Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mkmilkshake

Make the m

My Patreon expires in a couple of months. The first 10 minutes of the Patreon aftershow post podcast cruise was Pete going on and on about how he paid $15K on the cruise ship for a 3-carat blue diamond ring. He said, "I got a deal, it was originally $30K." I had to turn it off.
You should check out todays show on tipping on DCL. I’m not sure I learned much about tipping policies on Disney cruises but I did learn from Pete that:

1) he is known around as a good tipper(is that globally Pete or just stateside?)
2) he only stays concierge and feels that class of cabin does not have a well defined tipping policy
3) he tips his cabana attendants well(he always stays in a cabana when on CC) because he expects a lot
4) he tipped very well during his drinking days

Incredibly helpful Pete. Thanks

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Jafar

Remember they were doing an update and it took Corey 4 months. It was because the forum template of 1997 was extinct and he had to do a migration. A 2 week job at most. Also took the same amount of time to make a new logo. On the Tuesday show, Corey said that he works 24 hrs a day. On what?
On that show Pete saying how he wants to write a book about his life, he said because boy do I have a story to tell. He is so full of himself. Dude everyone has a story to tell...I can think of 10 people I know personally that their story is way more interesting than yours. The guy made a company and he thinks he is the only one to do that. It is really hilarious to watch someone brag so much about owning a pedestrian business.

But that's demonstrating the totality of what he makes. I was not arguing that. You were specifically talking about the site and revenue from Google ads only.
I wasn't claiming they made millions a year from Google ads. I said Corey is a millionaire and that money came from the advertising which he received and continues to receive a large percentage of over the life of the websites. Sorry if I wasn't clear originally.

HaphazardSE

“It‘s a good thing we’re not stopping in Nassau, I’d hate to think about how much money I’d be spending on jewelry.” - Pete Werner

I swear the man has basically traded one addiction for another.

• Haha

peteykirch

VIP Member
z00UShG.gif

wrK2AOM.gif

He just exudes douchebag

I agree and he’s constantly ranting and raving which seems strange to me being that his company relies heavily on arranging travel for those who want to go to Disney. I’m not sayimg he has to agree with everything they do, but he could be more professional about it. For instance, I’m not a fan of Bob Chapek amd some of the decisions he’s made, but Pete’s name calling is off putting. As for Galaxy’s Edge, his disdain for it and his treatment of some of the CMs that work in the land and comments about them on the show was just uncalled for.

Someone else posted up thread that Pete seems to get irritated with Deni. I‘ve totally picked up on that! On a couple of occasions, she’s politely low-key checked him on his rudeness. I love that about her! She’s clearly not a doormat but also extremely professional, almost too good for the show and I’d follow her in an instant should she decide to start her own channel.
My biggest issue with Pete and that entire Galaxy Edge thing was him waxing poetic about Chapek cutting streetsmaphere in all the Parks, and how they need to bring it back. Then he literally is in the only place where "streetsmaphere" is still a thing and he bitches and moans that it's ruining his vlog.

Jafar

could you tell more about the relationship between John and Pete? What does John and Kevin REALLY think of Pete. Also what does Pete actually do for the company. It seems like John is the brains behind the operation.
Not much to tell. Pete and John own Dreams together with a third silent partner. Pete owns The Dis and related companies that drive the business to Dreams. John basically runs Dreams while Pete runs the businesses that drive the customers to Dreams which also benefits Pete as a third owner of Dreams.

• Heart

agathabeads

The only one that seems happy is Deni. I was surprised to hear she has a transgender child because I know her husband is or was a pastor. Glad to hear they had an open mind. Ryno became irritating to watch when covid hit. He was overly paranoid and it demonstrated his level of intelligence. He was wearing a mask the other day on Splash Mountain 🤨 so it got soaking. Craig just sounds bothered all the time. Pete is way too high on himself. You had a successful travel agency...you didn't invent the wheel. People have successful businesses all the time. I laugh when he name drops Disney executives, like as if he sits in the boardroom with them. That jealous comment was despicable.
"Josh D'Amaro, who is a close friend of mine" no he isn't you delusional old bat, you met him, probably twice, and he blew smoke up your ass because he knows you have a YouTube channel.

The ego on this guy...wild!

Jafar

Wow Pete unfollowed Corey firm Instagram too, definitely not a nice leaving
That's Pete. The king of cancel culture. He can do what he wants but the disgusting part is that no one who works for him will be allowed to be friends with Corey anymore. That's what Pete does, forces everyone else to also disconnect from people he doesn't like or risk their jobs too. It's a cult.

• Wow
  • Angry

Murray9000

VIP Member
Kevin is sadly stuck in the mindset of what he remembers WDW being when he went when they opened in '71.

So he almost always starts everything with "When I was a child and my Mom brought us to the Contemporary in 1971......yadda yadda
Is a male "Karen" a "Kevin"?

• Haha
Has anyone ever figured out how profitable their setup is? I'm in the UK so I'm not sure what is public record in the US. I feel like someone must have gone digging to see what kind of figures we're talking. To me, as an outsider, their homes (yeah those are easy to find!) are nothing too lavish but then the spending Pete, John and Kev do on travel, jewelry etc is so excessive that I figure there must be crazy good money involved.
I didn't intend to do some digging but I bumped into it. Back story is that just recently, I finally convinced the wife to do a Disney cruise out of San Diego (we're in Northern California). Went to Dreams Unlimited to see what they could do for me. They were so busy doing podcast cruises and videos that after a week after they said they'd get me a rate, they didn't respond. Based on my criteria, I was able to book a cabin on the deck I wanted directly with Disney in less than 10 minutes. I was somewhat annoyed with that, so I started digging around.

The travel agent commission on WDW packages is about 10%, and for cruises, it's about 12%, but most travel agents give back some of their commission as a "shipboard credit" or "gift package" to entice you to book. Had I booked with Dreams, their commission less the onboard credit and estimated value of the free gift would have been about $300. Not bad for less than 10 minutes of effort!

On Glassdoor, they have one review. A former agent posted that you had to be good with the very low commission split. I'm guessing a "low" commission split is around 70/30 or 80/20, with Pete et al getting 70%-80% of the commission and the agent getting the rest. So my agent would have received $60-$90 but Dreams would have collected over $200. On their website, they have 43 travel agents listed, including Kevin, Theresa, Frederico, and Kathy.

In 2000, Pete did an interview with Travel Weekly and he said at the time their revenue goal for the future was $10 million. And let's face it, all the Pete podcasts are just a giant tax deduction for Dreams. And Dreams is incorporated in Blackwood, New Jersey. Makes sense given Pete's background but doesn't make sense because the corporate tax laws are much more favorable in Florida than New Jersey. Dun and Bradstreet gives estimated revenue (sales less expenses) of about $3 million per year, which is going to be split between John, Pete, and their partner.

I'm guessing Pete makes over $1 million (US) a year, potentially more, running around ranting and raving about this, that, and the other. After taxes, 401(k) payments, health care, etc., Pete probably gets around $500K-$600K (US) net, with no kids. So yeah, he can afford to do all the things he does. And he makes more than enough that Craig et al shouldn't have to wait months for reimbursement.

• Wow
Reactions: 6

Loueylouay

VIP Member
I totally gave up with them when they went to The Boathouse and Hailey had a club sandwich which she mentioned she had several times before
Ffs, go to a seafood restaurant, eat a non seafood sandwich that you know you like?
That's not my idea of a good restaurant review.
Well when Pete did a review there, he got a steak because he doesn't eat seafood and then complained about the steak. Everyone else ordered seafood dishes and loved them. You didn't have to go!

I think it's gross that Pete keeps getting a Cabana at Castaway Cay....let other people have a chance to try them since there are not that many. You went once and reviewed it that's enough, stop being so selfish, entitled.

mrtoadswildson

I actually think Fiasco was a breath of fresh air b/c he wasn't a jaded queen or bitter. He wasn't a mesna but he was sincere, unlike most of them, and put up lots of content. I felt like Craig secretly hated him, was threatened, or just wanted to shit on him b/c he gets shit on by Pete daily.

Ryno is good sidekick (just meanders endlessly if he's alone), Panda seems more positive and good enough as a backup host...but much too fat for the nook. Craig and Deni work hard but I wouldn't call either of them entertaining.

Say what you want about Pete, he is good on the mic (I know), and an interesting personality to listen to. I can't believe he ever hired that dude Boda though, obvious wildly sketchy vibes in about 3 seconds.

I didn't watch in the old days but John and Kevin belong on a Sweatin' to the Oldies podcast.

• Haha

shadee91762

VIP Member
Yeah Sean is still around and still wearing shirts that don’t fit him.
And saying um every other word

Yea that cruise show was just Pete bragging about always being right and how much money he's spending. Yet last week he was bitching about paying full prices for a less than full experience. Now allegedly he's ready for a less than cruise excursion for full price though 🥴

Last edited:

MojoFilter

I can’t believe they sent Fiasco to the starcruiser. Why does Pete keep sending him places like he can actually review anything? Especially food. He has no camera presence at all.

MojoFilter

Fiasco and wife reviewed Erin McKenna’s. I hate their reviews. They show their faces more than the food and his wife has gotten more annoying the more comfortable she’s gotten on camera. Craig and Ryno do better reviews, but a food review of one person eating one thing is a stupid waste of time. Bring a few people to eat a few different things and tell us what you think. But they can’t even do that right because when they went to Schula’s didn’t like 3 of them order the filet? Wow, way to sample the menu guys. 🙄

• Heart