The DisUnplugged #3 Cruising on Fumes by nightmaresunlimitedtravel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
DVC channel - no pete for 3 weeks, last video 6 days ago
Disney Cruise channel - nothing posted for 3 weeks
DIS unplugged - nothing posted for 5 days, last dining review 2 weeks ago and only one brief appearance by pete in like 4 weeks.

Sad to see how this very popular disney channel has degenerated.
And if Panda, Rhyno and Erika are full time, what the hell? (Obvi, craig out on paternity leave)

Reactions: 6
Even though I said Craig shouldn’t be in front of the camera I never took away how talented he is in shooting video, editing, and producing programming. He’s not an on air personality and I won’t budge from that. Ryno just isn’t talented, and while he use to be fun and energetic he’s now a complaining and nasty person I don’t enjoy him anymore at all.
I completely agree about Ryno. I don't think he would know how to work at an actual job with regular hours. He's the complete embodiment of the entitled work force now who don't want to work hard but expect free lunches. I used to like him when he was new on the show. But I've realized how fake he is. And after meeting him and spending time with him, I was disappointed by how actually unkind he really is.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I completely agree about Ryno. I don't think he would know how to work at an actual job with regular hours. He's the complete embodiment of the entitled work force now who don't want to work hard but expect free lunches. I used to like him when he was new on the show. But I've realized how fake he is. And after meeting him and spending time with him, I was disappointed by how actually unkind he really is.
and he literally said he doesn't feel comfortable vlogging with a camera in the parks... Literally his job lol

one of the Disneyland videos he look so uncomfortable and embarrassed looking over his shoulder non stop while filming with Craig

• Haha
Reactions: 2
DVC channel - no pete for 3 weeks, last video 6 days ago
Disney Cruise channel - nothing posted for 3 weeks
DIS unplugged - nothing posted for 5 days, last dining review 2 weeks ago and only one brief appearance by pete in like 4 weeks.

Sad to see how this very popular disney channel has degenerated.
And if Panda, Rhyno and Erika are full time, what the hell? (Obvi, craig out on paternity leave)
Another DVC show with no Pete/just Paul and Amy this morning and this time Panda Skyping in. I realize they don’t necessarily owe us anything but at the rate they’re going, the channel is going down the toilet. And I have no problem with these three on the bc show, but 3-4 weeks of Skype shows is getting old. I know a lot of people can cover his Tuesday show regardless of quality but I’m surprised he’s giving up his beloved dvc and cruise shows especially when they usually bulk film those for a few weeks at a time. If I were DVC resale market i would be reconsidering my sponsorship with the dvc show.
Overall I’m not expecting anything fresh until after the new year at this point.

Reactions: 5
I haven't watched any Dis channels in a while but I guess Pete's addiction to buying DVC points has faded and he's losing interest in producing content for it? Now that DCL has announced a Pearl status for members he'll be chasing that

Reactions: 4
Another DVC show with no Pete/just Paul and Amy this morning and this time Panda Skyping in. I realize they don’t necessarily owe us anything but at the rate they’re going, the channel is going down the toilet. And I have no problem with these three on the bc show, but 3-4 weeks of Skype shows is getting old. I know a lot of people can cover his Tuesday show regardless of quality but I’m surprised he’s giving up his beloved dvc and cruise shows especially when they usually bulk film those for a few weeks at a time. If I were DVC resale market i would be reconsidering my sponsorship with the dvc show.
Overall I’m not expecting anything fresh until after the new year at this point.
It's surprising too becasue the DVC show seemed to be his baby. Paul and Amy are boring and I will not watch if it's just them with Panda. He may just be losing interest. He started a Facebook DVC page too, he's rarely around these days and if he is it's almost always about cruising.

It's surprising too becasue the DVC show seemed to be his baby. Paul and Amy are boring and I will not watch if it's just them with Panda. He may just be losing interest. He started a Facebook DVC page too, he's rarely around these days and if he is it's almost always about cruising.
Nothing against them, but they don't have the personalities to carry a show by themselves. It is sad to see Pete just give up on things that he was once excited about. That is a theme I see a lot with this channel, Pete starts things and then loses interest in a short time period.

Reactions: 11
Nothing against them, but they don't have the personalities to carry a show by themselves. It is sad to see Pete just give up on things that he was once excited about. That is a theme I see a lot with this channel, Pete starts things and then loses interest in a short time period.
I have to give Paul and Amy credit in that they seem to be somewhat knowledgeable and are at least trying to provide content and information.

However, you are right, they don't have the personality/charisma to carry the shows when Pete is not on; and it feels like Pete just doesnt have the same interest in DVC that he did 2 years ago, which means the show is probably sentenced to a slow death.

Reactions: 8
Agree about the sponsorships. What do they get for their money at this point? And same for Dreams, the show was a great tool to promote it.

They must be loosing Patreons at this point too. In a week all they have posted is one after show and a boardwalk picture post.

Maybe he's just doing wedding planning.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Paul and Amy are great. DVC show is fine. They have great knowledge to carry them through the show

Its the disunplugged thats going down the toilet

Reactions: 3
Agree about the sponsorships. What do they get for their money at this point? And same for Dreams, the show was a great tool to promote it.

They must be loosing Patreons at this point too. In a week all they have posted is one after show and a boardwalk picture post.
Well Dreams is Pete's company so that's one thing. But World of DVC at this point is sponsoring a failing show. For christ's sake, they could have pulled in their team in their own studio (world of Disney releases a podcast monthy from their HQ), or they could have bulk recorded a few episodes in Pete's studio even if it were with Amy, Paul, and a few reps from the DVC resale market.

I only really got into this when I was buyin resale DVC in 2020 so I do apologize for pushing that a little much, but I think it's the same sentiment across the board on all the shows.

And again, I love Paul and Amy. I saw them in Morocco at Epcot once and would have loved to say Hi, but it such a niche community and my social anxiety doesn't love the idea of forcing conversation on someone who may not want it. I think they have a lot to offer and I appreciate their content, it is just not the same.

I haven't watched any Dis channels in a while but I guess Pete's addiction to buying DVC points has faded and he's losing interest in producing content for it? Now that DCL has announced a Pearl status for members he'll be chasing that
Once he sold a ton of his resale and bought Aulani and Riviera direct, there's not much excitement.

Someone on the DVC fan page asked where Pete was/if he was okay. The post was shut down by PK. I just looked at it and it says "an admin shut down posting" but when I first saw it, it said that "PK shut down posting."

Paul and Amy are great. DVC show is fine. They have great knowledge to carry them through the show

I agree, I think Paul and Amy are great and, to be honest, way more knowledgable than Pete is about DVC. I think if Pete acknowledged that he needed to prioritze his focus areas and nominate people to focus on where he can not, that the entire community would welcome Paul and Amy with open arms as the DVC ambassadors for The DIS, and that they would make the show their own, assuming they made some kind of money to keep it up. Otherwise, as others have said, it's a sinking ship.

Last edited:
I also like Paul and Amy a lot. Both know tons about DVC. I found the other DIS channels because of the DVC show when I was buying a resale contract 9 months ago (not with World of DVC - they are slimy). I think they are great.

However, they are not natural performers. That is where Pete comes in. God for forgive him, but Pete is a natural performer.

Reactions: 5
Yes Paul and Amy are nice but they have the charisma of paint drying.

Reactions: 9
I also like Paul and Amy a lot. Both know tons about DVC. I found the other DIS channels because of the DVC show when I was buying a resale contract 9 months ago (not with World of DVC - they are slimy). I think they are great.

However, they are not natural performers. That is where Pete comes in. God for forgive him, but Pete is a natural performer.
Agree. And that’s why the last few weeks have been disappointing. And why I say then having their own freedom vs just “saving face” for Pete right now would make a world of difference. After all it wasn’t long ago that he told his patrons that he considered selling the dis.

Reactions: 2
Completely speculation but I am convinced Panda is part of a deal to turn the show over and it’s currently in a transitional stage for the audience to adjust. It doesn’t make sense why he promotes Panda’s website, etc. I also feel like the timing lines up with John and Kevin no longer showing up. They showed up like once to promote an ABD group trip they needed to fill. Again speculating but I bet they don’t see value in the time investment if the transition is already in the work.

Reactions: 11
What’s the tea on the guy Ben who was baking cookies and looked like he took his tit too seriously like the definition of a stuck up prick. He was unceremoniously dropped as well did Pete bake in that oven too?
I want to bring this back up - because I'm curious as well. That guy took cookies SERIOUSLY.

And I'm in quite the minority here, but I actually like Panda. He seems like a guy who'd be fun to hangout with.

Completely speculation but I am convinced Panda is part of a deal to turn the show over and it’s currently in a transitional stage for the audience to adjust. It doesn’t make sense why he promotes Panda’s website, etc. I also feel like the timing lines up with John and Kevin no longer showing up. They showed up like once to promote an ABD group trip they needed to fill. Again speculating but I bet they don’t see value in the time investment if the transition is already in the work.
I believe this scenario makes the most sense! The promoting Panda's site, I think is the tell tale sign. I like Panda, but he had his own thing for awhile and some traction, but not like the Dis. I don't think the lineup is strong enough without Pete to gain a large following yet.

Reactions: 3
I am very curious about how this will pan out. It has been obvious for a while that Pete doesn't want to do the shows any longer. He has mentioned selling before. I am curious what that would mean for the boards as well as Dreams. If Dreams isn't mentioned any longer on the DIS because the ownership separates, I would be curious to see if that business dies. I also remember the last show John and Kevin were on. As soon as I saw them I thought I bet they are promoting a trip.

Reactions: 1
I enjoyed the shows because Pete and many of the others brought not only a love of the parks to them, but also understanding of the business side of running them. No one seems to enjoy the parks anymore and people like Panda and whatever other randos show up on Tuesdays now don't bring any of that insight. And Bob Chapek spent more time in Disney World than Erika has.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.