The DIS Unplugged Pete Warner. Not so rave thread.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wish Deni and Jackie had their own pod, they're pretty much the only Dis people I can tolerate at this point.

Reactions: 6
I wish Deni and Jackie had their own pod, they're pretty much the only Dis people I can tolerate at this point.
I cannot stand Jackie she is way too Pollyanna and will absolutely refuse to say anything negative about Disney.

Reactions: 7
I cannot stand Jackie she is way too Pollyanna and will absolutely refuse to say anything negative about Disney.
I like her too but she was overboard about the health precautions for Covid but it’s like…come on focus on yourself before you dole out health advice.

Reactions: 4
That's harsh. She's upbeat and positive and will speak her mind if she's found something to complain about, which is rare.

Is it annoying? Sure, it certainly can be when combined with the giggles but her attitude is refreshing compared to Pete and Craig.

I like her too but she was overboard about the health precautions for Covid but it’s like…come on focus on yourself before you dole out health advice.
What specifically about Jackie and COVID precautions bothered you?

Reactions: 2
Well he is a recovering drug addict, so perhaps his brain is a bit fried from all the drinking and drugs he did in his youth.
Not to downplay actual addiction… but I have always thought Pete was playing up his whole addiction thing? Almost like he’s now addicted to being defensively sober and enjoys the reaction he gets. But his mentions of his past just made me think he drank a lot and smoked weed? Do we know if he was addicted to something harder?

Regardless yeah his speech pattern is crazy? And he gets mad when people interrupt him but it sounds like he’s grasping for thoughts most of the time? Haha he just does NOT look healthy these days

Reactions: 3
Anyone else having a hard time taking Pete's "dinning reviews" seriously?
He loves to pretend they are completely neutral reviews yet he loves an obvious presence in the restaurant and then has to do a loud and intrusive video with audio while still at the table. Other reviewers do a very nice job of showing the food and then adding voice over later without making it a performance art. His reviews mean nothing other than that he got to puff out his chest and entertain Si Disney and Panda and whomever else got to dine for free. Sad really.

He loves to pretend they are completely neutral reviews yet he loves an obvious presence in the restaurant and then has to do a loud and intrusive video with audio while still at the table. Other reviewers do a very nice job of showing the food and then adding voice over later without making it a performance art. His reviews mean nothing other than that he got to puff out his chest and entertain Si Disney and Panda and whomever else got to dine for free. Sad really.
Honestly I can’t even watch the reviews it makes me so uncomfortable thinking about being his server… are those dining with him not also embarrassed ?

Agreed, and he loves to review the server and tell people to ask for them when that isn’t how Disney seats guests. It’s almost like an excuse to be a crappy tipper. I wouldn’t want to be serving his table. Nope.

Reactions: 1
That's harsh. She's upbeat and positive and will speak her mind if she's found something to complain about, which is rare.

Is it annoying? Sure, it certainly can be when combined with the giggles but her attitude is refreshing compared to Pete and Craig.
She's very upbeat as a human but she's definitely not afraid of speaking her mind. She publicly commented on Carlye Wisel's post the other day saying something like "my extended family doesn't want to visit disney anytime soon because they don't think it's worth it, and I can't think of any good reason to convince them otherwise." I think she's a positive person, but not inauthentic or fake about it.
Also can we not do fat-shaming? Just because someone exists in a large body doesn't mean they're being hypocritical about Covid precautions Thanks.

Reactions: 9
She's very upbeat as a human but she's definitely not afraid of speaking her mind. She publicly commented on Carlye Wisel's post the other day saying something like "my extended family doesn't want to visit disney anytime soon because they don't think it's worth it, and I can't think of any good reason to convince them otherwise." I think she's a positive person, but not inauthentic or fake about it.
Also can we not do fat-shaming? Just because someone exists in a large body doesn't mean they're being hypocritical about Covid precautions Thanks.
Agree... but as I was quoted, for the record, I wasn't fat shaming.

@Jafar any insight as to why he totally booted the whole Disneyland team out to dry when they were a fun little team who did the podcast Sundays?

I laughed out loud when Pete said that Disney's best option was to go to the Supreme Court ahahaha, great legal mind Peter.

• Haha
“I have to be careful when I take my mom on pod cruises because people swarm her.”

Well then Pete how about you stop parading your 90yr old mother around just to stroke your own ego.

• Haha
I've always wanted to hear the behind the scenes of that.
If you can see how what's below applies very nearly entirely, then you can understand why those who have any semblance of self worth and ethical conviction would not work there for very long.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Checklist of Cult Characteristics:

The group is focused on a living leader to whom members seem to display excessively zealous, unquestioning commitment.
The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.
The group is preoccupied with making money.
Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.
Mind-numbing techniques (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, debilitating work routines) are used to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).
The leadership dictates sometimes in great detail how members should think, act, and feel
The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s), and members
The group has a polarized us- versus-them mentality, which causes conflict with the wider society
The group's leader is not accountable to any authorities
The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify means that members would have considered unethical before joining the group
The leadership induces guilt feelings in members in order to control them.
Members' subservience to the group causes them to cut ties with family and friends, and to give up personal goals and activities that were of interest before joining the group.
Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group.
Members are encouraged or required to live and/or socialize only with other group members.

@Jafar any insight as to why he totally booted the whole Disneyland team out to dry when they were a fun little team who did the podcast Sundays?

• Wow
The DVC Dining Experience show today … Ugh … now Pete decided he wants another show too. Oh goodie.

Paul and Amy Krieger need to take a seat. They have nothing to add yet their mouths love to yap yap yap like Pete’s lap dogs. When Amy starts her gravely whine I have to mute her, Pete thinks he is a restaurant critic and has no idea.

Can someone tell Pete his striped sailer boy polo shirt needs to find a burn barrel?

This video is so bad. Entertaining if you can laugh through it but what a joke. 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.