The DisUnplugged #3 Cruising on Fumes by nightmaresunlimitedtravel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes it turned me stomach when he said i got house keeping every day because of who I am, and then Kevin followed up with I got house keeping every day and no one knows me. LOL Also the story about the ring was Very strange and it seemed like it made John uncomfortable. There was just no comments about his wedding from the group. So strange.
I think Kevin and John were together by then.. he probably just knows how much that ring cost and doesn't think the marriage will work and is worried his business partner is about to lose a lot of money

Reactions: 5
I don’t know the timeline definitively to say that ring was once John’s, but just seeing his expressions I just wanted to reach through my phone and give the man a hug. That was an awkward watch.
Someone on here said they weren't together by that time, but it was really weird of Pete to mention that he bought it when they were in DL all those years ago. Very awkward and not the appropriate time to bring it up on air.

Reactions: 3
Someone on here said they weren't together by that time, but it was really weird of Pete to mention that he bought it when they were in DL all those years ago. Very awkward and not the appropriate time to bring it up on air.
Pete’s going to bring up this wedding and engagement anytime he can. And it’s a loooong time until October.
In the meantime, Gio doesn’t even know Pete by looking at his insta. Weird.

Reactions: 4
I’m more of a Kevin fan than most on here, and he absolutely nailed it was a monologue/rant by Pete, NOT a discussion. He spit fire this week.

Also, I’ve been engaged. I get how excited one (Like Pete) can be for the wedding, I do. That said, I felt so bad for John as Pete hijacked the cruise ad read (and I sure hope they report back on that Egypt/Israel cruise; that sounds like a lot of fun) to talk about the wedding and the honeymoon…and then the ring discussion.

I don’t know the timeline definitively to say that ring was once John’s, but just seeing his expressions I just wanted to reach through my phone and give the man a hug. That was an awkward watch.

Agree, Kevin is my favorite person on the DIS.

His dining reviews from back in the day are gold

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Kevin is snooty but he's always made me laugh. John is like a teddy bear and seems like a genuinely good person.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Kevin is snooty but he's always made me laugh. John is like a teddy bear and seems like a genuinely good person.
And I think that’s what made the Dreams podcast work for me. Yes, it’s a giant ad for the agency but it never FELT like one given how relatively approachable it is as a show.

I’m sure I could never afford all those trips Kevin & John go on but it was always “Hey, let’s invite you over to our house and talk about this awesome trip we went on and take you along for the ride” sort of a thing instead of feeling like you’re talked down to, which is leagues ahead of what the main show is now.

Reactions: 11
I agree this week's episode was the best one in a while (honestly haven't watched or listened in a few months) & I think it's because of who was on the panel. It was more like an old school show. And yes, I am a Kevin stan.

I really am over Pete & his gloating about allll the cruises & vacations he takes though. Bragging about making your fiance take off for a month for your wedding & honeymoon...makes me think of the sentiment about how people who are actually happy don't have to go around saying they're happy, especially on the internet.

Reactions: 9
Brag all you want you still had to essentially pay for your “husband”

I agree this week's episode was the best one in a while (honestly haven't watched or listened in a few months) & I think it's because of who was on the panel. It was more like an old school show. And yes, I am a Kevin stan.

I really am over Pete & his gloating about allll the cruises & vacations he takes though. Bragging about making your fiance take off for a month for your wedding & honeymoon...makes me think of the sentiment about how people who are actually happy don't have to go around saying they're happy, especially on the internet.
Well, Sean did say when you are with Pete it is expected you are available for every trip/thing he wants to do at the drop of a hat!

Pete definitely came across as insufferable on this weeks episode. Everything he says come off as a brag and not a humble brag in any way. Like we get it, you have money. 🙄

Also feels like all the mentions of the wedding come across as trying to rub it in his ex face.

Panda and Theresa were weirdly quite in this episode. Kevin was amazing!

We'll we might not see Kevin again because who wants to drive across town for a Disney podcast where the host doesn't let anyone else talk and wants to talk about their wedding.
Also the negative talk about Sean was awkward and I don't think anybody agreed or was enthusiastic. It was odd.

Reactions: 8
We'll we might not see Kevin again because who wants to drive across town for a Disney podcast where the host doesn't let anyone else talk and wants to talk about their wedding.
Also the negative talk about Sean was awkward and I don't think anybody agreed or was enthusiastic. It was odd.
What did they say about Sean? I couldn't find that part.

Reactions: 7
]
What did they say about Sean? I couldn't find that part.
Same! I know I did miss a few parts, that must be one of them. After all Sean has shared and taken the time to listen to here, it’s pretty clear he’s a good person. He doesn’t deserve to continue to have his name brought up by someone in that way.

Kevin was in honey badger mode and it was great. He can be very annoying talking about how things have changed since 1972; but his absolute lack of duck giving is gold when it come a to Pete.

• Haha
Totally agree with you on John. Even though Kevin redeemed himself a little this past week, I still consider him to be a male Karen.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
He didn't talk directly about Sean. He just emphasized how bad his last relationship was and how he wasn't getting his needs met at all. I wish I had the time stamp so I could quote correctly but it seems like he did everything but outright call Sean selfish. His name was not said.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
@The Mando you think this will finalize and go through? Have you ever met Gio?

I have not met Gio, but I heard many Stories from Pete. Pete said they are 'a perfect match' etc etc so hopefully that is still the case. I do imagine this would go through, it would take Gio ending it for it to stop. The only way for Pete to move past one person is to completely throw himself to the next one. When I met him he was so hung up on Dustin that he would just sob every time I would even speak to him and I think Dustin had already been gone a long time. This was in April of 2017? Y'all would know that timeline better than me with Dustin. Pete determined that our anniversary was July 1 2017 (with absolutely no consult with me) because its 'the day he fell in love with me' - despite the fact that he was still paying me by the day and I was in a relationship with someone else. I asked him at one point, 'so wait a minute, our 'anniversary' doesn't even involve me, it's just when you felt a one-sided love for me?' and he said 'yep'. So he was able to get beyond Dustin within 3 months after being heads over heels for years and spending every second wanting him back. So, I have no doubt in my mind that Pete has moved in similar fashion with Gio.

A few months back, I was in the parks and I stopped dead in my tracks because I knew Pete was near. The people I was with were like, omg do you have like a sixth sense and Im like, no, I smell him. Pete smokes so much that he has to constantly drown himself in cologne to cover the scent (which works cause he doesn't smell like cigarettes surprisingly) but he wears Le Labo - Santal 33 and it's very very strong, so I always could smell him before I ever saw him. I know the cologne well because he wore it everyday and every time we went into a designer store, the person making commission would first compliment Petes purse and then say how wonderful he smelled. Pete would reply, 'Santal 33 by Le Labo, it's the number 1 selling scent in the world right now but I've been wearing it a while now. It's getting a little trendy so I might switch'......every time. Anyway, I smelled him and then I saw him coming around a corner with Gio. So, that is the only time I've actually 'seen' Gio and of course he was carrying about 5 bags and was walking about 5 steps behind Pete.

This isn't even meant to be shady (maybe a little) but I go to the parks constantly and I know its the one place that I would never run into Pete cause he's never in the parks, so thats why it was so shocking. But then I remembered they moved the DIS event to that day so then it made sense as to why he was there like 10 minutes before park close.

Reactions: 14
I have not met Gio, but I heard many Stories from Pete. Pete said they are 'a perfect match' etc etc so hopefully that is still the case. I do imagine this would go through, it would take Gio ending it for it to stop. The only way for Pete to move past one person is to completely throw himself to the next one. When I met him he was so hung up on Dustin that he would just sob every time I would even speak to him and I think Dustin had already been gone a long time. This was in April of 2017? Y'all would know that timeline better than me with Dustin. Pete determined that our anniversary was July 1 2017 (with absolutely no consult with me) because its 'the day he fell in love with me' - despite the fact that he was still paying me by the day and I was in a relationship with someone else. I asked him at one point, 'so wait a minute, our 'anniversary' doesn't even involve me, it's just when you felt a one-sided love for me?' and he said 'yep'. So he was able to get beyond Dustin within 3 months after being heads over heels for years and spending every second wanting him back. So, I have no doubt in my mind that Pete has moved in similar fashion with Gio.

A few months back, I was in the parks and I stopped dead in my tracks because I knew Pete was near. The people I was with were like, omg do you have like a sixth sense and Im like, no, I smell him. Pete smokes so much that he has to constantly drown himself in cologne to cover the scent (which works cause he doesn't smell like cigarettes surprisingly) but he wears Le Labo - Santal 33 and it's very very strong, so I always could smell him before I ever saw him. I know the cologne well because he wore it everyday and every time we went into a designer store, the person making commission would first compliment Petes purse and then say how wonderful he smelled. Pete would reply, 'Santal 33 by Le Labo, it's the number 1 selling scent in the world right now but I've been wearing it a while now. It's getting a little trendy so I might switch'......every time. Anyway, I smelled him and then I saw him coming around a corner with Gio. So, that is the only time I've actually 'seen' Gio and of course he was carrying about 5 bags and was walking about 5 steps behind Pete.

This isn't even meant to be shady (maybe a little) but I go to the parks constantly and I know its the one place that I would never run into Pete cause he's never in the parks, so thats why it was so shocking. But then I remembered they moved the DIS event to that day so then it made sense as to why he was there like 10 minutes before park close.
Oh No, I love Santal 33. My boyfriend wears it all the time. Now every time he wears it I'm gonna think of tacky shirts and gold chains.

That anniversary stuff is crazy, clearly the only viewpoint that matters to Pete is his own.
Thank you again Sean!! 😘

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.