet, amidst our sadness, there is gratitude. We are grateful that God cares for the innocent and the helpless." Yup, gotta keep sweet and never express anything but happy, happy, happy toward a God THAT ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN TO THESE CHILDREN IN THE FIRST PLACE. Gaslighting at its best and typical cult behavior. No room for being angry at God - which is OK to feel, people. But not in their world.
4.Fourth and fifth paragraphs being preached at again about the definition of Christianity.
5. Sixth paragraph: "We are thankful to God for exposing Josh's action." Ummmm. No. The FBI, police detectives, and the hardworking undercover agents exposed Josh's action. And "We are praying for those who have been wronged." Wronged? Are you kidding me? The children who survived this have been permanently damaged in their bodies and in their souls. Make no mistake about it: The ones who survived were spiritually murdered. They will never be normal and the families of these abducted children will NEVER heal from this.

The title of one of the films was: "The Destruction of Daisy: Watch How Daisy loses all Self Control and is Humiliated and Degraded." As she was raped, tortured, hung upside down, etc. Daisy was 3 years old. 😭 60 Minutes Australia did a documentary about Peter Skully, who made these films that Joshua downloaded on his computer. Go watch it. Then talk about prayer, gratitude and, oh, be sure to quote scripture from the New Testament to show off how "spiritual" you are. Cuz then your job is done.

I hope Anna's children are taken away from her and that the remaining minors in the Duggar house are removed as well. Remember when Jim Bob and Michelle did an arranged marriage between someone living in their home and a man who they knew was a convicted rapist and had served prison time for it? Funny how after they were married off they never again appeared on the show. Wonder how well that worked out.

Maybe we can all collectively agree to hide some bits behind spoiler tags or add trigger warnings? Theres a fair few members who have had to suffer this stuff and a couple of us who have lived through this cult.

I for one did not need to read that detail?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
For those about queer kids in IBLP. I can only talk about my experience but first and formost my parents were told to beat it out of me. Then they were to keep me so busy I wouldn't have time to think about being queer. They would make me read scripture about how I was evil and deserved to die. They had me go to weekly therapy with the leaders wife and keep me away from spending one on one alone time with girls outside of my family.
There were places (in the US) I could of been sent to but I convinced myself I was straight and became a raging homophobe to cover it up. Some of the things I said I am so ashamed of to this day.

Being Queer is the best though. Being straight was so boring 😅😅😅
I hope one day you can let that shame go, I’m sure many in your situation turn into homophobic people for a while and do their best to come across as straight as they can

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I posted in thread one about it. Simplest version is, I walked out the door while everyone was asleep.

Maybe we can all collectively agree to hide some bits behind spoiler tags or add trigger warnings? Theres a fair few members who have had to suffer this stuff and a couple of us who have lived through this cult.

I for one did not need to read that detail?
I'm sorry for the trauma you've been through.

I also apologize for the way I expressed my outrage and disgust about these very serious issues. I had just spent the day with my 3 year old granddaughter and that inevitably brings back flashbacks of when I was her age. I should have waited to process my own stuff before posting and I take responsibility for that.

Reactions: 6
I just saw cousin Amy's story (she is alone with Dax) and she left a barbed "One thing I won't be doing is falling asleep" comment on the photo.

Oh Jana.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I’m surprised we haven’t had statements from joy and jessa yet…I hope they aren’t still under JB’s thumb

I’m surprised we haven’t had statements from joy and jessa yet…I hope they aren’t still under JB’s thumb
Jessa I think is way too much under JB’s control still, I can’t imagine her or Ben posting a statement. I was really hopeful for Joy after Austin (and she) being at the trial so much and them learning the full horrific truth. But I wonder again if JB has managed to influence them back home 😕

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Jessa I think is way too much under JB’s control still, I can’t imagine her or Ben posting a statement. I was really hopeful for Joy after Austin (and she) being at the trial so much and them learning the full horrific truth. But I wonder again if JB has managed to influence them back home 😕
Ben has posted a statement. I think Ben and jessa are financially supported by Jim Bob in some capacity so they have to toe the line between taking a stand against josh and staying in Jim bobs good books. With joy and Austin they went to the trial to learn the truth plus Austin apparently got into a shouting match with anna so I think they are starting to form their own opinions on the situation and are not being influenced by Jim Bob. They are also reportedly on the very of being cut off by Jim bob because they have wanted the truth.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Jim Bob has shared this statement on on his senate campaign facebook page about josh and what he did.

• Sick
  • Angry
I don't believe that Ben & Jessa will ever break out of the mold JB cast them in. They have neither the financial nor the intellectual means to forge their own opinions nor to make their own path in life. They do however make good window dressing for JB and he pushes them to the forefront because they look great but can be relied upon to not make waves. They remind me of white dwarf stars. Extremely hot but not very bright.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Ben doesn’t have a day’s work in him. What does he actually DO to support his family? That’s right…nada! Dim Boob bank rolls them.

Ben doesn’t have a day’s work in him. What does he actually DO to support his family? That’s right…nada! Dim Boob bank rolls them.
No. Jim-Bob expends a little bit more of the money he made from exploiting all of his kids on Jessa & Ben. The fact is that all the kids bankroll JB and always did. He's still got Ben & Jessa working virtually unpaid. They get a small house they don't own to live in and some pocket money for Jessa to buy clothes from charity shops.

Ben and Jessa have continued working pretty much full time with Counting On. Keeping the family name out there and being the squeaky clean front for the cult. Though he's barely featured in the show, JB still got the cheques from TLC. He negotiated all the contracts and every member of that family has always been his minimum wage employee.

Well OK, they did work that job until Josh got yet another family cash cow cancelled with his sexual deviancy. Now they're just reliant on Instagram ad revenue income I guess. And I can't see too many sponsors sticking with them now the conviction is in. They would be poisonous to just about any brand no matter how Fundie the proprietors or the customer base might be.

No. Jim-Bob expends a little bit more of the money he made from exploiting all of his kids on Jessa & Ben. The fact is that all the kids bankroll JB and always did. He's still got Ben & Jessa working virtually unpaid. They get a small house they don't own to live in and some pocket money for Jessa to buy clothes from charity shops.

Ben and Jessa have continued working pretty much full time with Counting On. Keeping the family name out there and being the squeaky clean front for the cult. Though he's barely featured in the show, JB still got the cheques from TLC. He negotiated all the contracts and every member of that family has always been his minimum wage employee.

Well OK, they did work that job until Josh got yet another family cash cow cancelled with his sexual deviancy. Now they're just reliant on Instagram ad revenue income I guess. And I can't see too many sponsors sticking with them now the conviction is in. They would be poisonous to just about any brand no matter how Fundie the proprietors or the customer base might be.
What I meant was that Ben has never had a proper job since marrying Jessa, he has no skills or trade, relying on the family brand to live. Maybe now he’ll have to graft for a change to earn his living.
Does anyone remember his “rapping” attempt? I’ve never laughed so much in all my life. It was painful to watch. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So the rumours are that Maryella got out of the house at 22 months. Jana had been watching the children to allow Anna to be with him. I know as a parent how tiring it could be to constantly be with children and I had very little sleep with my youngest as he loved to be awake.
The whole issue is that Anna needed to be Joyfully Available to her husband rather than being the “mom” to her children. Someone asked Anna one time if she did a Buddy system and she had replied “no we don’t as I am the mom!”

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
What I meant was that Ben has never had a proper job since marrying Jessa, he has no skills or trade, relying on the family brand to live. Maybe now he’ll have to graft for a change to earn his living.
Does anyone remember his “rapping” attempt? I’ve never laughed so much in all my life. It was painful to watch. 😂
Had about as much rhythm as a house brick.

• Haha
Isn’t Ben a pastor? Or something along those lines. Sure I saw that somewhere.

And I’m hoping whatever Jana is going through, it seems that the onus is on the situation and not her.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
How can JimBob Duggar still have the nerve to run for Senate?!!
Seriously he should have the good grace to stand down. But then the man is an egotistical bully who believes he is above the law- his son is a pervert and yet he still thinks he (JB) is a suitable candidate to run for the Senate?!!
Surely he will never get elected.

Reactions: 16
Isn’t Ben a pastor? Or something along those lines. Sure I saw that somewhere.

And I’m hoping whatever Jana is going through, it seems that the onus is on the situation and not her.
It came out that he does/did one day a week in one of JB's "churches" and doesn't get paid for it, it's also been said he home schools the younger Duggars at the big house, he doesn't seem the sharpest tool in the box so lord only knows how he got that gig.....again in JB's pocket

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Not sure why people expect a statement from Joy. She has just learned (at the same time as the public!) the details of the abuse that happened to her. She's probably been gaslit her whole life about what happened to her. Give the girl some time to process