Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jafar

I guess you didn't understand what I meant. How would you know for a fact what their income is from Ad words? My comment had to do with only the owners would know for a fact. I wasn't referring to if John runs the website etc
The purpose if this site is to remain anonymous. To elaborate more would defeat that purpose. I appreciate and understand that you could be skeptical so the most I can say is that you can believe me or not. I can also tell you if you go back and listen to ALL the podcasts from the very start, almost everything I have posted has been mentioned or supported on one of them. I didn't join this to make things up.

I am not doubting anyone but I have run websites with high traffic and you don't make a million from Google ads. I am only commenting on that because I know this. I don't know anything about YouTube income, or sponsorships from DVC or magic candle etc but the comment was about their site which does not have enough traffic for that amount of income. It takes a lot of ad clicks to make a million. Now unless I'm missing that they have other ads on their site then that's different. But to say that they make the same amount from ad words as they do from running their agency, even logically it doesn't make sense.
If they made that much they wouldn't make their Spanish site a whole new site, they would just link it from their existing site.
Also understand that the Disboards has been around for 20+ years. In that time, someone who may or may not have a business arrangement to receive a significant amount of that income over those 20+ years could, today, be very rich. In addition, the income generation rate may have adjusted as the internet took hold.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5

peteykirch

VIP Member
Fiasco was so bad that they had to scrub his review of jambalaya from the French Quarter off the internet. He tried doing a solo food review and it was so bad that it lasted maybe a hour or two online and then was removed. Really made me wonder if he had the permission to do things on his own.

• Haha

mrtoadswildson

The podcast cruise event did come off as self-congratulatory with all that sobbing, acting like they all worked together to cure cancer....but whatever, that's always going to be their style and they were in front of their minions.

Love_the_kitz

VIP Member
TBH, they don't owe the viewers any information on their health or personal lives. For the most part they keep the shows professional and don't dwell on any of that unless it impacts a review or situation they came up against with travel or the parks.

Pneumothoraxes can be caused by a whole realm of issues, and even perfectly healthy people have been known to have it happen.

I don't think Pete would allow any of his crew to put anyone in danger.

Last edited:
I totally believe Pete is a tyrant boss. You can tell on some of the shows that his crew looks completely scared when he introduces them, like he just got done yelling at one of them.

mrtoadswildson

To me, Fiasco was relatable in a regular guy sort of way. I get why people shade his palate and pronunciation, but I didn't get the smug vibe at all...especially compared to the rest of that group!

I didn't find him as dry and boring as Craig, Deni, Paul, Jackie. He didn't bitch all the time, and was simply more upbeat, which was refreshing. To be fair, Deni is upbeat, but it can come across in that weird okaly-dokaly ned flanders style.

His knowledge of the parks was definitely greater than his culinary expertise (although a monkey could review chicken fingers and cookies).

Haley was not ready for prime time when she started but improved somewhat (from a low baseline). I don't think they should have used her on every review like they were at the end.

Charm

Chatty Member
I think Fiasco has a lot of debt. What was his medical issue?
Deni is fine, but she's slightly annoying. It seems as if she just repeats what everyone else has already said, but with this long, drawn out, saga of a story.

I ALWAYS NOTICE THAT why is he always fucking repeating himself?

The steak was really good

pause

the steak was really good
And, he does this thing that looks as if he's throwing up in his mouth, or holding in a belch mid sentence.

Murray9000

VIP Member
Perfect description. When I see her hosting the show, I skip it. She seems like a nice lady, but I watch The Dis for opinions and reactions, not solely for information. I already know her opinion - she loves it and it's the best and even if its crap and overpriced, she appreciates the effort and it's great. Basically if it could just be Pete, Craig and Ryno every episode, it would be great. Teresa can drop in every once in a while - she's funny. I used to like John and Kevin when they did restaurant reviews, but now all John does is sell and Kevin just basically retells old stories and talks about musicals 100% of the time.
Deni is the Grinch when you compare her to Jackie.

• Haha

Jafar

Interesting I did not know that. No wonder he had to put up with how lousy the Dreams site is and 90s looking....right down to the font
They talk about the business relationship on some of the earlier podcasts

The DVC Show changed sponsors to World of DVC. So, everyone from DVCstore.com (Jerry and Jamie who were regulars on the old show no longer appear).

Peter Scheidle and his friend used to post DVC availability prediction calendars on DISboards. It allowed you to go to certain dates to see what would likely be available without logging in to the DVC Web site. They turned the calendars into the DVC Availability Tool Web site and sold confirmed DVC reservations from sponsors and ads.

Pete Werner had a fit and banned them from the shows and even DISboards.

Scheidle has his own DVC news podcast on the My DVC Points network now.

Pretty sure Amy Krieger actually freelances for Moving to Orlando and both of them freelance for DVCFan. They're the main moderators on the Facebook group.

I wouldn't recommend it. It's overly moderated and you can't post links from outside The DIS or Disney even if they're "news." The DIS is so slow to post anything, it's a joke of a news Web site.

I will say Amy is actually very nice and helpful. I've had to deal with her a few times at Monera. She doesn't produce the show. The show could use a decent producer and updated content. It's become pretty stagnate even for a DVC show.
Yea I'm sure that's true but she doesn't actually work for Pete from how they describe it.
As far as switching sponsors, I'm absolutely certain Pete did that to start Moving to Orlando as a way to keep Sean close. Since he can't be his romantic partner he made him a business partner. That required a real estate broker to sponsor them as realtors. The brokerage for the new sponsor World of DVC is also the brokerage for Moving to Orlando. He got rid of a loyal 20 year sponsor in the DVC Store to give his ex-boyfriend a business. Thats my take anyway.

Last edited:

MojoFilter

That Citricos review was terrible. They were rude as fuck and Drake wasn’t even coherent, not that he ever is. I felt bad for the CMs.

The dining reviews many moons ago used to be pretty good, as long as Pete wasn't being over the top complimentary or over the top critical, but after covid they just started showing snacks and quick service.
This is exactly why I started following them in 2015. It was my first trip to WDW and there were too many restaurants to choose from, so I found them really helpful. Now even Disney is giving me more parks info than Pete et al.

shadee91762

VIP Member
I always wonder if it's awkward for Kevin knowing that at one time Pete and John were screwing and now they just co own a travel agency together

Who would want to visit uncle Pete? Such a grouch. 🤣

As much money as he's always flexing on merch. Tickets. Trips. Suites. After hours events etc. I think even I could put up with Aunt Pete for a day or two.

Lol

wtc50e

Chatty Member
All the jewelry and cruises and you couldn’t keep Sean Faulk who’s a 4/10 at best!?

• Haha
I just watched the latest dinning review with fiasco. Man, he looked like such a smug prick for being terrible at food reviews.

• Haha

Loueylouay

VIP Member
I used to be a dis fan but Pete is just so full of himself and his rants include him repeating himself 10 times and everyone has to be quiet and not interrupt. The only way he gets interrupted are when he does those mid rant burps. He acts like he sits with the Disney execs at their board meetings. You have a travel agency, you didn't invent the wheel! John is obviously a nicer person but I noticed even
he is starting to act like Pete too, maybe that's Kevin's fault. I think everyone that works there too long they get smug. Fiasco and Ryno are a good example. Corey thinks he is an IT genius because he put the forums up years ago or oh wow he made a new logo, only took 6 months. The same standard chat room template everyone had. The team used to be very insightful but now it's just about so much ego and crankiness. Their live shows used to add so much valuable information.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Pete buying into DVC was the second worst move he could have made for his channel.
I think that show shows the worst of Pete, he’s off the scale nasty and patronising to fiasco, and it’s so vulgar watching him talk/gloat about buying extra points or contracts like he’s buying a take away coffee, it feels like he WANTS to make everyone jealous, it makes me feel like the DVC community must be a very competitive place to be, I don’t like Pete but he’s getting worse and worse.

at the start of the pandemic he was so grateful for the support he was getting from the audience, then he went straight back to being a nasty man who happens to have replaced his alcohol addiction with a Disney addiction.

minimax

Chatty Member
Ryno is very close to quitting, right? He complains non-stop on every video and is just openly hostile to viewers at this point. The only time he's been happy recently is when he got to play dress-up on the Star Wars trip you need to remortgage to pay for.
Like 90% of the people on The DIS are so... angry or just mostly negative. For their jobs being about content on the most magical place on earth they seem irritated and bothered and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth when I watch. WDW has issues, more now then ever, but when your paid to go to theme parks everyday and eat and have fun and you rage about everything??